Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

AP Breakdown

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AP Breakdown

    I think this has probably been discussed several times...but it's something we were discussing here at home, and so I thought I'd post it regardless if it's been a thread topic in the past.

    My son is 15 months old. Not in need of an AP quite yet. But when he's 3, he'll need one. And since my wife and I have Premium AP's, my son will probably get the same.....but here's the thing:

    1. Why don't they have AP's for kids 3-9 or 11 (whatever the cut off age is)? I mean, why would my 3 year old son need PARKING on his AP???

    2. They have daily ticket prices for kids in that age range, so why not have them for AP's?

    Again, I know that this topic is more than likely been discussed, but I am resurrecting it.

    What are your thoughts?

  • #2
    Re: AP Breakdown

    I've never thought about it or cared. My child gets the same pass I've had for years now and she does not drive either, but if she goes with people who drive they can park for free. My entire family has PAP's and when we go as one group we certainly don't need all 4 parking passes on them.

    As far as having child ap's...I'm glad they don't. It my cause even more people to buy them. The [park is already crowded enough on weekends when the SO. Cal. passes can get it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: AP Breakdown

      I have friends who elected to put the parking pass on their child's AP, so that either mom or dad or grandma could be the driver, and they wouldn't have to worry about which adult was available to go.

      For example, I always have a premium pass, and my husband and son usually get deluxe, with no parking. So if they want to go without me, they have to pay for parking. And they don't want to do that, so they are stuck to wait for me. They are less inclined to go alone, but it makes it hard if they want to come meet me or something, or we are coming in 2 cars, or whatever.
      A signature should go here.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: AP Breakdown

        Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
        I think this has probably been discussed several times...but it's something we were discussing here at home, and so I thought I'd post it regardless if it's been a thread topic in the past.

        My son is 15 months old. Not in need of an AP quite yet. But when he's 3, he'll need one. And since my wife and I have Premium AP's, my son will probably get the same.....but here's the thing:

        1. Why don't they have AP's for kids 3-9 or 11 (whatever the cut off age is)? I mean, why would my 3 year old son need PARKING on his AP???

        2. They have daily ticket prices for kids in that age range, so why not have them for AP's?

        Again, I know that this topic is more than likely been discussed, but I am resurrecting it.

        What are your thoughts?
        I have a 15 month old daughter, we should get the two of them together at DL!!!
        R.I.P.


        sigpic


        January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

        May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

        (FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: AP Breakdown

          Originally posted by Maddies Mommy View Post
          I have a 15 month old daughter, we should get the two of them together at DL!!!
          HA Right on - that's my boy in the avatar! Good match?? HA

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: AP Breakdown

            Some parks do offer a Child's AP/SP at a reduced price.

            Disney made a business decision, and I doubt they will change it, since the program is very popular currently.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: AP Breakdown

              Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
              Some parks do offer a Child's AP/SP at a reduced price.

              Disney made a business decision, and I doubt they will change it, since the program is very popular currently.
              I didn't think they'd change it on my account, but it's still something that I thought might get people to talk here.

              Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: AP Breakdown

                Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                Some parks do offer a Child's AP/SP at a reduced price.

                Disney made a business decision, and I doubt they will change it, since the program is very popular currently.
                What's interesting is that the Tokyo Disney Resort offers Annual Passports at a reduced rate (about 33%) for children ages 4-11. Children age 3 and under can visit the parks for free.
                ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: AP Breakdown

                  Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                  What's interesting is that the Tokyo Disney Resort offers Annual Passports at a reduced rate (about 33%) for children ages 4-11. Children age 3 and under can visit the parks for free.
                  That's cool to know. This is what I'm talking about. If they can have this silly "Disney Parks" thing - to incorporate all the Disney properties and the 'universal magic', why can't they do something like this in regard to AP's?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: AP Breakdown

                    Disneyland already doesn't charge enough for APs, IMO. Regardless of the age (or cuteness) of a child, any reduction of the already low price would be foolish on Disney's part, (but not as foolish as unregulated AP sales, IMO ).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: AP Breakdown

                      Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                      That's cool to know. This is what I'm talking about. If they can have this silly "Disney Parks" thing - to incorporate all the Disney properties and the 'universal magic', why can't they do something like this in regard to AP's?
                      I would think other than the whole separate business aspect of it, the APs can't be priced in accordance with other parks as each resort has something different to offer. For example, Walt Disney World APs are more expensive than DL Aps which makes sense because there are more parks and different options such as the water parks addition. It would be incredibly complicated to make pricing systems the same. As for charging less for children, I guess the answer is why would a business charge less for something when they don't need to and are selling the product well at the current price?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: AP Breakdown

                        Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        I think this has probably been discussed several times...but it's something we were discussing here at home, and so I thought I'd post it regardless if it's been a thread topic in the past.

                        My son is 15 months old. Not in need of an AP quite yet. But when he's 3, he'll need one. And since my wife and I have Premium AP's, my son will probably get the same.....but here's the thing:

                        1. Why don't they have AP's for kids 3-9 or 11 (whatever the cut off age is)? I mean, why would my 3 year old son need PARKING on his AP???

                        2. They have daily ticket prices for kids in that age range, so why not have them for AP's?

                        Again, I know that this topic is more than likely been discussed, but I am resurrecting it.

                        What are your thoughts?

                        after next year they are cnceling the ap so u dont have to worry

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: AP Breakdown

                          I think DLR Ap's are priced just right. I paid 350 for a premium Ap for my son for DLR. Our Fl annual passes were 335 last year and we don't get any kinds of discounts except free parking. I can't remember if we have ap rates for kids or if they are the same as adults as I never bought an ap for a child. we used to buy 6 day passes and go a few times a year back when the passes never expired, but when they added costs to make them not expire, it was cheaper to buy an annual pass.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: AP Breakdown

                            Originally posted by billybob View Post
                            after next year they are cnceling the ap so u dont have to worry
                            Hmmm...thanks for the reliable info

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X