Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save the Rainforest - Keep "it's a small world" a classic.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save the Rainforest - Keep "it's a small world" a classic.

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Considering Walt Disney World as a second hand dumping ground is not going to help anything. If anything, theme should be much more rigid as space allows for a more extensive development. Actually, not but a few years ago "it's a small world" at the Magic Kingdom was upgraded and received a new load/unload area based on the facade of Disneyland's attraction. That Walt Disney World, and its love of characters and synergy, sought to more emulate the Disneyland version should say something about Disneyland's attraction.

You're absolutely right. I was just pushing that idea as a alternative to ruining the original. Of course screwing with neither would be the best path to take.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Kind of disgusting to use that slogan.

Disrespectful really... to use the slogan... and be so passionate about a ride at a themepark and not the actual rainforest itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRakerSCM View Post

Disrespectful really... to use the slogan... and be so passionate about a ride at a themepark and not the actual rainforest itself.
        LOL!

There are plenty of sites that focus of saving the real rainforest. Come on dude, MiceChat is about Disney, not brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
          So as far as I can tell, the new room would be okay with your defintion as long as it still supported the theme of IASW... that being one of a united globe.

The main reason to be against it would be taking out the rainforest scene. I can see that. As long as we aren't arguing against it being inherently contrary to the theme.

As far as the Disney characters being added, that comes off as more contrived and I would be against that myself as it doesn't really seem to fit the concept of the ride.

- Anatole
          Good post. I agree. The 'American Room' proposal does not pervert or distort the message, so it's an addition I can live with (My sole reservation being the loss of an original scene to accomodate its inclusion).

Disney characters, however, do not belong, and change the way the message is presented and digested by guests, in addition to altering the original intent, IMO.

Comment

Shows people for what they really are though, not caring about real matters in the world and obsessing over things like a ride.

Are people going to go place flowers in front of it like with POTC?

Comment

Shows people for what they really are though, not caring about real matters in the world and obsessing over things like a ride.

Judge not.

Comment

Remember in order to save the Rainforest you have to advertise your message on the largest paper signs available!
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

You have proof that nobody here cares about the actual rainforest?

I say we have a "Save the rainforest" lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. Two causes, one awesome slogan and, most importantly, food.

Comment

Question: will these new Disney characters look as crappy as the original dolls? Y'know for continuity sakes? 'Cause I mean, I won't be happy if I can't hear the persistent pneumatic clanking of Goofy's giant maw like the chatter of so many children's limited one or two points of articulation...

Also, aren't many if not all of the iconic Disney characters international? Besides Pocahontas, we've got a pretty international selection of characters to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustymuscle View Post
                      Question: will these new Disney characters look as crappy as the original dolls? Y'know for continuity sakes? 'Cause I mean, I won't be happy if I can't hear the persistent pneumatic clanking of Goofy's giant maw like the chatter of so many children's limited one or two points of articulation...
                      ) In the interest of continuity, I think they should be rattle-traps as well.

Comment

Do it, it'd be better than listening to obsessive peeps whine on here.
                        Chat boards are what they are. Frankly if someone came to the Disney Resort board obsessing on what they think is important, I'd direct them elsewhere.

I must admit, you telling us what to worry about is misguided and rude. Perhaps if you come to realize that MiceChat is mainly about people who like Disneyland, you won't have such a flippant attitude about what YOU think should be important to everyone else.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe I should donate that 2 cents to a save the rainforest fund.

Comment

I find it rather ironic that, of all things, it is a rainforest they're destroying. I guess it keeps with the times, unfortunately.

Although I am curious at how the Disney characters will be implemented in Hong Kong's Disneyland, I feel that--as this is the original version of the attraction, among other reasons (i.e. the reasons mentioned in the first post)--it should always remain in its classic state (TLC aside).
                          Last edited by TwilitWings; 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM. Reason: EDIT: Pronoun mess.

Comment

Originally posted by The International View Post
                            For how long? Should we keep these rides exactly the same forever? What constitutes an acceptable change?
                            Acceptable change would be additions/changes that support and enhance the original show, its theme, and any applicable message.

