Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plaza Inn's Fantasia Cheesecake & WDW's Cape May Cafe's New England Clam Chowder

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaza Inn's Fantasia Cheesecake & WDW's Cape May Cafe's New England Clam Chowder

Hi Everyone.
    I was wondering if you have ever eaten either the:

FANTASIA CHEESECAKE From the Plaza Inn at the Disneyland Resort...

OR

NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER From Cape May Cafe at WDW.

I have the recipes for both and wanted to try them out so if anyone knows if they are good or not please reply

• NeverNeverland
    replied
    Re: Plaza Inn's Fantasia Cheesecake & WDW's Cape May Cafe's New England Clam Chowder

WOW that sounds delicious!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MsSarah
    replied
    Re: Plaza Inn's Fantasia Cheesecake & WDW's Cape May Cafe's New England Clam Chowder

Fantasia Cheesecake
    Graham Cracker Crust:

1 c. graham cracker crumbs
    1 T. sugar
    4 T. butter, melted
    -Grease bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
    -Combine all crust ingredients and blend well. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan; set aside.

Filling:
    4 pkgs. (8oz each) cream cheese
    2 c. sugar
    1/8 t. salt
    1 t. lemon extract
    1 t. grated lemon rind
    4 eggs
    -Preheat the oven to 350.
    -In large bowl of electric mixer, blend cream cheese, sugar, salt, lemon extract and lemon rind until smooth.
    -Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition, do not overmix batter.
    -Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for
    45 to 50 minutes, or until cheesecake is set.
    -Cook on a wire rack for 30 minutes, refrigerate several hours.

Topping:
    4 T. packed brown sugar
    1/4 c. brandy
    1 c. sour cream
    -Mix brown sugar and brandy until sugar dissolves.
    -Whisk in sour cream to blend.
    -Spoon over cheesecake slices and garnish with fresh fruit...

IF ANYONE WANTS THE CLAM CHOWDER RECIPE PLEASE PM ME...

Leave a comment:

• Wanda Woman
    replied

I did wonder why the recipe was titled "Fantasia Cheesecake". It certainly has nothing to do with Fantasia ice cream. It's just a regular New York cheesecake (but the Inn Between's was sooooo yummy!).

BFJen, the recipes are in the link in the second post of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

I tried making Fantasia Ice Cream at coldstone. Tasted nothing like the original.

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

Post the recipes please!

Leave a comment:

• Wanda Woman
    replied

Oooooh, I remember loving the Plaza Inn's/Inn Between's cheesecake back when I was a Cast Member! I'd scrimp on buying food so I would have enough money for a slice of cheesecake.

Sing with me, Meeem-o-ries . . . .

Thanks much, I'm going to have to try that recipe!!

Leave a comment:

• MsSarah
    replied

Bump...

Leave a comment:

• landj
    replied

I have never eaten it but I have heard about the Fantasia Ice Cream which I wish I would be able to try but I did find a site that had the recipe for the cheesecake you are talking about....

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/roger_...03/11/942.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X