X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change California to "American" Adventures

Starting with the letters out front ... A M E R I C A N

Then begin to add a rendition of the Statue of Liberty, maybe an Empire state building. The Grizzly River Run could be Colorado with the The Grand Canyon near by. Paradise Pier could encompass some Atlantic seaboard themes. Then Florida could be incorporated into Bugs worlds, Texas, and the Great Lakes. Cuisines from all over. Chicago Pizza, Chinese food, we need good Chinese food at DCA, maybe some Thai food too. Bottom line is they need to Jazz it up. How about an outdoor theater big screen. Or a stage for live performances.

Ok, I'm just spit-balling here.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Change California to "American" Adventures

I don't like it. Bring Walt into the mix. Or just leave it as is.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
      I don't like it. Bring Walt into the mix. Or just leave it as is.
      But that's what Walt had in mind with Disneyland, -bring the world to the people because the people can't afford to travel the world.

That's why the JC, that's why IASW. He had a vision to let Americans "sample" places at his park.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Ugh, no, the theming is already disjointed as it is.
        Bringing Walt into it and creating an idealized simulacra of early 20th century California is the best way for WDI to move forward with the park.

Comment

But Walt said ...

"Actually, if you could see close in my eyes, the American flag is waving in both of them and up my spine is growing this red, white and blue stripe."

I rest my case.

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
            Starting with the letters out front ... A M E R I C A N

Then begin to add a rendition of the Statue of Liberty, maybe an Empire state building. The Grizzly River Run could be Colorado with the The Grand Canyon near by. Paradise Pier could encompass some Atlantic seaboard themes. Then Florida could be incorporated into Bugs worlds, Texas, and the Great Lakes. Cuisines from all over. Chicago Pizza, Chinese food, we need good Chinese food at DCA, maybe some Thai food too. Bottom line is they need to Jazz it up. How about an outdoor theater big screen. Or a stage for live performances.

Ok, I'm just spit-balling here.
            This doesn't include anything from California, and the last time I checked California is a part of America. Why would you change Paradise Pier to an Atlantic Seaboard theme? California does have just as impressive seaboards and is just as much a part of America as is the Altantic Coast. So why just keep Paradise Pier the same?

(For that matter keep HPB. If there is one thing in the current DCA that is "American" it is the HPB.) Why would you want to get rid of California for Florida and Texas theming?

Comment

Disney's America
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                Disney's America
                Isn't there a Great America theme park already? I doubt Disney wants people to confuse that one with a Disney America park.

Comment

One of the reasons DCA failed in the first place is it took me to someplace I'd already been: California. Why would I go to a theme park with a theme of a place I'm already in? This is especially so when a good deal of the visitors to DLR were locals anyway. DCA made little or no sense from the get-go, yet got green-lit anyway.

A Disney park is supposed to take us someplace we haven't been, a mythical, stylized version of a part of our imagination. Disney's America would fail the same way DCA failed. We're already in America so why go to a theme park that is the same? It makes no sense. Now, if they strove to create a stylized version of American in the early 20th century, a simulacrum of an America that never existed except in our glory-view-of-the-past imagination, then that could work.

Comment

Although I agree that the California theming is flawed, I think expanding the scope of it further will only damage it more. I am more of a fan of the direction that it is currently taking--showing us an idealized 'past' rather than our current state, so to speak. Although I would be 'for' a park themed towards "America" in general one day, I do not think DCA would be best for such a place.

And although I would love some authentic and tasty Chinese food at the Disneyland Resort as well, I don't think they could ever compete with the prices of Chinatown, even if they have comparable quality. )

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      This doesn't include anything from California, and the last time I checked California is a part of America. Why would you change Paradise Pier to an Atlantic Seaboard theme? California does have just as impressive seaboards and is just as much a part of America as is the Altantic Coast. So why just keep Paradise Pier the same?

(For that matter keep HPB. If there is one thing in the current DCA that is "American" it is the HPB.) Why would you want to get rid of California for Florida and Texas theming?
                      I think California is GREAT! The Golden gate bridge would stay. Paradise Pier could encompass BOTH coasts.

How about the Hollywood Tower Hotel "California"; with mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice. :whistling

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
                        How about the Hollywood Tower Hotel "California"; with mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice. :whistling
                        Actually, that would be a more accurate representation of a hotel in Hollywood than what they currently have!

Comment

Umm... no...
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

The problem with DCA isn't the theme, it is the excecution. Disney isn't about taking us to real places, it is about taking us to ficticious versions and exagerations. Be it real life California, real life America, or even real life Austrlia or whatever, the end result would be bland. Instead, Disney needs to capatalize on the ideas, feelings, themes, and tales which derrive from their desired theme.

We don't need to see modern day sights and experiences of California, we want to visit the California we can ONLY get through Disney. These new changes will help with that by turning it into California of the 30's, but they could even go further. We have the gold rush, Indian legends of Bigfoot and Sasquatch, legends surrounding locations like the lost city of Mu and Mt Shasta. Classic Hollywood, California Mssions, Zorro, the world of Route 66, aviation.

Yes, some of these things are touched on, but never really explored in current DCA. We see the old mining machine by GRR and have the airstrip theme of Condor Flats, but nothing that embodies the spirit of these ideas.

So they could change DCA to whatever they want, but it won't matter until they begin to do what Disney does best, put us in the middle of amazing stories and adventures.
                            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

MAYBE if it had been initially drawn up this way, it could have worked, but DCA is what it is today. Improving upon what they have there should be the only goal going forward. IMO, it doesn't have to live up to it's name perfectly; it just has to be fun.

Admittedly, it was a bone-headed idea to base a theme park on the state, but all that is just crying over spilled milk at this point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X