Examples of this would be:
                            - Revised attic in Haunted Mansion
                            - Upgraded Enchanted Tiki Room
                            - Refurbishment, re-theming, and upgrading of Space Mountain
                            - Addition of piranha show scene and in The World Famous Jungle Cruise
                            - Repainting of, and shift in Tomorrowland design and presentation.
                            - Updating Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage
                            - Adding Toy Story Zoetrope and Snow White exhibit to Disney Animation

Do it, it'd be better than listening to obsessive peeps whine on here.
                            Sorry you don't like what I have to hear. Live with it.
                            Do you not see how you contradict yourself? Honestly, nobody forced you to enter and read this thread. If you don't like it, get out and go hug one of those trees we're "disrespecting."

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                              Acceptable change would be additions/changes that support and enhance the original show, its theme, and any applicable message.
                              Well, that's certainly your opinion. From what I've heard of the iasw changes I would certainly consider them 'acceptable.'

Comment

Well, that's certainly your opinion. From what I've heard of the iasw changes I would certainly consider them 'acceptable.'
                                Are there any changes that you have considered to be for the worse?

Comment

Originally posted by TwilitWings View Post
                                  I find it rather ironic that, of all things, it is a rainforest we're destroying. I guess it keeps with the times, unfortunately.

Although I am curious at how the Disney characters will be implemented in Hong Kong's Disneyland, I feel that--as this is the original version of the attraction, among other reasons (i.e. the reasons mentioned in the first post)--it should always remain in its classic state (TLC aside).

I totally agree with that. Especially if the ride is still attracting thousands of guests per day.

Comment

The arguments have been presented as to why adding Disney characters, or removing the rainforest in favor of America is not appropriate to the theme and core message of the attraction.

I might have missed it, but I haven't seen a valid argument from you. And thus, I have ignored your posts here until now.

Disneyland.com describes "it's a small world" with - "Global unity is celebrated in this ode to peace and harmony."

Provide me an argument as to how Disney characters are relevant to this ode to peace and harmony? How does an American sequence being seen by American audiences contribute to the message of "global unity"?

Comment

Coming from a purist at heart, these changes are disheartening.

As for protests, the Esplanade wouldn't work, it is private property. We could go outside TDA on Ball and protest, or better yet, go to WDI and protest at the back entrance where the big-wigs park. I would do a protest and stand there for hours if it meant no Disney characters in the ride.
                                      BTW, is Mary Blair still around? It would be nice to get her support if she still is. Or even the Sherman Brothers.

Disney, SAVE THE RAINFOREST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kronos View Post
                                        Coming from a purist at heart, these changes are disheartening.

As for protests, the Esplanade wouldn't work, it is private property. We could go outside TDA on Ball and protest, or better yet, go to WDI and protest at the back entrance where the big-wigs park. I would do a protest and stand there for hours if it meant no Disney characters in the ride.
                                        BTW, is Mary Blair still around? It would be nice to get her support if she still is. Or even the Sherman Brothers.

Disney, SAVE THE RAINFOREST!!!
                                        Organizing a big protest would be a mess. There is no good location to do it at the Resort and I feel it would be over-the-top. Just write an e-mail. Write a letter. Send a postcard. Make a t-shirt.

Just let your voice be heard. It doesn't need to be drastic. Just let Disney know you're paying attention and if you're unhappy, then tell them so.

You're paying their bills.

Comment

• Re: Save the Rainforest - Keep "it's a small world" a classic.

Since when is being a gamer a bad thing?

Anyways, back on topic.

I'm going to say right of the bat that I do not like or support either change. Now I am going to relate what my mother said. She is a Disney fan, but no where near the level most of us are. She agrees about the Disney characters and does not see why they need to be in there. However, she has no problem with the addition of America. Why? She said "Well, the United States is part of the world." When I told her they would be taking out the rainforest scene she did not mind. After all there is another jungle scene.

Like I said, I don't agree with her. I wanted to post the view of someone who does enjoy the parks, but is not as concerned with it as we are. In other words, I wanted to present the view that many occasional visitors to the park may have.

Comment

Working...
                                          X