Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

OK TDA, it's time to send someone out to clean Space Mountain!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK TDA, it's time to send someone out to clean Space Mountain!

What I don't understand is how some of our managers can walk by Space and then pat themselves on the back for a job well done running the park!
    Class of 2005...

Comment

Space Mountain, Carrousel... ridiculous marketing programs...
      beginning to sound like

Pressler Era II
      ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        Truncated elliptical conic section. Yes, your geek is showing, but so is mine, and my geek is bigger than your geek.
        This is going nowhere good. lol

I agree, bad show is bad show. And this is REALLY bad show in plain view of tens of thousands of people AND Harbor Blvd. Custodial really does need some extra love.

I wish I lived half as close as those that get to go often enough to notice this.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreetcm View Post
          What I don't understand is how some of our managers can walk by Space and then pat themselves on the back for a job well done running the park!
          It's done with a special "third hand" that grows between the shoulder blades.

And you thought it was just bad posture.
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
            Some alternative solutions:

Hand out official Mickey Toothbrushes to cleanliness freaks and offer to let them be a part of the "Cleanup Crew for a Day". Custodial really doesn't get enough love ...

i would gladly join that cleanup crew to work on space if that meant them flying me down there.. lol.. and i don't even ride space mountain! (too scared. even though i've sworn to do it one of these days for wrestling reasons)

i think it just looks bad to have one of your iconic rides (that people spot from a ways away) looking dirty. i can understand if it's hard for them to get people up there. but southern cali's known for decent weather. they could easily get people up there at night and wipe it off. hell, if they need to do it while the park's still open.. go ahead. i know people that would love to watch that.

Currently obsessed with Grumpy Cat, pro wrestling, and Disney.
            Been to Disneyland more times then I can count...
            Lover of Dole Whips and Bengal BBQ
            Massive wrestling fan.. have Undertaker & Edge's logos tattooed on my shoulders

Comment

What did Walt say about keeping it clean.

".........Give the people everything you can give them. Keep the place as clean as you can keep it. Keep it friendly, you know..............."
              -Walt Disney

Source the Quotable Walt Disney
              Disney Editions;

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreetcm View Post
                They take solace in their paychecks

Comment

Maybe we should all pop into City Hall and offer to donate 5 or 10 bucks to help pay for the cleaning and re-painting of Space. Figure after enough of us go in to do that they might get the clue?

Comment

I was serious...if there were a fund to do that, I'd contribute. The cleaning needs to happen. From the photos I've seen, the exterior has gotten even worse since the last time I was there, a couple months ago.

Comment

Doesn't it look like it was just done in primer only and no top coat? I mean, the white is so thin for gunk to be showing through like that...or is it all dirt lying on the surface of the paint?
                      Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                        Doesn't it look like it was just done in primer only and no top coat? I mean, the white is so thin for gunk to be showing through like that...or is it all dirt lying on the surface of the paint?
                        I'm going to have to say both...and those I know who still work at the park have told me that there is so much maintenance work that is being done / needs to be done inside space mountain that the paint job is their last priority.

Comment

From what I've been told it isn't painted. It is a plastic material that is white all the way through the material. The majority of the surface is covered in this material while the section on top is painted, as we all could see while it was being done. This same thing happened last year as well.

Whatever is on it is beyond me. It looks like some sort of water stain that needs to be power washed off.

Comment

Donate money? As if they don't get enough of my money! No way.

It'll get cleaned after the Year of a Million Dreams, probably. I mean, what's dreamy about cleaning?

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                              I'm going to have to say both...and those I know who still work at the park have told me that there is so much maintenance work that is being done / needs to be done inside space mountain that the paint job is their last priority.
                              I wouldn't be surprised if much of this stuff is left over ash from the fires back in October. If you let the dust, etc pile up like that, and it rains....that's pretty much what you're going to get.

But I can't imagine that it would be too easy to get that sprayer up on the Mountain.

Comment

The part I can't figure out is why it looks so streaky. Look closely--you'll see that they're very much like skidmarks. Actually, they almost look like they're dark drippings from single points scattered all over the surface. Weird.

Just for reference, here's how the Tomorrowland side looked last July. The streaks were there, but they were so faint that they weren't going to annoy anyone. I certainly didn't notice.

By December, the grime looked like this. Notice the lovely buckling happening, too.

I hadn't heard about this problem prior to going, but I sure as heck noticed it when I went and it bugged me. And it's gotten worse since then, if you look at the photos others have posted.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X