Ponder this one - Disneyland all to yourself?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

Ponder this one - Disneyland all to yourself?

Disneyland has obviously been very crowded lately. It is celebrating it's 50th Anniversary as everyone knows, and more people than usual are bound to show up. Fireworks are drawing people, especially to the hub. If you don't get there early, you miss some of the view. Some people don't mind the crowds. Some people won't go, when they know it will be very crowded. Some actually stayed away on the anniversary weekend for that exact reason.

So ponder this? If you could have Disneyland all to yourself, for one day, would you want to? Say a group of you and your friends were allowed the run of the park for an entire day. Would you enjoy the park the same, crowd free? Or would the experience, just not be the same?
    BarbaraAnn

• Momzilla59
    LoisAlene
    • Mar 2005

Re: Ponder this one - Disneyland all to yourself?

It just wouldn't be the same. It would feel like a bad episode of Scooby Doo - "Gee, Shaggy, why don't you and Velma go check IASM while me and Dafny ride the HM".

That's not to say I like a LOT of crowds, but people watching at Disneyland is part of the total experience for me.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

• Churro
      MiceChatter
      • Jun 2005

I have an extremely large family, so for me it would be heaven. Getting all the character attention and riding rides as many times as we could...awesome! My kids would be so spoiled after that...oh maybe that would not be such a good thing after all, hah. Well at least I could take a picture with out someone walking through it! :yea:

Comment

• Athlonacon
        FastPass n00b
        • Feb 2005

It's incredibly hard to rock the IASM boat with just one person, let alone try to get water inside it. No, I would not want to experience Disneyland by myself.

Comment

• daddyb
          Who's your DaddyB?
          • Jan 2005

Disneyland is SO big... no, it just would be weird. Heck, I could take all my family, friends and even my whole church (it's not a small church) and it'd still be really spooky quiet (especially if DCA were added in the mix too!).

Heck, they could probably have a "micechat only" day, and it'd still uncrowded!

Having people around adds to the atmosphere. HUGE crowds aren't any fun, but having it empty would be too post-apocolyptic for me.... I'd be waiting for the "Thriller" zombies to come dancing out after me.
          ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

• Athlonacon
            FastPass n00b
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by daddyb
            Having people around adds to the atmosphere. HUGE crowds aren't any fun, but having it empty would be too post-apocolyptic for me.... I'd be waiting for the "Thriller" zombies to come dancing out after me.
            This is very true, although huge crowds can dampen the experience, extremely small crowds can dampen the experience too. Anyone who has been to Disneyland when it's practically empty probably knows that average-sized crowds add a certain atmosphere of energy and motion. Without people walking around everywhere, the park can get really boring and not very exciting. Disneyland is a social experience, kind of like going to the movies or eating out, so as long as you can walk around and get on the rides in 45 minutes or less, crowds actually *help* the experience.

Comment

• viewaskewniverse
              Ohhh baboo :(
              • Apr 2005

In January, when we had all that rain, my husband and I went to Disneyland everynight around 7pm. There was NO BODY around. It was freaking awesome.

Strangely enough though...PETER PAN STILL HAD A LINE.

WTFFFFFFFFF.

inch:

Comment

• chadb14
                • Feb 2005

Having a crowd is a big part of the experience for me. I like to people watch almost as much as I like to ride the rides. It just wouldn't be any fun watching my family. I watch them all the time and already know what to expect. It's more fun watching people I don't know.

Comment

• Wotan
                  Senior Minion
                  • Jan 2005

I know I told this story already...but when we were down in May, I accidentally hit the alarm clock wrong the night before, and we wound up in the Esplanade about 45 minutes before anyone else. (Well, we were up, and since we'd already walked that far...). It was us, a couple of security guards, and the flashing traffic cone over at DCA, and the sun and the sound of birds chirping.

At that hour of the morning, Disneyland is an extremely peaceful place. I bet it would be nice to just walk through the park in the morning like that and just enjoy the place and all that it is, and all that is there. Didn't Walt himself ramble around in the mornings? I see why now.

