This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar at Carnation Cafe

I was hoping to make a reservation for Breakfast at the Carnation Cafe for an upcoming weekend trip to Disneyland. I know that Oscar, the longest employed CM, works there and that some people have had the opportunity to meet him.

I was wondering if anyone knew what days he works, and what are my chances of getting to meet Oscar?

Re: Oscar at Carnation Cafe

I met him in September and he is the sweetest man! He took probably 20-25 minutes to sit and chat with me. I hear he's retiring soon too, so, maybe someone here will have a better idea than me. I hope you get to meet him!

Comment

Oscar has been taking more time off lately so it might be hit or miss. He is retiring in March though. You best bet is checking out on a weekday. Not only is it slower, better chance to meet him.

Comment

We met him in September too. It was on a Wednesday. He was the nicest man! Funny because I am the Disney nut but after I told my DH about him he was the one who did most of the talking to him! Wish I had rememebered to take some picture! Looks like it was probably my only chance.

Good luck catching him there.
        Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
        Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
        http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
        November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Comment

Here he is! Don't forget to ask for his recipe for the loaded baked potato soup! It's to die for.

Comment

Well, I guess my best bet is to go and just ask if he's working, and hope I get lucky! Since he's retiring I really hope that I get a chance to meet him!

Comment

We should have a MiceChat party for Oscar!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
                Well, I guess my best bet is to go and just ask if he's working, and hope I get lucky! Since he's retiring I really hope that I get a chance to meet him!
                That's what I did. I happened to be alone at the park that day, so, I asked for him and he came out and sat with me and chatted. He told me stories of when Walt would be at the park when he was working, and also that his wife has cancer. He is a really special man. Give it a whirl. He's a legend around DL! Good luck...hope you get to meet him and you can post YOUR photo with him.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                  Here he is! Don't forget to ask for his recipe for the loaded baked potato soup! It's to die for.

Very cool Photo! Got a chance to ride the Submarines with Oscar and a fellow worker on his day off. Really a great guy, very genuine when meeting him.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X