This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family visiting SoCal for fun and Mickey

WHAT is the best airfare site to find very cheap flights traveling cross country?

WHICH
    is better?

The SoCal 2fer Special, where we visit each theme park separately in the span of two days for $66.

The SoCal Two-Day Park Hopper Special, where we visit both theme parks simultaneously in the span of two days for $91, the price of a 1 day park hopper.

WHAT are the two best affordable in park restaurants to have lunch and dinner? For example, Taste Pilots Grill for lunch, then French Market for dinner.

WHAT are the best snacks, healthy and unhealthy, to buy and enjoy at both parks?

The family members are coming over as they were suckered by the television commercials touting the YOAMD campaign. Plus, they're tired of Walt Disney World and its lack of new and ORIGINAL attractions.

I told 'em to check out the current Disney's California Adventure before "It Glows Away Forever," er, "Will be on hiatus until 2000," um, "Pirate's Lair at Disney's California Adventure."

Their Rhode Island gardeners suggested the Walt Disney Company use the lackluster park as an outdoor classroom to quickly assimilate new immigrants to the California culture:

Oversized bugs and rodents
    High cost of living
    Real estate boom, and bust

My aunts, uncles, and cousins are excited to see Superstar Limo, BLAST, and Eureka! based on the current brochure their travel agent armed them with.

PLEASE HELP
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Re: Family visiting SoCal for fun and Mickey

Hello?

Comment

Superstar Limo isn't around anymore.
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

For airfare try www.sidestep.com

The socal 2fer is a limited time offer....but it's a good one. Even better is the pay for 3days play for 5 park hopper deal being offered right now.

I find all the park eateries affordable, so I am of no help to you there.

Best snackies of course must include churros, dolewhips and popcorn. Tho' that MONDO turkeyleg looks like it's a good value. I've just never tried it. Scared.
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
          My aunts, uncles, and cousins are excited to see Superstar Limo, BLAST, and Eureka! based on the current brochure their travel agent armed them with.
          Originally posted by Junthor View Post
          Superstar Limo isn't around anymore.
          I think the OP knows this.

Comment

WHAT is the best airfare site to find very cheap flights traveling cross country?

It depends...search around and check specials...Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, I know JetBlue is running a special right now, but they only are based out of Long Beach I think

WHICH
            is better?

It depends on what you want to do, if you want to park hop, then get the park hopper or if you would rather go one day then use the 2fer

WHAT are the two best affordable in park restaurants to have lunch and dinner? For example, Taste Pilots Grill for lunch, then French Market for dinner.

I vote for French Market for Dinner or Plaza Inn, Lunch would be that pizza/pasta place in Tomorrowland

WHAT are the best snacks, healthy and unhealthy, to buy and enjoy at both parks?

1. Dole Whip 2.Churro 3.Chocolate Cake from Golden Horsehoe 4. Turkey Legs 5. any sort of straight alcohol (don't get margaritas)

Comment

I would say go with the more expensive 2-day park hopper. DCA never seems to fill up a whole day of my time, and Disneyland can certainly fill up more than a day of time, especially if you get caught in lengthy lines like Finding Nemo.

I'm not sure about food, but my friends and I usually exited the park and ate at iHop. It's probably not a lot cheaper, but it is nice to get away from the crowds. There's also a McDonalds a little farther down that street, though that isn't the healthiest option.

Comment

1. WHAT is the best airfare site to find very cheap flights traveling cross country?
                2. WHICH is better?
                a) The SoCal 2fer Special, where we visit each theme park separately in the span of two days for $66.
                b) The SoCal Two-Day Park Hopper Special, where we visit both theme parks simultaneously in the span of two days for $91, the price of a 1 day park hopper.
                3. WHAT are the two best affordable in park restaurants to have lunch and dinner? For example, Taste Pilots Grill for lunch, then French Market for dinner.
                4. WHAT are the best snacks, healthy and unhealthy, to buy and enjoy at both parks?
                1. Southwest, from Providence. Might take a little while to get here (change planes in Nashville, perhaps). Tuesdays and Thursdays are cheapest. Plan way ahead, as the deals are only for so many seats.
                2. First one is cheaper. Second one allows for restless trip to DCA to be saved by a hop to DL. $25 might be worth it.
                3. I don't know. Affordable food is usually craptacular. Pasta at Pizza Port is OK. Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn is yummy. Lots of choices in DTD, too.
                4. Meh. Ice cream bars, fruit, frozen chocolate-covered banana, dole whip, churro, pretzel.

Comment

Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
                  For airfare try www.sidestep.com

The socal 2fer is a limited time offer....but it's a good one. Even better is the pay for 3days play for 5 park hopper deal being offered right now.

I find all the park eateries affordable, so I am of no help to you there.

Best snackies of course must include churros, dolewhips and popcorn. Tho' that MONDO turkeyleg looks like it's a good value. I've just never tried it. Scared.
                  I've tried the turkey leg - delicious....and huge and drippy, but delicious!

Comment

Thank you for the genuine and useful replies.

Got worried there for a second when no one could help at first.

:thumbup:

Comment

Put me on the anti-turkey leg list. Save a buck and get the chimichanga.

Comment

Thank you for the genuine and useful replies.

Got worried there for a second when no one could help at first.

:thumbup:
                        Also note that I don't find it that important to plan my day at the DLr. Your Least Coast relatives might be used to that for WDW, but DL just ain't that big.
                        If I'm planning a meal, I'm going very fancy. Otherwise, when the kids are hungry, we eat, or we have decided to remeet (we're a separated family at DL) for lunch at a predetermined time, and figure it out then.
                        you might also want to check out the Golden Horseshoe for lunch. Plan for the first show of Billy and the Hillbillies. That's something you don't see in WDW. In fact, you might plan their days around things not at WDW. Skip Splash, Tough to be a Bug, Muppets, Buzz, Star Tours, BTMRR, um,...... couple of FL attractions, etc., and make sure they see the rest.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X