This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something came in the mail.... [YOMD Mail-in Prizes]

So I went to get todays mail and in it were two boxes from Disney waiting for me. I opened them up and in each was a set of the 2008 Dream Ears! So glad I won a pair of the 2007 Ears in the park a few months ago as the 07 one are much much nicer than the 08 ones. When put next to the 07 ones they look so cheap. I was amused cause while I followed Darkbeer's guide for the 07 mail-in entries I hadn't started doing it for the 08 entries yet. When I get back hom on sat I'll take a pic of the two side-by-side for you to judge.

You'd think that since I won an 07 entry I would get the 07 ears... guess not.

So just curious, what is the biggest prize anyone has heard of being won via the mail in entries?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-17-2008, 06:34 PM.

Re: Something came in the mail....

Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
    So I went to get todays mail and in it were two boxes from Disney waiting for me. I opened them up and in each was a set of the 2008 Dream Ears! So glad I won a pair of the 2007 Ears in the park a few months ago as the 07 one are much much nicer than the 08 ones. When put next to the 07 ones they look so cheap. I was amused cause while I followed Darkbeer's guide for the 07 mail-in entries I hadn't started doing it for the 08 entries yet. When I get back hom on sat I'll take a pic of the two side-by-side for you to judge.

You'd think that since I won an 07 entry I would get the 07 ears... guess not.

So just curious, what is the biggest prize anyone has heard of being won via the mail in entries?
    That's funny, we recieved three in the mail today. And yes I will agree the 08 ones look cheap compared to last years. Wife got one and both the kids, but I didn't rate. We too won one set of ears via mail last year and 4 from in the park. We also won about $500 in merchandise in a bigger package via mail. Here is a link to Darkbeer's thread where you can see the details.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...t-37937p3.html
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Re: Something came in the mail.... [YOMD Mail-in Prize]

Oh, and the other thing that I found interesting was that the other times that we won via mail in, we had to go to the post office and sign for them. This time there were just left at the front door. I figured you had to sign for them so that Disney could prove that they had actually given them away.
      Last edited by NeverNeverland; 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM.
      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Re: Something came in the mail.... (y

I received an ear hat today as well! Yahoo! I did not have to sign for anything either. I was surprised. I think I like last years clouds best. But, I was very excited to win. Congrats everyone!!! :-) :yea:

Comment

Where do you do the mail entries? Does anyone have a link?

Comment

...and is the contest still going, and can we still send in post cards?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
              Where do you do the mail entries? Does anyone have a link?

Here ya go...
              http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...wayRules08Page

Comment

I just scanned the new rules page, and it appears there is no restriction on size of postcard anymore. Hooray for not having to cut off that extra inch from the USPS postcards

Comment

thats cool, congrats on your ears...hooray for free stuff
                  You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

You can find the step by step instruction on how to enter the 2008 version by mail here...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/blog.php?b=146
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I want to win $500, I just started doing my postcards earlier this week. I hope that I win something because I have never won anything in the park.

Comment

Another package arrived in the mail today! This time it was the pin and lanyard set. Wow, after having not winning a thing for almost 7 months, now I'm winning like gangbusters!

Comment

I never even tried in 2007, but, now that everyone is getting stuff...I want a piece of the action! ha! Must get postcards at the post office!

Comment

Well, now I'm feeling left out! I send in my postcards each day and haven't won anything for at least 6 months. (Boy, does that sound WHINY!!!) The Boy Wonder and I each won DL lanyards and pins, but we wanted the 2007 ears to go with them.

I guess we're out of luck now.

*sniff*

Comment

Im not eligible

parents and brother work for Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X