Does anyone know how long will fireworks last?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • travelmom
    Minion
    • Feb 2005

Does anyone know how long will fireworks last?

I was hoping some of you CM's out there would know when the last day for the fireworks will be this year.
    We are planning a trip the week and weekend of September 12-17.
    My daughter hasn't seen the fireworks yet, and I can't find any schedules for those dates. I know the park closes at 8:00 during the week, but what about the weekends when it is open to 10:00, 11:00, and 12:00?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated! :wave:
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!
  • Max Fischer
    That Guy
    • Apr 2005

Re: Does anyone know how long will fireworks last?

I'm with you on this question, hopefully someone knows. It kind of sounds like all bets are off, as far as guessing what they will do. Some have speculates that they will show fireworks even during the week due to the 50th, and others are sticking with just the weekends. I will give a churro/ dole whip to the correct answer!

Comment

• dshimel
      Banned User
      • Feb 2005

The rumor is that fireworks will run every night for the 18-month 50th celebration.

Comment

• Darkbeer
        Darkbeer
        • Jan 2005

The decision of what to offer and when for the off-season entertainment still have not been made. The park folks are calculating numbers, both on the costs of the offerings, and how much they have made in additional attendance, and looking forward (using hotel bookings, etc.) to figure out what they should do.

In the past, the parade was offered once daily in the off-season, usually in the early evening hours (to allow the CM's to attend school during the week), and that EITHER the Fireworks or Fantasmic! was offered on Friday thru Sundays.

Based on some inside info, and that what the following is, some thoughts on what they MIGHT do...

At DCA, Block Party Bash has been popular, but not driving additional attendance. Looks like ti will become a weekend only parade, though since they have advertised it so much, it might remain a daily parade.

At Disneyland, expect the Parade of Dreams to be offered once during the wwek, and twice on weekends

The Fireworks should be offered at least on the weekends, and might remain daily.

The biggest question is what to do with Fantasmic! for the off-season. Will attendance on the weekends in the off-season pay for both the Fireworks and Fantasmic!...

A decision is expected within the next week or two.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• dramaqueen
          is FIERCE!
          • Jan 2005

I hope it comes soon. I have been assuming that the fireworks will only run on weekends since Disneyland closes at 8pm in the off season. I had also heard that they need to save their pollution credits and the only way to do this is only run them on the weekends.

Anyways, Darkbeer knows much more about all this than I do, so please keep us updated.
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• travelmom
            Minion
            • Feb 2005

Thanks guys. I was hoping to hear the fireworks would still be offered on the weekends! I think its great if they decide to keep it up for the duration of the official celebration. After hearing from us how great they are, my daughter really wants to see them, and I'm sure many people do as well.
            Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

• Darkbeer
              Darkbeer
              • Jan 2005

I forgot to add, the decision on the Electrical Parade at DCA has been made, its last day is September 5th, and will go to a refurb status, with a scheduled return in May of 2006.

Comment

• Max Fischer
                That Guy
                • Apr 2005

Darkbeer,

As always, thanks so much for the great info!!

Can you please tell me what time the ELP will be on Sept. 5th?

Also, with the ELP in mind, do you think they might have the fireworks on Sept. 5th as well? (crossing my fingers.....)

Comment

• Giant Panda
                  My Children's Father
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                  I hope it comes soon. I have been assuming that the fireworks will only run on weekends since Disneyland closes at 8pm in the off season. I had also heard that they need to save their pollution credits and the only way to do this is only run them on the weekends.

Anyways, Darkbeer knows much more about all this than I do, so please keep us updated.

I'm less concerned about closing time than I am pollution credits. By the end of October, it is dark enough by 6:00 PM (6:30?) to show fireworks ...... and if they're bringing the crowds in, they may extend the operating hours.

But shooting off fireworks every day as opposed to just weekends is a 71% increase in air pollution discharge ........
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

• creamcityleo79
                    Old School MiceCh@tter
                    • Apr 2005

I had called Guest Services a couple weeks ago regarding "Remember..." and they said that all of the 50th Celebration events will be daily through the remainder of the 18-month celebration. But, that Fantasmic! will be going dark after Labor Day(2 days before we get there!)

