This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I win this extra hour at DCA...

I was in the park yesterday while my wife was at a conference. The dream squad was handing out passes at the exit of Maliboomer. I asked for one for my wife but they said no, she has to be exiting the ride (even though they had arm loads of them). Maliboomer is one of those rides that will separate many families, so I don't know what happens when a kid win and his parents don't get to stay after with him or her; doesn't seem fair.
    Anyway, I went back on the ride and got another one.

We didn't go, since we needed to beat traffic home. It really seemed like a pointless prize. There was no one in the park already!!!!

I went on everything I wanted a couple times in a couple hours. Practically walked on screamin' and soarin'.

I would love to know how many people actually stayed. (I left at about 2:30 and could not imagine waiting until 6:00!!).

Re: So I win this extra hour at DCA...

Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post

We didn't go, since we needed to beat traffic home. It really seemed like a pointless prize. There was no one in the park already!!!!
    It was pointless to you because of your plan to leave early to beat traffic home, but may not be pointless to others who may appreciate the gesture more.

Comment

I don't think an extra hour in DCA would be quite as nice as an extra hour in DL. We always get to ride everything we want to in DCA even on Christmas day when it was packed. There are not as many attractions so it's not as difficult to do everything that you want.
      Foolish Mortal
      sigpic

Comment

I probably would take the extra hour to photograph areas of the park without any people. I love how DCA in particular looks as the sun is setting and at night and getting empty street shots would be worth the wait.

And I would probably ride Soaring a few times.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
          It was pointless to you because of your plan to leave early to beat traffic home, but may not be pointless to others who may appreciate the gesture more.
          Correct, it was pointless to me and my situation and I assume many others at the park yesterday. That's why I'm curious as to how many people stayed. Especially if those that really wanted to couldn't be with the rest of their party because they didn't ride the attraction!

Comment

borrrrrrrrrring
            Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

But the park was most likely pretty dead yesterday, and I wouldn't imagine the amount of people who got the extra hour was much higher than the people in the park at the 6:00 closing time.

Thanks for the report. Al had reported the first day for this was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by skoolpsyk View Post
                I was in the park yesterday while my wife was at a conference. The dream squad was handing out passes at the exit of Maliboomer. I asked for one for my wife but they said no, she has to be exiting the ride (even though they had arm loads of them). Maliboomer is one of those rides that will separate many families, so I don't know what happens when a kid win and his parents don't get to stay after with him or her; doesn't seem fair.
                Anyway, I went back on the ride and got another one.

Winning this prize in DCA at least for me would be pointless. As others have said the whole park can be done even on the busiest days. But also I never get the feeling of never wanting to leave the way I do in Disneyland.

And I cannot believe that they wouldn't extend the prize to your wife. This is one prize that in order for it to work must be extended to all persons in a winner's party. What is the other person supposed to do? Wait in the esplanade while you enjoy your extra hour? And what if the extra person is a minor? Are we supposed to make them wait somewhere by themselves?

Come on, Disney. Think a little bit here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  Winning this prize in DCA at least for me would be pointless. As others have said the whole park can be done even on the busiest days. But also I never get the feeling of never wanting to leave the way I do in Disneyland.

And I cannot believe that they wouldn't extend the prize to your wife. This is one prize that in order for it to work must be extended to all persons in a winner's party. What is the other person supposed to do? Wait in the esplanade while you enjoy your extra hour? And what if the extra person is a minor? Are we supposed to make them wait somewhere by themselves?

Come on, Disney. Think a little bit here!!!
                  Yes, you have a point, but where would they draw the line if someone says "well, there are 10 other people in my group but they're not right here with me'.

Some things just don't work out well in practice and are subject to abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                    Yes, you have a point, but where would they draw the line if someone says "well, there are 10 other people in my group but they're not right here with me'.

Some things just don't work out well in practice and are subject to abuse.

It happens all the time. If you go to Guest Relations and explain the situation, and can tell them exactly when and where you got YOUR pass (ears, fastpass, lanyard, etc.), they will contact the Dream Squad and try to get you whatever it is for the rest of the party. To a point. They can't help you if you were one of a Magic Music days group and you want fastpasses for the rest of your high school. But "mom was in the bathroom" can usually be resolved.
                    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I agree that the prize should extend to all members of the party.

As for the three people who actually stayed, I'm sure they had a great time.

Comment

Well, when giving them at the exit of a ride like Maliboomer, your going to have split-up families. Not the best idea.

How about having them at the exit of the Animation building, Carousel, Monsters, etc. Rides that don't split families up.

Solves that problem.

Comment

So, did you give away your extra hour passes? Personally, I love DCA and would like to have spent an extra hour by myself!

But, I agree, it would be tough if the whole family couldn't stay with you.
                          sigpic
                          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Yet another MiceChatter/AP who complains when they get something totally for free. What a surprise.

I'd love an extra hour and I'm SO glad I didn't have parents/friends like you who want to "beat the traffic" to leave. When I go to the park we just hang around the area (get dinner or something) until around 8pm, not too late, but still after the traffic rush- even if DCA closes at 6.
                            -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
                              Yet another MiceChatter/AP who complains when they get something totally for *free*. Surprise. Surprise.
                              Where do you get complaining? He didn't use the pass because he couldn't get one for his wife. My goodness, if you always complain about complainers you are in similar company.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X