Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland: Friend or Foe

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneyland: Friend or Foe

    It has come to my attention that not all Disneyland folks are created equal. There are some who the park couldn't exist without and some who seem hellbent on destroying what's left of the park's integrity. In order to root out the good from the bad, I've decided to compile a list of who's a "Friend" and who's a "Foe" to the integrity of Disneyland. Here goes...


    ----------


    Walt Disney - Friend

    Michael Eisner - Foe

    Paul Pressler - Foe

    Cynthia Harriss - Wait for me, Paul!

    Ed Grier - Ed WHO?

    Marty Sklar - Depends, what day is it?

    WDI - I've never heard of this "friend or foe" thing, is it in a Pixar film?

    TDA - I'll have to crunch some numbers, I'll get back to you.

    Jay Rasulo - I'm not familiar with this "friend or foe" stuff but I'm sure I can market the hell out of it. I'll put my people on it right away!

    Bob Iger - Well, I'll have to wait and see on this...friend, maybe foe, I'm just not sure

    PUSH - Friends need a hug

    CM Matt - "The voicemail you are trying to reach has been temporarily disconnected, please try again later."

    Al Lutz - Disneyland Hero

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

    Just enough Guests - Friend

    Too Many Guests - Foe

    Micechatters - Mousophrenic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

      It's human nature to label things as "good" and "bad," but it is plain silly and immature to do that with people. All of the DL names mentioned in the OP have done both honorable and deplorable things to the park - just to widely varying degrees.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

        Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
        It's human nature to label things as "good" and "bad," but it is plain silly and immature to do that with people. All of the DL names mentioned in the OP have done both honorable and deplorable things to the park - just to widely varying degrees.
        There are exceptions to every rule. Including that one.

        Bad: Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan, and others too numerous to mention.

        Good: Ghandi, Schweitzer and many, many others.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

          Point taken, Jeff.

          But we're not talking about life and death here. It's just Disneyland, after all.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

            Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
            Point taken, Jeff.

            But we're not talking about life and death here. It's just Disneyland, after all.
            Uh oh, I think that you've just spoken a Micechat blasphemy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

              Someone please tell me why Al Lutz is a Disneyland Hero? I'm having a very tough time with this one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                What is the point of this? Of all the pointless threads of late, this is the most pointless.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                  Originally posted by composerboy View Post
                  What is the point of this? Of all the pointless threads of late, this is the most pointless.
                  More pointless than Yet Another Pealing about Peeling Paint ?

                  Each to their own pointedness ...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                    Originally posted by composerboy View Post
                    What is the point of this? Of all the pointless threads of late, this is the most pointless.
                    A pointless thread, yet you still felt compelled to post in it. :roll:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                      Originally posted by Newseditor44 View Post
                      Someone please tell me why Al Lutz is a Disneyland Hero? I'm having a very tough time with this one.

                      In response, DUH! Anyone who could notice the
                      deplorable things that Presler and Eisner did while they
                      were being done is a hero. Many people didn't have the
                      courage to speak out until after Roy spoke out.
                      And by then the damage had already been wrought.
                      Al spoke out as it was happening, the good, the bad
                      and the ugly.

                      Although I would categorize Al as a : DL online hero.
                      So many people were so wimpy, when confronting the
                      Eisner, Pressler, Harriss, after Wells passed away. Most
                      web sites just happily regurgitated the PR schlock that
                      was written for Eisner, to protect his bad decisions, same
                      for the detorating standards that DL was going through.
                      Unfortunately, the Animation department, as well as a
                      couple of Disneyland Guests paid the price, with their
                      lives for the incompetent management of Eisner and Pressler,
                      with the bubbly Cythia in tow.

                      I would add:

                      Roy Disney : Disney Hero

                      Stanley Gold : Disney Hero

                      Eisner : :mob::evil: Evil Egotistical Emperor
                      (worse than just enemy)

                      Paul Pressler: Evil Engineer of Expansion by Building and Maintaining on the Cheap

                      Sen. George Mitchell : Disney Enemy

                      Glen Keane : Disney and DL Friend and hero

                      John Lassetter : Pixar Pal

                      Tony Baxter : Fair Weather Friend, (won't go risking his job)

                      Matt Ouimet : DL Hero

                      Greg Emmer : DL Hero



                      Ath, I generally agree with the categories of the ones you
                      already listed. And it is sad that Iger appears to have lost
                      some of his initial gut instinct moves, from when he first
                      came on board. Hope he doesn't turn, like Eisner did.
                      Last edited by Aladdin; 02-02-2008, 01:57 PM.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                        Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                        There are exceptions to every rule. Including that one.

                        Bad: Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan, and others too numerous to mention.

                        Good: Ghandi, Schweitzer and many, many others.

                        While I don't think it is worth mentioning much about the bad listed, arguments could, and have been made that the actions and ideas of Gandhi and Schweitzer are less than ideal.

                        Many find the theology of Dr. Schweitzer blasphemous and his actions in Africa had plenty of critics inside and outside of Africa. Hundreds of millions of people can be found in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh who are less than thrilled with Mohandas Gandhi and his actions.

                        Perhaps it is best if we realize that no person is truly completely evil or completely good, we are all complex human beings with both faults and good attributes.
                        Originally posted by SummerInFL
                        Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

                        Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                        Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                          I'm with those who say that each person has contributed good and bad in varying degrees. The only specific thing I'll comment on is Tony Baxter--Aladdin, he can't do the park ANY good if he's fired, you know? Baxter has been an enormous source of positive stuff for Disneyland.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                            Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                            Just enough Guests - Friend

                            Too Many Guests - Foe

                            Micechatters - Mousophrenic
                            I'd say too many guests would be the friend and anything less than that would be the foe.

                            I want to see more outstanding attractions and upgrades. I want the park in full swing from open to close every day of the year. The best way to see that happen would be for the parks to be full to capacity daily.

                            I guess I have never understood those that complain about the crowds but profess to love DL.

                            Bring on the crowds!!!!!!

                            dsny1mom

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland: Friend or Foe

                              Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                              While I don't think it is worth mentioning much about the bad listed, arguments could, and have been made that the actions and ideas of Gandhi and Schweitzer are less than ideal.

                              Many find the theology of Dr. Schweitzer blasphemous and his actions in Africa had plenty of critics inside and outside of Africa. Hundreds of millions of people can be found in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh who are less than thrilled with Mohandas Gandhi and his actions.

                              Perhaps it is best if we realize that no person is truly completely evil or completely good, we are all complex human beings with both faults and good attributes.
                              Never said that they were perfect nor that good acts don't have unintended consequences. For example, charity can also breed dependency.

                              Sorry, but I'm not going to spend much time looking for the good in Adolf Hitler. Some evil is self evident and unmitigated.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X