Comment

• Giant Panda
                      My Children's Father
                      • Jan 2005

Did they say when F! would be back?
                      "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                      - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

• dramaqueen
                        is FIERCE!
                        • Jan 2005

That sucks about Fantasmic!!!! I was hoping to catch it <shakes fist at the unfairness of it all>

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

• creamcityleo79
                          Old School MiceCh@tter
                          • Apr 2005

^Blame it on the AP's and their sense of "entitlement"!...and bring a squirt gun to show them how much you care

Comment

• Dustysage
                            Man of mystery and
                            MiceChat Administrator
                            • Jan 2005

I'd expect Fantasmic! to be back for the Holidays.
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                            Save

Comment

• dramaqueen
                              is FIERCE!
                              • Jan 2005

Oh the squirt guns are a given- I have one sitting on my desk

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

• Dustysage
                                Man of mystery and
                                MiceChat Administrator
                                • Jan 2005

Let's keep it on topic

Blame it on the AP's and their sense of "entitlement"!
                                Oh the squirt guns are a given
                                No need to derail new topics with old garbage

-Dusty
                                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                Save

Comment

• pyrateslife4me84
                                  Resident Neuroscientist
                                  • Mar 2005

Remember could be shown nightly...but I doubt it. At least in September, they would have to start after park closing (which is, admittedly, not unheard of...wdw will often have fireworks up to a half hour after closing). For the record, even by the end of October, sunset isn't till 6 pm...so fireworks couldn't run till about 7 pm. It is only after daylight savings time ends that the fireworks can start as early as about 6 pm. Still, I would not hold my breath on nightly fireworks--just Friday thru Sunday. I would be very skeptical of Anaheim allowing them to show something as big as Remember nightly for 18 months. They do have kids that go to school there...
                                  -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                  I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

• Darkbeer
                                    Darkbeer
                                    • Jan 2005

Plus it looks like he Senate will pass the Energy bill on Friday, which will extend Daylight Savings Time until at least the end of November....

Plus the fact that the Parade is traditionally offered just once a day on the off-season weekdays (one reason, to allow CM that attend school; mainly performance arts classes to go to class during the day, then head to work...) So if the Parade of Dreams starts at around 7 PM, you would have a MAJOR traffic mess near the hub...

So I think that there isn't much of a chance for fireworks in September and October on weekdays... should be interesting to see what they do for the Christmas season....

Will they offer the Christmas Parade at DCA, and what about the November and early December weekdays when the park closes at 6 PM... And if the Christmas Parade is in DCA, will they offer a special Christmas version of the Fireworks at DL, or maybe an added segment to Remember, so they can use the Snow effect (a crowd favorite)...

The TDA folks have a lot of decisions to make, partly due to budget, but also logistics, and will they have enough CM's to work the three different parades (PoD, BBB and Christmas) if they decide to offer all three, and can they get some CM's to work multiple parades???

Fantasmic!, cancel it during the off-season, but bring it back for the holidays (a lot of logistics if they do that, new CM's will have to be trained) and is it worth it for about three weeks.

A lot of things are being thought over, and numbers are being crunched....

Should be interesting to see what they decide...

It should also be interesting to see what they report about the 3rd quarter (April thru June) attendance in the report coming up in the next few weeks (no date has been announced yet). As far as I have been told, it is not what TDA was hoping for, especially for DCA.

Comment

• Disney Analyst
                                      Behind the refurb walls..
                                      • Apr 2005

So fantasmic is going down in the middle of summer? For what? Refurb?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                      ~

Comment

• disneyfreeek
                                        We wants the redhead
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                                        Plus it looks like he Senate will pass the Energy bill on Friday, which will extend Daylight Savings Time until at least the end of November....
                                        :ot: but WHA#%^@(*!@_???????? That's not cool, where did you hear this?
                                        sigpic
                                        Elsa's and Anna's
                                        Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X