This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Update 1/16: Grizzly Rapids Refurb/Castle Snow Continues to Melt

Okay... technically I'm still working on finishing up another thread, but I just HAPPENED to be at the DLR this afternoon, and I went over to DCA because I hadn't seen the Snow White exhibit yet. So while I'm strolling around the park, I notice that the falls aren't falling...

"Huh," I says to myself. "That's odd."

And then, while I'm taking a few shots on the Sun Wheel, I notice there are no rafts going up the lift on the Grizzly rapids...

"Huh," I says to myself. "That's odd."

So I head over to investigate. Sure enough, the water wheel is not turning...

The back pathway is blocked off...

And the rafts are lined up with no one inside them...

The rapids, it appears, have gone down for a refurb:

So... the reason I am starting a thread for this is....I've never seen the rapids down for a refurb before. And the area looks quite different without water running through the creek. For instance...

This would be the infamous geyser...

Here are more falls that aren't falling....

And the official announcement...

Interesting to see how they get the water to roll like that...

The big drop...

MEANWHILE.... Back over in Disneyland...

More railing has appeared on the Dream Suite entrance...

The snow is continuing to melt on the Castle. :crybye:

And....the base of the Tea Cups has received a fresh coat of paint. But the Tea Cups...

still seem to be missing.

That's it for now! I'll try to be along later with more shots!
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-17-2008, 06:21 AM.

Re: Photo Update 1/16: Grizzly Rapids Refurb/Castle Snow Continues to Melt

Very interesting!!!

sigpic

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

Comment

Gosh I really hope good upkeep continues. I am so worried what will happen without Greg Emmer.

Great shots by the way. They really need to paint the rockwork on Grizzly Peak. Chlorine stains are not glamorous.

Comment

Cool pictures. GRR looks totally different without the waterfalls

Comment

Aww poor Grizzly. It does look weird without the water gushing through! And the teacups are still missing?? Tell the snowman from Matterhorn to give them back!
          "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
          -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

Comment

Grizzly is supposed to be back open the 18
            tea cups should be back up then too, i saw them getting a fresh coat of paint

Comment

WOW...thanks for the great photos! Funny, I was also at DLR last night and my first stop was DCA and I noticed there was no falls falling! It's so pretty so I was disappointed. The boys said "it might be broken down or something."
              I just didn't take it one step further to go check it out since I had no intention of getting wet at night.

Very interesting seeing rides without water, lights on, under construction, etc., Thanks for taking the time to snap those wonderful pictures!

Comment

Great shots, GRR does not seem the same without the water though...
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome shots LDF. Great detail on GRR. I am looking forward to an upgrade sometime soon.

Comment

The new paint job on the Tea Cups looks great!

Comment

Ah the sweet smell of progress, or is that the smell of fresh paint...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X