• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

Disneyland to offer Fireworks during Spring Break

Checking the Disneyland.com site, they have Fireworks scheduled nightly from Friday, March 18th thru Sunday, April 3rd....

But it is interesting to see how it is listed on the Calendar....

New Fireworks Show (TBA)
    My guess, something like Imagine, taking a mix of prerecorded music and placing fireworks to it. I really doubt they would use the new Remember soundtrack, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of the new effects being used for testing.

Should be interesting to see....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com
  • Whatever
    I like Cheese...
    • Jan 2005

You can never have too many fireworks in my opinion.

Comment

• figment1986
      Banned User
      • Jan 2005

Is it possable to have too many... hmmm.... (think sof illuminations, Wishes... and MGM's olde show...) Nope.. you can have more.. wait your in a "city" with "people living near by" they would say you have too many.. so i say... make them bigger and louder!!!

hehe....

Comment

• Darkbeer
        Darkbeer
        • Jan 2005

Watching things getting blown up is always good (when there is no danger to life or limb)... Such as fireworks, and building demolitions.... Amazing how those demos always make the evening news...
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• Whatever
          I like Cheese...
          • Jan 2005

As my ex boss used to say, it's fun until someone loses an eye. Then it's funner!

Comment

• Whatever
            I like Cheese...
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by figment1986
            Is it possable to have too many... hmmm.... (think sof illuminations, Wishes... and MGM's olde show...) Nope.. you can have more.. wait your in a "city" with "people living near by" they would say you have too many.. so i say... make them bigger and louder!!!

hehe....
            especially louder!!!

Comment

• Deogge's Mom
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Whatever
              especially louder!!!

Yes, louder please, I could only hear the loudest of the fireworks at home 10 miles away.

Comment

• FloggingMorgy
                something else...
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by figment1986

hehe....
                THEN they move away, and disney can buy the land and make even MORE stuff HOORAAAAAY
                ...well, here's to wishful thinking
                You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

• AP2CM
                  "Retired" DL Tour Guide
                  • Jan 2005

see, this is just the kind of thing that makes me really appreciate Matt Ouimet. He knows how important having a fireworks show is, so he's having an interim one produced for spring break. I KNOW Cynthia would have never gone to such lengths to keep the dayguests happy.
                  -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                  -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                  --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

• MiceMan
                    That's Hawt
                    • Jan 2005

I am glad guests are happy but I feel bad for all the people living around Disneyland. My family used to live in Garden Grove and we could hear it!
                    Originally posted by drunkmom
                    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

• GeneralShang
                      Defeats the Huns
                      • Feb 2005

If the intention is to appease the guests during Spring Break with a fireworks show, then more power to the management team! But, I think this will be a slapped together fireworks show just to test out the new fireworks for Remember... They can't really "soft open" Remember because it's being so heavily marketed for the 50th, so they need something else to test out the new technology/effects. Let's hope they "slapped" together something nice though! Either way, I'm still looking forward to fireworks!

As for living close to Disneyland and the fireworks... I'm moving down there this May/June -- two blocks away from DCA.. Good thing I don't sleep til late!!

Comment

• swagdaddy
                        Baybeh!
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by FloggingMorgy
                        THEN they move away, and disney can buy the land and make even MORE stuff HOORAAAAAY
                        ...well, here's to wishful thinking
                        If that isn't a plan, I don't know what is! :devil:
                        www.deliciousmayhem.net
                        www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

• Whatever
                          I like Cheese...
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by MiceMan
                          I am glad guests are happy but I feel bad for all the people living around Disneyland. My family used to live in Garden Grove and we could hear it!
                          My wife used to live right behind the Convention Center and they (fireworks) never bothered them or the neighbors, at least I've never heard any complaints from her family. People who live in the vicinity of DL know, or shold know by now that Anaheim is a "company town." It's no different, really, then living close to a train track or a fire station. This has been going on for quite some time, and it's not like the majority of folks that live there didn't know DL was there when they moved in...

Comment

• xfkirsten
                            I Hug My Tapirs
                            • Jan 2005

Well, according to disneyland.com, it's Imagine!

I, for one, loved that show, although I feel like I'm in the minority on that one.
                            "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                              loves a silver lining
                              • Jan 2005

I miss believe

But it's good to know that they are having some sort of fireworks for Spring Break!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• MasterGracey
                                Dateline Disneylander
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Whatever
                                My wife used to live right behind the Convention Center and they (fireworks) never bothered them or the neighbors, at least I've never heard any complaints from her family. People who live in the vicinity of DL know, or shold know by now that Anaheim is a "company town." It's no different, really, then living close to a train track or a fire station. This has been going on for quite some time, and it's not like the majority of folks that live there didn't know DL was there when they moved in...
                                I agree. I dont understand people's protest about the noise the fireworks make. The train track runs right behind my house and a couple trains pass by nightly. I have lived here my whole life and never woken up from the trains. People who just move into the neighborhood adjust very quickly and nobody ever complains (at least to my knowledge). So I don't understand how the noise of nearby fireworks in Anaheim.. fireworks that are SO routine, are bugging Disneylands neighbors...

I can understand the complaint about pollution... but really... Its not like the air is very clean in big cities anyways...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• GeneralShang
                                  Defeats the Huns
                                  • Feb 2005

oooh. thanks for the heads up on the fireworks being IMAGINE. I actually am glad that it's back because I didn't get to see it that many times before it went away. And it just makes sense to put Imagine out again - why spend extra money for a new soundtrack when you already created one that only showed for less than a year? This definitely adds to the conjecture that these fireworks are for TESTING the new firework effects. I'm gonna try and make it down there to watch it as much as possible!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X