Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DL Hotel old Fantasy Waters area (an idea)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL Hotel old Fantasy Waters area (an idea)

I was thinking that since the Fantasy Waters area appears to be closed for good what could go in this area. It then crossed my mind about the new "Fantasy Gardens" area at the new HKDL park. This area is (briefly) described by Disney on the HKDL site as: "Meet and take your photos with Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and all their Disney friends in this one-of-a-kind attraction - presented by Kodak. "

I envision this new area as less of a meet and greet and more of a garden area. But meet and greets could certainly be scheduled here. The area would combine the Koi Ponds, old Fantasy Waters area and the waterfalls. The area would look something like this:

You would enter via a Topiary Arch with the "Fantasy Gardens" logo on it (sort of like the way you in enter the Alice maze at DL Paris). This entrance would be located is the open grassy area behind the Lost Bar. Access the the Cove Pools (which could be upgraded as part of this renovation) would b located between the Fantasy Gardens entrance and the Blue Pavilion at the rear of the property.

Once inside, the old Koi Ponds would be redecorated with a new gazebo themed to look like a Pagoda. This area would double as a Mulan and Mushu meet/greet area.

The old Fantasy Waters backdrop would be rebuilt to have the blue sky with the moon and stars backdrop (ala Fantasia) maybe with some oversized sheets of music scatters about as if they are flying up from the ground. In the foreground the Bronze Fantasia Mickey and Brooms from the entrance to DL Paris Studios would be added.

A Nemo photo op would be added (similar to the one at EPCOT) around and near the Horseshoe Waterfalls.

Other elements I envision would include:

- A large Tinkerbell topiary like the one that is often featured at the Flower and Garden Show at EPCOT
    - A Large Topiary "Mad Tea Party" scene like the one adjacent to the entrance to the WDW Mad Tea Party ride. Giant oversize "Wonderland" leaves would dot the area, large fiberglass tea cups and teapots would be added features of the scene and japanese lanterns strung over the topiary scene.
    - If space remains, a Victorian Gazebo that is used for meet and greets or a topiary gardens that features topiary scenes that rotate regularly could be added.
    - I'd also like to see a small fountain like the once adjacent to the New Orleans Square Train Station added to this area.

The whole idea is to make this a peaceful/attractive/fun/lovely area to enjoy while at the DL Hotel. It would hopefully become a highlight of the property like the Fantasy Waters used to be.

What do you guys think? And on a side note, has anyone heard anymore about DL updating this area themselves?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Re: DL Hotel old Fantasy Waters area (an idea)

Sounds great but not sure if htat area is big enough for all you have planned also I dont believe they have character meet and greets in a non-paying setting. I could be wrong. I do enjoy the idea of a mini-Fantasy Gardens area.

Just wish they would bring back the old show :crybye:

Seems like it wouldnt cost much but what do I know?

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

I don't see how it could be a big cost thing... they still shoot the thing off during the day.

Maybe they just needed to refurb the structure and the lights stuff and that's what was too much. Or maybe they just want people spending their time in downtown disney and not in front of a free water show. Shrug

Comment

Well, something needs to be done with the area. It's really "tired" looking.
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot
          I don't see how it could be a big cost thing... they still shoot the thing off during the day.

Maybe they just needed to refurb the structure and the lights stuff and that's what was too much. Or maybe they just want people spending their time in downtown disney and not in front of a free water show. Shrug
          Ive heard rumors that people staying at the hotel while the show was still going on, teens and others were supposidly "re-adjusting" the nozzles for the show, and it made all the water effects all screwey, and the disney staff just leave it and everybody hat goes to the show expects a good show and when it starts they look at the patterns all disformed and everybody just leaves after the first song or so. but thats just what Ive heard. I personally enjoyed the show wish theyed bring it back.

Comment

no...not another meet and greet,....:blink:

Comment

Does anyone have an idea where I could find a video of the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                Does anyone have an idea where I could find a video of the show?
                I've only seen one video of it on the internet, but you wouldnt like it because it doesnt have the same music as the show plus it is just a short glimpse of it. I have a video on my video camera, would show it to ya but its kind of far away.:blink:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X