This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey & Friends!

I was wondering if anyone has parking strategies or tips to minimize the walk over to the tram? I've always wanted to park in the Chippendale/Pinocchio area, but never can. Sometimes I see Disney parking waving off random people to the left (maybe to exit?) towards the 1st level parking?

Usually if Disney Parking is only single stacking cars, I'll wander closer, does anyone else do this?

Re: Mickey & Friends!

All you can do is ask. There is no secret trick other than asking politely. If you have some some of disability and can't walk long distances I'm sure they will accomidate.

Good luck.

Chad

Comment

Either: 1)Get there super early, 2)Have a handicapped placard, or 3)Ask the parking booth CM if you can park in Chip & Dale or Pinocchio. I've done #'s 1 and 3, and have had success a few times with #3. No problem parking first level, or outside if you get there early.

This is, of course, based off my own experience.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
        All you can do is ask. There is no secret trick other than asking politely. If you have some some of disability and can't walk long distances I'm sure they will accomidate.

Good luck.

Chad
        What you're seeing when this hsppens is people being routed to the handicapped parking spaces.

Fisrt off the parking structure sucks in all aspects. My two favorite lots are Timon and Pumbaa. You can't take the tram from Pumbaa but the walk from there to the front gate is the same distance as the furthest point in the structure to the tram. The walk to the tram in Timon is not that bad and parking in Timon gets you to the front gate a lot faster than the structure even if you walk the entire distance.

Comment

I always ask if I can park in Pinocchio or Chip N Dale. Many times I was allowed in Pinocchio but lately I have been told it is for over sized vehicles only. Also being allowed to park in Chip N Dale is hit or miss. Sometimes it is a yes and other times no because they are making it all for handicap. I also think it is sometimes how the parking attendant is feeling that day.

The other day I got there around 2:15 and asked if it was possible to park in Pinocchio. No. So then I asked about Chip N Dale. "If you know the magic word" was the response and so I said "please" in my sweetest, sugary voice and was allowed over there. Granted I always ask nicely but the way he said this made me feel like a little kid being chastised for not saying please. Oh, well.
          sigpic

Comment

We usually get Pinocchio by arriving early and entering through the booths off Magic Way instead of under the structure, although to be honest, sepending on where you park in Pinocchio, there are better spots in the structure.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Great, thanks for the tips!

Chippendale is the lot on the 1st level and Pinnochio is outside when you pass the roundabout in the tram right?

How do you get in through Magic Way?

I have a Premium pass so I never pay, but I just want to find the best way to park. I know that if you park well in the M&F lot, there's usually less than 100 feet between you and the escalators. =D

Comment

Originally posted by aznshrek88 View Post
                Chippendale is the lot on the 1st level
                I hope we are talking about the same place.

:lol:

Comment

Oops Chad. I didn't mean to quote you. I don't know how that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                    We usually get Pinocchio by arriving early and entering through the booths off Magic Way instead of under the structure, although to be honest, sepending on where you park in Pinocchio, there are better spots in the structure.
                    I've mentioned this a couple of times now, but I'm not sure if everyone knows about it yet. The alternate entrance is THE way to get into Mickey & Friends, but it is only open, as far as I know, on weekends and Holiday/Summer periods. I've spent at LEAST a half hour waiting in the main line into Mickey and Friends, which is usually understaffed. Such a pain when you get there early and the first thing you do is wait in a huge line because not enough lanes are open.

The alternate entrance, off of the entrance to DTD (Magic Way), is amazing. I think in the 12 or so times that we have used it, we have waited a grand total of 30 seconds. Usually, there are only one or two cars in front of us, and several times there have been NO cars! The last time we tried this, we were through the gate and parked in Pinocchio before you could say Bob's Your Uncle.

So...I hate to keep bringing this up, because I know it will mean longer lines if people find out about it, but I just feel so darn guilty....

Comment

One good rule of thumb once you pass the attendant and start heading up the ramp to your parking level - try to get into the RIGHT lane (if you are on the left). In my experience this gets you to the first half of the parking structure 90% of the time.

If you've noticed the structure is divided in two, and I label the first half the one closest to the escalator/elevators. When you go through on the right side going up the ramp they most times divert those cars to the first half, and the cars in the left lane are sent to the second half. Using this strategy I've always ended up parking very close to the escalators on most of my visits, very rarely do I park on the second half of the structure.

Also, if the other levels have the escalator backed up with folks trying to get down to the tram you can always take the stairs down to the Daisy level. Daisy has it's own escalator and when the other levels are filling up this one doesn't have much traffic going through it.

Looking at this thread I think I'm in the minority when I say that I like the parking structure!

Comment

Thanks Mac Daddy, I'll try the hidden entrance next time I go =D

Comment

I'd say get there when they open, around 7:30ish.

Comment

I have a handicap placard in my vehicle, and I am waved to the left in the Mickey & Friends structure. It takes you toward the front, on the bottom level, to handicap parking. And, you have to get there pretty early not to still walk a fair distance.

Comment

Remember, on that side entrance off of Magic Way that it is not always open. Usually only during busy times and then sometimes it is not open. There have been a couple of times, busy times, when I thought for sure it would be open - but it wasn't and then I had to go out and come all the way around to Ball and back to Disneyland Way and then sit and wait to get into the structure.

Thanks for the tip Liz regarding staying to the right. Most times I stay on the left and end up in the second half. Now I know why!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X