Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Horizons 2.0?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Horizons 2.0?

    Who would like to see a ride similar to Horizons in Tommorowland? It could go in were Pizza Port is now or even replace innoventions. (for anyone who is unfamiliar to Horizons it was a ride in EPCOT that got replaced by Mission Space, here's a video.. it's very cool http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QPmCvQHFZU) It would be different that instead of the desert ending choice there would be an EPCOT ending choice. I don't mean the theme park though, I mean the city Walt Disney had planned...




    would this be cool?

  • #2
    Re: Horizons 2.0?

    No thanks......lets get some original ideas into dl. plus hasnt horizons been closed for some time at wdw?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Horizons 2.0?

      Yes, its been closed for some time and EPCOT Center has never been the same. Yes it had gotten a bit outdated, and yes it needed a good refurb to bring it up to date (as all rides that deal with the future do), but it didn't need to be closed and turned into Vomit Space.

      I would love to see an updated Horizons somewhere, someday. I doubt that building would be big enough to house the huge attraction that Horizons was however.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Horizons 2.0?

        I'm in. Horizons was one of my all-time favorite attractions and since it really was a sequel to the Carousel of Progress (which has been missing from DL for a while), it would be fitting to have an attraction that is edu-tainment again in Tomorrowland. Innoventions, I suppose, is there to serve as that edu-tainment component of TL, but it's not actually entertaining.

        I'm not up for getting rid of Pizza Port, though. Not only do I like it, but I also don't want one less choice of somewhere to eat in the park -- especially one that doesn't feature burgers!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Horizons 2.0?

          Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
          Who would like to see a ride similar to Horizons in Tommorowland?


          would this be cool?
          OK to be a bit rude....did you ever even ride Horizons? I mean to the point where you could remember it. You are 14!!!!! It closed in 1999 you were 5!!!!!!

          The problem with everyone that LOVES to bring up these great ideas about past attractions is most never made it on there other then once or twice. The reasons they remove attractions is because no one went on them and they were out of date. Horizons and ATIS seem to be two that get brought up all the time....these attractions were closed because low attendance. They were both amazing attractions in their prime, but I know I never saw either with more then a 10 minute wait during the busy days. That is not saying we should get rid of everything that is old and has no wait, but why bring things back for what I call a nostalgia rush for a few months? Then they go back to having no wait and no one visits them? So my answer to your question.... no it would not be cool!
          Kungaloosh!

          *END OF LINE*

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Horizons 2.0?

            Originally posted by Jerm View Post
            OK to be a bit rude....did you ever even ride Horizons? I mean to the point where you could remember it. You are 14!!!!! It closed in 1999 you were 5!!!!!!

            The problem with everyone that LOVES to bring up these great ideas about past attractions is most never made it on there other then once or twice. The reasons they remove attractions is because no one went on them and they were out of date. Horizons and ATIS seem to be two that get brought up all the time....these attractions were closed because low attendance. They were both amazing attractions in their prime, but I know I never saw either with more then a 10 minute wait during the busy days. That is not saying we should get rid of everything that is old and has no wait, but why bring things back for what I call a nostalgia rush for a few months? Then they go back to having no wait and no one visits them? So my answer to your question.... no it would not be cool!

            That's why refreshening is needed, not tearing out of old attractions to put in spin'n'puke rides
            My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

            Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Horizons 2.0?

              people who say no to this, just know it would be different.. realy, It's just the idea of seeing the future and choosing your own. And yeah, i'm 14, and I might of just seen a video of it online, but all I would want to see would be something like it, meaning that I don't want to resurect every scene from some warehouse ,bring it to Disneyland, and put it back together,.. cause that would be a step backward. All I ask for is a ride that is actualy futuristic in Tomorrowland- jeesh

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Horizons 2.0?

                Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                I'm in. Horizons was one of my all-time favorite attractions and since it really was a sequel to the Carousel of Progress (which has been missing from DL for a while), it would be fitting to have an attraction that is edu-tainment again in Tomorrowland. Innoventions, I suppose, is there to serve as that edu-tainment component of TL, but it's not actually entertaining.

                I'm not up for getting rid of Pizza Port, though. Not only do I like it, but I also don't want one less choice of somewhere to eat in the park -- especially one that doesn't feature burgers!
                oh, sorry.. I forgot to mention that in my idea Pizza port could be moved to the vaccant upstairs of the Starcade, I too enjoy Pizza Port

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X