This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Mark Twain story

I don't know if this has been ever posted before .. but I'm sure someone didn't know about it.....http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635154764,00.html
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Re: Interesting Mark Twain story

*snicker*

That's classic. I love it.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

reminds me of the "full 45" stories of Jungle!
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

u put 45 into a boat there my god hate to be in that boat lol
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
          u put 45 into a boat there my god hate to be in that boat lol
          Per the O.G. it states max occupancy "approx 45" so a full boat was 45 and a "full 45" was a very full boat... all I am going to say on that subject!

Let's say that some Skips were better at loading then others and leave it at that. There is a certain finesse to getting over 2000 people on the ride in an hour!

sigpic

Comment

im just thinking to myself we fit 40 ppl into a star speeder at star tours and those things are huge lol. Now im thinking 45 on jungle wow hope you have a really good skipper cause that thing aint staying on the tracks
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Great story. thanks Junthor!

Comment

Haha! That's an awesome story, Junthor!
                Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse! :ap:

Comment

Thank you Junthor for find the story and posting it here.

Jungle Cruise
                  45 people now days!!:ceek:
                  Now I know why boat are in Rehab!!!
                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                  Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Tried to get that boat to rehab, it said no, no, no....

Comment

^^^lol!

Comment

Originally posted by DLcastmbr View Post
                        im just thinking to myself we fit 40 ppl into a star speeder at star tours and those things are huge lol. Now im thinking 45 on jungle wow hope you have a really good skipper cause that thing aint staying on the tracks
                        Just PM'd you the details but here is the basic math. 7 to 9 on the center box, and the rest on the sides... including the doorway. It takes a good Front Loader to pull this off, which is the Achilles heal of the new crew. The old crew had a lot of experienced CM's who could load fast and efficiently, new kids leave a lot of gaps and empty spots.

Used to be that the Front and Rear Load would compete with each other. Rear Load has it easy, it's a giant J... all along the outside edge. Frontload has more of a II type... with people behind them, on the box, and in front of the engine. Rear Load used to load as fast as they could, and Front Load either kept up, or did the splits. If you do the splits enough you get really really good at being efficient and fast. Some of the old Front Loaders got to a point that they would start stealing Rear Load's seats.

There was also communication. If you had empty you automatically slid people over and called to the other Loader that they had X extra. If you had over then you called out to have them save you a couple. These days they have enough trouble getting them in the boat within the time frame (in other words not causing a backup just to seat 2 more people), let alone sliding people around to make more room. The last part is the Skip in the boat. If it is a strong Skip who has everyone's attention they can get people to slide, and keep people on the center box. Weaker Skips lead to chaotic boats or as we called it "Festival Seating... sit where you want just remember to place all coolers and lawn chairs on the floor beneath your feet... and tuck small children into the overhead bins above you."

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                        Jungle Cruise ... 45 people now days!!:ceek:
                        In the words of one of my favorite Leads, an old friend, "Not gonna happen!"

On a positive note, the crew is trying. You can't blame them for the lost experience.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
                          ...Now it can be told. Terry O'Brien sank the ship at Disneyland... ..."And I said about 250. And he said, 'Well, better keep it at about 200.' Then I remembered I had the clicker in my pocket. I looked and was shocked to see I'd put 508 people on the boat. I never told anyone until now." But he did make sure it never happened again...
                          :lol: great story!

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                          Tried to get that boat to rehab, it said no, no, no....
                          :lol: Good one Sedi.
                          Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                          DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Well I know a raft sank, I know a keel boat sank (flipped technically) I know a Jungle Boat started to sink... actually know the Skipper who was in it when it happened... and now I hear the Mark Twain had a "moment". So I guess the physical properties of water are not suspended by the magic of Disneyland

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                              Well I know a raft sank, I know a keel boat sank (flipped technically) I know a Jungle Boat started to sink... actually know the Skipper who was in it when it happened... and now I hear the Mark Twain had a "moment". So I guess the physical properties of water are not suspended by the magic of Disneyland
                              There was an unbeliever aboard on each of those occasions. I have proof!
                              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X