X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retlaw Yensid
    Minion
    • Jan 2005

DCA has - Sully, Stitch, Air Plane Minnie, Cruella, some Disney Channel cartoon characters, and Mickey, Woody and some princesses in the Animation Building.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

• Wotan
      Senior Minion
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
      DCA has - Sully, Stitch, Air Plane Minnie, Cruella, some Disney Channel cartoon characters, and Mickey, Woody and some princesses in the Animation Building.
      Don't they have Chip and Dale anymore in the Grizzly Rapids area?

Comment

• merlinjones
        Minion
        • Jan 2005

MIA at Disneyland:

Thumper and Flower - - I miss them!
        Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox - - I miss them even more!
        The "Big Head" Mad Hatter and March Hare - - Those were favorites!
        The old White Rabbit
        The old Winnie-the-Pooh w/hunny pot
        Zorro
        Jaq and Gus-Gus

never have seen, but would love to:

Cheshire Cat!!!
        Ludwig VonDrake
        Ranger Woodlore
        Humphrey Bear
        Huey, Dewey, Louie
        Horace Horsecollar

Need improvement:

Peter Pan
        Cinderella
        Maleficent

Should use more:

Tarzan
        Uncle $crooge
        Clarabelle Cow
        “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• dlfreak
          Disneyland Freak
          • Jan 2005

Minnie "Earheart" hasn't been seen in a long while since her little "show" was canceled. She appears as Mickey does as a Tourist now in the Sunshine Plaza.

In the Hollywood Backlot I'm not sure if the Incredibles are coming out anymroe but you can find Goofy and Donald dressed up as a props guy and director respectively. This is also where you'll find Cruella and Sully. Stanely, JoJo and Goliath are the "Disney Channel cartoon characters" that appear here, as well.

Originally posted by Wotan
          Don't they have Chip and Dale anymore in the Grizzly Rapids area?
          I believe so, yes.

Originally posted by merlinjones
          Should use more:

Tarzan
          Uncle $crooge
          Clarabelle Cow
          Great list... not sure about downgrading to the old versions (Particularly White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, and Pooh) but I agree with those "should use more" suggestions. I also wish they would add a Mad Madame Mim to the Sword in the Stone ceremony!

I love Ranger Woodlore too... instead of the Brother Bear or perhaps with them they should use Ranger Woodlore and Humphry and have kids pick up "trash" ("bump! bump!")
          Last edited by dlfreak; 02-15-2005, 10:43 PM.
          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
          www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
          If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
          Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

• Retlaw Yensid
            Minion
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dlfreak
            In the Hollywood Backlot I'm not sure if the Incredibles are coming out anymroe...
            Last month Frozone, Elastigirl, and Mr Incredible out my Cruella's area.

Comment

• Tinker Bell
              Sock Puppet
              • Jan 2005

I like the Minnie Mouse aviator outfit. It's really cute.
              "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
              --"Being Alive"
              Company Stephen
              Sondheim

Comment

• dlfreak
                Disneyland Freak
                • Jan 2005

Last month Frozone, Elastigirl, and Mr Incredible out my Cruella's area.
                I know... I said anymore
                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                  I was deleted.
                  • Dec 2008

Characters

I personally love the characters too! For the first time I got to meet Bert last month. That was fun.

Someone else mentioned Piglet - I agree! I asked each day and had CM's call the "Toon Finder" (that someone said was helpful) and no luck. In fact, one day near the end of my trip the CM I asked had called and they said no for today. Less than 30 minutes later Piglet with the others came out of the Plazza Inn. Talk about miss communication. It was a sad morning for me.

Many characters mentioned used to be around the parks all of the time! For example, the Song of the South characters used to be in the parks a lot when I was younger since the film was last released in 1986 (the year I was born). I do find it odd that I was able to meet them and have no clue who they are-- sad if you ask me.

That was also the age of Roger Rabit (http://www.brianazone.com/disney/dis_028.jpg) so you could see him all over the place! I also heard from a CM that Jessica was a face character and was removed for obvious reasons.

Scrodge was around too. http://www.brianazone.com/disney/dis_025.jpg

I must agree that characters need to better represented in various locations! My brother even meet Smee as an infant. I would like to see him and more of the Peter Pan characters. More villians and more characters to "play" with. (The Tweedles I didn't see my entire trip last month.)

