Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Blue Bayou Reservations Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Bayou Reservations Question

Good Morning All,

I vaguely recall that in years past the earliest a guest could make reservations to eat at the Blue Bayou was that day ....... in an even more vague sense I now have the sense (from things I've read here) that reservations can be made much earlier .......

So the question is, how early can reservations be made? A week? A month? I want to make my reservations as soon as possible for my next trip .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Re: Blue Bayou Reservations Question

I made mine almost a month out when I came in May- you can call the dining line and make them probably 60-90 days out. You could call and ask-

Comment

Dine Line:
      (714) 781-DINE
      -Monorail Man

Comment

I believe it's 60 days ahead of time.

Comment

Priority Seating arrangements can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling the Disney DINE line at (714) 781-DINE. You can also make them up to about ten days in advance at the pdiums in front of the restaurant. Additionally, if you are a party larger than twelve, you will need to speak to a manager to arrange that now, and you will be forwarded to the front desk, where we will find you a manager.

They've been dcoing it this way for a little over a year now, unfortunately. I think it keeps out guests who just didn't know about PSes. :/
          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I know this isn't really the topic but is there a "dine line" for WDW restaurants?
            Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

:ap: I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land! :ap:

Comment

melmel: they might as well though. Blue Bayou has historically been a location you couldn't really get into without planning ahead. In most cases, you had to know to go straight to the location first thing in the morning to make a ressie. Might as well take phone bookings at that point.

How's it working for them, btw?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
                I know this isn't really the topic but is there a "dine line" for WDW restaurants?
                Yes they do. It's (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463). Also if you are doing a trip that has the Dining Plan go to here and search the resturants and see which ones are part of the plan.

Comment

Thanks for this thread, OP.

Also, don't forget to ask the CM when you get there if you can possibly have a water front table. This has usually tacked on around 15 minutes to the wait time, but it is worth it to me.

Have a great trip!!

Comment

Hmm I thought it was 30 days in advance, but it never hurts to call as soon as you know when you'll be there. I actually got in about a month ago without making reservations on a Friday, although I did have to check with the desk 3 times in the span of one hour. I think the CM felt bad enough that she let us in! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                      Thanks for this thread, OP.

Also, don't forget to ask the CM when you get there if you can possibly have a water front table. This has usually tacked on around 15 minutes to the wait time, but it is worth it to me.

Have a great trip!!

You're welcome , Max. Asking good questions has become my life's work.

I've heard, however, that large groups (I'll have seven in my party) are difficult to seat at the water's edge ...... any insights on that possibility?
                      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

The WDW Priority Seating is really amazing. We used it last year and could often get in many of the places without much notice. I was really pleased with the whole dining experience there. We as often walked up as used PS, though.

Next time I want to do the Blue Bayou, I'll definitely take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                          I've heard, however, that large groups (I'll have seven in my party) are difficult to seat at the water's edge ...... any insights on that possibility?

GP,

I'm not sure how big of a Panda you are, but it shouldn't be a problem..

I have only been there like five times, but I have seen anywhere from two-nine people sit up close. The way they stagger the tables, really makes for a good view for like the first three layers of tables, so even if you aren't directly on the water, you will still be good to go.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                            melmel: they might as well though. Blue Bayou has historically been a location you couldn't really get into without planning ahead. In most cases, you had to know to go straight to the location first thing in the morning to make a ressie. Might as well take phone bookings at that point.

How's it working for them, btw?
                            Well, they used to book half the restaurant, and then have a stand by line, which gave everyone a chance to get in, even if they had to wait an hour.

It works well for them now-- the restaurant is always full. But I think there are more upset and confused guests that just can't get in.
                            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

My mom booked the PS for the visit on 7/15 in june.. but as said.. it can be up to 60 or 90 days... (WDW i never done over the phone.. I usually tourture then day of.. lol)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X