Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

    When you consider the popularity of the Gumball Rally, and the size of some of the Micechat Meets, it prompts the question "What effect does MiceChat have on Disneyland/DCA attendance?". I realize that the AP population is a small percentage of the overall gate numbers, and that Micechat is a sliver of the AP attendance but still. You are talking about an organized group of AP's who coordinate specific meetups. Some of the meetups are small but others, like Gumball, draw in much larger numbers. Disneyland may not be as noticeable, but DCA probably would be. You could also digress into the question of Micechat influencing others to visit (soft opening rumors, or news of closures etc.) but I am specifically targeting Micechat members, not casual visitors. I open the floor.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

    sigpic

    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  • #2
    Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

    I think the difference is negligible. In the hundredths or thousandths of a percentage.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

      Originally posted by techskip View Post
      When you consider the popularity of the Gumball Rally, and the size of some of the Micechat Meets, it prompts the question "What effect does MiceChat have on Disneyland/DCA attendance?". I realize that the AP population is a small percentage of the overall gate numbers, and that Micechat is a sliver of the AP attendance but still. You are talking about an organized group of AP's who coordinate specific meetups. Some of the meetups are small but others, like Gumball, draw in much larger numbers. Disneyland may not be as noticeable, but DCA probably would be. You could also digress into the question of Micechat influencing others to visit (soft opening rumors, or news of closures etc.) but I am specifically targeting Micechat members, not casual visitors. I open the floor.
      Umm, get over yourselves.

      Other than perhaps a measurable effect on the complaint level, it's completely unnoticeable, a mere pittance of the population.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

        Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
        Umm, get over yourselves.

        Other than perhaps a measurable effect on the complaint level, it's completely unnoticeable, a mere pittance of the population.
        It was a curiosity, like I said it would be considered a sliver of the AP population which in itself is a small share of the overall. I'm actually curious how much of an impact the AP population has on the off season numbers, which would be the most noticeable effect. Other then that nice to hear from you JYD, your bright inspiring comments of inspiration area always a delight to read.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

        sigpic

        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

          Not to totally belittle Micechat, but I think the attendance boost directly caused by Micechat is slight. In my case, Micechat informed me the park was maintained again and brought me back more quickly. The park actually being maintained was responsible for my increased attendance and my restarting my AP.

          That said, I think Micechat has a far greater effect on attendance than the current Dreams marketing campaign.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

            Originally posted by techskip View Post
            It was a curiosity, like I said it would be considered a sliver of the AP population which in itself is a small share of the overall. I'm actually curious how much of an impact the AP population has on the off season numbers, which would be the most noticeable effect. Other then that nice to hear from you JYD, your bright inspiring comments of inspiration area always a delight to read.
            It's a gift, or a grift, or something like that.

            We aim to appease.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

              While I noticed a ton of MCers around the park yesterday with their Rally gear on, neither park seemed to be any busier than usual. In fact, it was one of the smallest attendance days I've ever been on (granted, the sample size is relatively low). Compared with last weekend's holiday/NAMM convention, which was like going at Christmas last Sunday, I noticed no real bump in the attendance.
              -SilentDante
              eliselzer.blogspot.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                A small drop in a very large bucket especially when you consider that there are probably many of us that post here but it really doesn't affect my overall attendance one bit. If I ever decide to go for a meet or an event, it would be another day that I didn't go.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                  Originally posted by Lore View Post
                  I think Micechat has a far greater effect on attendance than the current Dreams marketing campaign.
                  Y-you mean the cloud banners over the bag check tents aren't working?


                  [Photo by the one and only Darkbeer.]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                    Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
                    While I noticed a ton of MCers around the park yesterday with their Rally gear on, neither park seemed to be any busier than usual. In fact, it was one of the smallest attendance days I've ever been on (granted, the sample size is relatively low). Compared with last weekend's holiday/NAMM convention, which was like going at Christmas last Sunday, I noticed no real bump in the attendance.
                    Gumball is similar in a way to Bats Day, or Red Shirt Day, in the sense that it is a great deal more then the average meet... and usually you can tell who is participating... which prompted the question to begin with. On a side note... NAMM was fun!
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                    sigpic

                    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                      double post sorry
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                      sigpic

                      "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                        Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        When you consider the popularity of the Gumball Rally, and the size of some of the Micechat Meets, it prompts the question "What effect does MiceChat have on Disneyland/DCA attendance?"
                        Knowing y'all are there, sure keeps me away.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                          Hmm, having the ability to meet some new people was part of the reason I went to Disneyland alone last year. So, add one person to Disneyland's attendance in 2007, courtesy of Micechat.
                          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The effects of Micechat on Disneyland and DCA attendance

                            Not total attendance, but I'd bet that during the Rally, 'Golden Dreams' and the 'Golden Vine Winery' reported MUCH higher numbers than they would have otherwise that day. Otherwise, the largest meets so far max out at around 250 members.
                            Figure during a gloomy off-season weekday (not a saturday) DCA attendance can dip down to like 5K, I think- so if the Rally or Anniversary meet happen then, it could skew the actual attendance by a maximum of 5% which is still well within the margin or error for projections- meaning, the meets are not near large enough yet to make a difference on total park attendance.
                            "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X