Sadly, this is one thing that DLR CM's at Guest Relations have admitted to me-- you will see more characters at WDW than at their park. Sad.

Comment

• Retlaw Yensid
                    Minion
                    • Jan 2005

It is sad to see a character all alone. I usually take out my camera at that point and snap a few shots.

Everyone needs to be loved.

Comment

• emz84
                      • Jan 2005

Have to say one of my potentially rarer sightings was a few of the Ducktales/Tail spin characters and the Cat from Pinocchio (not Figaro). That was round in 95 altho' poss all you APs out there will inform me that these characters were commonplace - lol!

Comment

• Rissa_thehost
                        Disney Nazi
                        • Jan 2005

Humphrey Bear is actually an Australian creation, and I don't think you would ever see him at DCA.

I want to see the Cheshire Cat he is my favourite and I love the Villians but i never make it to the park in October so i feel i really miss out on seeing them.

I find however that each time i am at the park, i find a new character to have a pic with. Last time it was Mulan and Mooshu at DCA and for the first time i founf Peter Pan and Wendy who accused me of being a pirate because i was wearing a Wicked Queen t-shirt.

I wanna go so bad 6months is a long way away !
                        "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

Comment

• dlfreak
                          Disneyland Freak
                          • Jan 2005

Piglet used to usually only be at the Plaza Inn character breakfasts and OCCASIONALLY on Main Street but since PI Breakfasts were changed to Princess we hardly see Piglet anymore....

Gideon (the "other" cat from Pinocchio) is actually more common then you may think in the past few years. When he's out it's usually with Honest John or at the very least Pinocchio.

Roger reamins a popular character but the last rumor I heard about this disappearance in the park stems back to the Amblin agreement with Disney (and bad blood) that prevents Roger from doing regular meet and greets.

Smee disappeared about a year ago but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a "fresh" comeback sometime in the near future. Peter Pan and Wendy have been quite common the past year as has Pocahontas with Meeko.

The Br'ers disappeared a few years ago too but I expect them to make a "fresh" comeback too...

Originally posted by Rissa_thehost
                          Humphrey Bear is actually an Australian creation, and I don't think you would ever see him at DCA.
                          Pooh is an English creation... It doesn't matter where it was created as much as where that character "lived" in the Disney cartoons. Brownstone National park is the home of Humphry Bear and these National parks are a big part of California with Yosemite.
                          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                          www.mouseinfo.com

Comment

• wolfy
                            Still wants to be a cat!
                            • Jan 2005

Saw the Mad Hatter a couple of times last month, once at Goofy's Kitchen and then again in DL.
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• IndyJn511
                              Rawr...
                              • Jan 2005

I would really like to see the Brers sometime...
                              Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                              http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                              sigpic

Comment

• thirdwish
                                • Feb 2005

I wish they would have more of a variety of face characters. they have three or four girls as Cinderella every day (who do not look alike) why not have just one like in the old days and have Esmeralda? Also, kids know the princesses are not real when they see diferent girls in the same day!!!!!! it kills it : (

Comment

• IndyJn511
                                  Rawr...
                                  • Jan 2005

I would like to see some hunchback characters....
                                  Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                                  sigpic

Comment

• merlinjones
                                    Minion
                                    • Jan 2005

>>Humphrey Bear is actually an Australian creation, and I don't think you would ever see him at DCA.<<

We must be talking about a different Humphrey - - the one I mean was a foil for Donald Duck and Ranger Woodlore in a series of 50's era cartoon shorts. He lives in a US National Park.
                                    “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• thirdwish
                                      • Feb 2005

do any of you think diferent girls in the same princess in the same day kills it?

Comment

• Retlaw Yensid
                                        Minion
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by thirdwish
                                        do any of you think diferent girls in the same princess in the same day kills it?
                                        Only when you're waiting in line for say Sleeping Beauty and she goes back to the castle (on a break) and a new Sleeping Beauty comes out ten minutes later.

Comment

• Wotan
                                          Senior Minion
                                          • Jan 2005

The Mary Poppins is very special to me...as my mother was given a first edition print of the PJ Travers book as a child right before she was orphaned.

A number of people in the past have said I reminded them of Big Al (from CBJ/CBVH); I know he'll never appear in DL now, but has anyone seen him in any of the parks?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X