This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt's CP Railroad Barn Video Tour

I wanted to share a hidden Disney Treasure. Just about everybody knows Walt had his own 1/8 scale Railroad in his backyard. What a lot of people don't know is Walt's Barn (where he stored his trains and controlled his layout) and several of his steam trains and a whole lot of personal artifacts are on display and open to the public in Griffith Park.

It's 25 miles North of Disneyland straight up the 5 Freeway. It's open every third Sunday of each month from 11 am to 3 pm.

For those who can't make that narrow window, I've shot a video tour and posted it on You Tube. The address is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ak4cmo

It's part of my Disney Chief Magic Official Campaign.

Keep spreading the magic! Because there's a little Fairy Godmother in all of us!

All the best!

Amy Kate
    www.dreamcmo.com/amy

Re: Walt's CP Railroad Barn Video Tour

very good video, the barn is a magnificent stop for any disney enthusiast...love griffith...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

I've been there ~ It's wonderful. I got the feeling that I was in a closer place to Walt Disney than in his apartment at the park. (I've been there too). Seeing the benches that Walt made by hand, the "hi-tech" switch map made for him, the invoice of work for the track and tressel, and even the paper towel holder just felt like I was peeking in on his personal stuff. I highly recommend visiting the barn, especially since it's free! The docents there are very knowlegable and you may run into Michael Broggie while you're there (that's great if you're a geek like me!). I could have stayed there all day asking questions and wandering through the incredible collection.

Comment

tag for later

thanks for posting this
        All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X