Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know the answer to this question about the photographers at the park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know the answer to this question about the photographers at the park?

On my recent trips to both Disney World and Disneyland, I had my picture taken by the photographers in the park. I purchased some of the Disneyland photos, but passed on the Disney World ones. I think they are a little bit pricey. They do a good job, but I would rather spend my money on other things. It is perhaps a good thing for the lone traveler, who can't take pictures of themselves, and want a special shot.

My question. Does anyone know how these photographers are paid? Is it an hourly salary? Is it commission? I am just curious. Just wondering.

Thanks to anyone, who may know this answer.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Does anyone know the answer to this question about the photographers at the park?

I think they are just hourly. We happened to make friends with one of them a while back, a week before the POTC movie premiere, and he was telling us that we could probably stay in the park and see the movie somehow. We talked to him for a good half hour, and he didn't take any other pictures, so I don't think they are on commision.
    sigpic
    Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Re: Does anyone know the answer to this question about the photographers at the park?

You came to the right forum, Barbaraann. I just happened to work as a photographer at Disneyland before I became a CM.

The roving photographers in the resorts are employees of Event Imaging Services, or EIS. This company is a subsidiary-of-sorts of Kodak, and specializes in photography in Theme Parks and the like.

Starting pay for an atmosphere photographer is around $7.75 in California, and increases when you are promoted to a Runner, Breaker, Character Photographer, etc. The pay is not a system of commission, but rather hourly + incentive (everyone will get extra pay for a good week, depending on how well they did as a whole).
      Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

As usual MiceChatters do not let me down. I ask a question, and I usually have an answer within the hour. Thanks for the answer. As I stated, I was just curious. Seems like a pretty interesting job. Now if I was younger, and/or looking for employment, and/or lived near a theme park and/or knew how to drive, to get to one, I might apply. Too many if, ands, or buts. Actually, I was just curious.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Last edited by Michelle; 10-03-2005, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I've applied to be a photographer and that's exactly how I was told I'd be paid if I was hired. Here's to hoping I'll be taking your pictures soon!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X