Without people though, it couldn't be anywhere near as much fun. I don't think I'd want to go on any attractions by myself.

Comment

• Casey Jr Fan
                    Comin' down the track
                    • Jul 2005

It would be too creepy by myself. If there were hardly any crowds though, it would be Casey Jr., Mr. Toad, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion over and over and over...

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                      Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Just about every time dontbecheekin and I go to DL, we say "Ok, people, go home now!: :lmao:

but it's nice to have SOME people in the park - adds to the excitement, esp. with little kids around. It's bee too quiet and empty with so few people.
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• melmel
                        CM for 4 years!
                        • Apr 2005

I would like it if it was my family and let's say, 500 other families. Still practically empty, but everyone can have a good time together. That's how company parties used to be.
                        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                        May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

• iheartdisney
                          • May 2005

After I ran around taking perfect shots of everything, (imagine me walking through the castle with no one else around, me strolling down Main Street, you get the picture.) After that was done, I'd be wandering around like Burgess Meredith at the end of "Time Enough at Last" eppy of the Twilight Zone. (i'll have to make sure to bring extra contacts.)
                          I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Comment

• Disneyfreak
                            Banned User
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Athlonacon
                            It's incredibly hard to rock the IASM boat with just one person, let alone try to get water inside it. No, I would not want to experience Disneyland by myself.
                            It is impossible to get water in the boat because the boat would hit the floor before the water came in.

Comment

• aerinpegadrak
                              Basking in birthday love
                              • Jul 2005

I was there at the beginning of July, and we went to New Orleans Square at around 11:30. It was completely deserted. We were in a PotC boat by ourselves, and when we came out of Pirates after the closing announcement had been made, there was literally no one there. It was eerie and kind of disconcerting. I'm not certain I'd like to spend a whole day like that. Though I suppose it might be better if it wasn't at night, which added a whole new level of creepiness to it.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

• Athlonacon
                                FastPass n00b
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by melmel
                                I would like it if it was my family and let's say, 500 other families. Still practically empty, but everyone can have a good time together. That's how company parties used to be.
                                Do they still offer the park to large companies? I remember a while back you could "rent" Disneyland and have the park to yourself and a few thousand other people. If memory serves, I believe Michael Jackson once took this option at one time too.

Comment

• Disneyphile
                                  • Jan 2005

Actually, I don't have this dream with Disneyland, but with the Disney Magic.

I told Frodo Potter that if I ever won the lottery, I'd book the entire Disney Magic and invite all of MiceChat.

It'd be the MiceChat 7-night party boat!

:yea:
                                  [email protected]

Comment

• Athlonacon
                                    FastPass n00b
                                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                                    It is impossible to get water in the boat because the boat would hit the floor before the water came in.
                                    Oh man, that's too bad, I didn't know that actually. At Legoland there's this fairytale boat ride and I rode it back in 2000 around when the park first opened. Anyway, they're these plastic boats and I was bored out of my skull (back then I thought Legoland was like Disneyland) so I started rocking it with my family and we got it rocking pretty good. There are cameras set up ALL around the area so we stopped before the water got in, but I'm pretty sure we could've got some water in it if we hadn't stopped. And by the way, I don't recommend Legoland to anyone over the age of 8, you'll be bored to tears and don't go much beyond Legoland into Carlsbad because the neighboring San Marcos and downtown traffic is horrible. You have to find ways to amuse yourself in Legoland like swaying the boats or being creative with the ride pictures because there is nothing there.

Comment

• Druggas
                                      Hooterville, USA
                                      • Feb 2005

It would be FANTASTIC! Could you arrange it for me please?
                                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• DisneySavor
                                        Minion
                                        • Feb 2005

I'd want some people there, like 10k or so... Then, no horrendous waits, but lotsa movement.

I would also shut off fast pass in a situation like that.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X