Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Is July Busy?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is July Busy?

My friends and i are planning to go down to LA/Anaheim for about 8 days. we are also planning on going to Disneyland/DCA (first time for me) for 5 days. We will also get a five day park hopper. i was wondering from the people who go very often, how is July. I know we are looking at the first week, which includes the 4th. How busy is July. We will probably go to DL when it opens, go back to hotel around 1-4 and go back to hotel. So i was also wondering if 5 days is plenty to see and do everything in July. And also if there is special celebrations during the 4th.

Re: Is July Busy?

Since it is summer and kids are out of school - I can only assume it will be busy.
    I recommend you go on a Monday - Friday for best luck.
    From my experiences, Saturday and Sunday are the most crowded.
    Go on the rides that get a long line first - Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Tea Cups, Ect Ect.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It's busy, but I wouldn't say it's unmanageable, except if you go on or around the 4th of July. 5 days is the perfect amount of time to see everything at the DLR, just make sure to get there early and use FP! Plus, since it's high season, both parks will have their maximum operating hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
        ...How busy is July.....
        Right now, July is really bored...just kinda waiting it's turn in the spotlight for the year.

If you are going around the 4, the tuesday through thursday before will probably be your best days. The day of and the weekend after is going to absolutely totally NUTS. (unless of course there is some very odd reason it's empty during that time).

I'll be there too - but retreat after a few hours each day and relax away from all of the people. Sometimes it gets so packed, I feel horrible keep bumping into people...so it's nice to go to DTD and get some food, or catch a movie, then go home. (for you, the hotel).

Pace yourselves and I think you'll have a great time!
        sigpic

Comment

Well sir clinksalot, your thread lasted 9 days...

Comment

Originally posted by InnerSpace View Post
            Well sir clinksalot, your thread lasted 9 days...

huh
            sigpic

Comment

Look here for a detailed analysis of when it is busy in the Disneyland parks.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...008-86961.html

Lots of great info!
              "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
              raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

The Summer is never busy at DL. It's the best time to go... I heard July 4th is dead at the park...:evil:

Comment

"Is July busy?"

hahaha.

Is the Pope Catholic?

Summer's the busiest time, aside from the weeks surrounding Christmas.
                  Doesn't mean you'll be miserable though, especially since you have 5 full days to enjoy the resort. You'll be fine and have a great time, even if it's packed!
                  "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Last year we went June 30th to July 7th. We were prepared for the worst, crowd wise, but it was absolutely nothing like we anticipated or read about! To start it off we pricelined the hotel and got the Hyatt for 45 dollars a night the whole trip. It was kind of spur of the moment, so the price led me to believe they were not anywhere near booked. We have been for alot of holidays like labor day, memorial day, spring break, mothers day, week before christmas and those were all busier it seemed than July. The fourth of Juy evening is the only night it got crazy. We cant wait to go back this fourth!! Everything is in full swing in July so just take your time and enjoy everything the summer season offers!

Comment

ld The first week in July will be very busy. But if you get there about 30 minutes before opening, take advantage of your early entry day (s) and have a good touring plan, 5 days is sufficient to cover a good solid trip and get to everything, once or twice and hit your favorites 3 or 4 times each.

It you go without a plan, show up at 11 am, well the crowds are going to bother you for the most part.

Note that the 4th will be extremely crowded. Depending on which day of the week it falls the closest weekend to it will be crowded also. But both weekends before and after are usually crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by WSVR View Post
                        The first week in July will be very busy. But if you get there about 30 days before opening,
                        I don't think it will be quite that busy that the OP will need a 30 day head start.., but it couldn't hurt.

Comment

June 4th will be DEAD compared to July 4th. So yeah, 30 days sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                            "Is July busy?"

hahaha.

Is the Pope Catholic?
                            LOL! I had a different question in mind.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X