This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ist MiceChat Meet Trip Report 1/25-1/29

This is the official Disneyland vacation/MiceChat Meet of disneyhound and junebug!

Friday, January 25th: We left our house at 5:45AM, got to Disneyland about 6:30PM, what a congested travel day. All flights into and out of San Francisco were delayed due to weather. But nonetheless, we got checked into the Tropicanna, dropped our bags in our room and headed for fun! We got our first glimpse of the new Mickey-Tink floral/light display at the main gates, very cool. Headed to New Orleans, POTC, HM and BTMRR. Over to the hub for the fireworks, oohhh...

Saturday, January 26th: DCA Segway tour. What a blast. The tour began with a brief how-to-ride a Segway tutorial, then we signed a waiver, then a bit of training, then we were off for the tour. So much fun! Very cool being in the park before any guests. The CM's asked that we not take any pictures of the back-stage areas or the stuff that is normally not seen when the park is officially open; I was good! Here we are in training.

Lots of trivia and things that the CM's personally like about their favorite rides. CM
    Jerry talked about the Mystic Seer in the TOT attraction. That was our first ride after the tour, so we sought out the Mystic Seer...

Sunday, January 27th: At the rope drop, we headed for Nemo. Already a line! The CM said about 45 minutes, we decided to go on Autopia, one of junebug's favorite rides, even after she got her actual drivers license. I stopped for a picture of the subs, and got lucky as the monorail was passing through.

We headed over to the 10:00AM meet, our first ever MiceChat Meet! Big hello and many thanks to all the chatters that junebug and I spent time talking and riding attractions with!

What a fun group! Usually, it is just the two of us, but the MiceChat group made things really great!!

Monday, January 28th: We went on the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour. Our guide was OK, not as great as previous guides. She seemed nervous, and our tour group was not real chatty, so she seemed unable to fill the void at times. But, we did hear some interesting stories and trivia. We got to go into the lobby of Club 33.

Cool elevator, also this photo of the stairway to heaven, which I hope to climb someday...

Tuesday, January 29th: A short day for us, we have to catch a plane home at 4:00PM, so today we use our EE. We got to the gates about 1/2 hour before EE started. Our goal was to ride Nemo! We headed to Tomorrowland!

When we got to Nemo, we were pleased with our place in line!

We got in the 1st sub of the day! Here is a shot of us inside the Finding Nemo sub for the first time. Been about 40 years since I last rode the Subs!

Cool, underwater, so cool...

We did Space Mountain next, feel the G's!!!

Next we headed over to the rope drop at Adventureland. We rode Indy, then POTC, had our own boat, almost.

We rode BTMRR and wanted to see the Billy's one last time! We walked into the Golden Horseshoe and were greeted by a CM who said we won a dream! We got to sit in Walt's Box for the show! Our first ever Dream!!!

We were so close, and had a new perspective! We could really feel Billy's embarrassment!

We grabbed a Corn Dog on Main Street and bid DL farewell for another year. We stopped to say goodbye to our brick!

And there you have it!!!

Re: Ist MiceChat Meet Trip Report 1/25-1/29

Great trip report! That is probably the best underwater shot on Nemo that I have seen. Glad that you enjoyed your first MiceChat meet too. Don't be a stranger!

Chad

Comment

Thanks for the trip report and the beautiful underwater shot!

Comment

Great pics! Wonderful underwater shot!
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

Great first report and glad you came to the meet.
          sigpic

Comment

I remember you guys! I sat next to you in the Tiki room! Glad you guys joined us for the day and I hope that was the first of many meets for you both! Great pictures, and thanks for sharing them with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Excellent pictures. I envy you!!! Nice to meet you that Sunday!!!

Comment

Hey, I remember meeting you guys on Casey Junior during the Rally. Glad you had a good trip.

And look you can even see me in your picture. You can tell by the yellow happy face bubbles on my left shoulder.

Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

Great pictures! It was nice meeting both of you (I talked to you on the Mark Twain ). Glad you had a good trip and hope you'll come back and visit with us again soon!

Comment

Great trip report! Lovely photos! Looks like you had a blast!

Comment

It was fun meeting with you guys at the meet, great pictures!
                      sigpic

Comment

Great report and pictures - looks like a fun time. I'd love to do that Segway Tour someday. Thanks for sharing.
                        M A S E C A !

Comment

Thanks everybody! And thanks to SummerInFL (moderator) who provided me with a detailed how-to cookbook about inserting photos into my thread, another disneyhound first!

It was fun meeting all the chatters we did and spending the day with the 3rd Anniversary group. It was nice meeting you too, penguinsoda, Dan - Tasmic!, Matt Hamand, Villians Fan, Richard=Fun, and all the other members of this terrific community!

Comment

Great Job Dad!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!!)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X