Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to "Save the Rainforest"?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done to "Save the Rainforest"?

Hi there,

One thing I have read many times in all the "Save the Rainforest" threads is how people cannot stop Disney from changing It's a Small World. That a few people cannot make a difference. With all the debate on the topic I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can see what people are actualy doing. People are posting it, but it gets lost in the debate. Maybe people can get ideas or get encouragement to write a letter, or whatever.

What this thread is for.

1. Telling people things you have actually done to "Save the Rainforest"
    2. Encouraging others to "Save the Rainforest"

What this thread is not for.
    1. Debating whether or not the rumored changes are good or bad.
    2. Debating whether or not the 'Save the Rainforest Campaign" is good
    or bad.
    3. Debating whether the Pixarification, P.C.-ificaton, Piratification, or Cartoonification of Disneyland is good or bad.
    4. Talking about things you might do or are going to do. Do them, then post.
    5. Saying that the "Save the Rainforest" campaign will not work.
    6. Discouraging people from "Saving the Rainforest".

There are plenty of threads to do those things in.

So to start this off I will repeat what I have done. I have written a letter and mailed it to the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Imagineering, and the Disneyland Resort.

In case you are wondering I used the following addresses that were supplied to Micechat by Master Gracey in the Save the Rainforest thread.
    Walt Disney Company
    Attn: Robert Iger
    500 S. Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, CA 91521-9722

Walt Disney Imagineering
    Attn: Tony Baxter
    1401 Flower Street
    P.O. Box 25020
    Glendale, CA 91221-502

Disneyland Resort
    Attn: Ed Grier
    1313 South Harbor Blvd.
    Anaheim , CA 92802

So the question I have for you is, what have you done to "Save the Rainforest"?
    Last edited by Melonballer; 03-19-2008, 02:44 AM.

Great thread

I wrote a letter to the Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney Imagineering, and the Disneyland Resort. I also e-mailed Guest communications. I also E-mailed OC register as well as the long beach press telegram. I called OC and got a Call back monday, unfortunately I wasn't home. The next day I called back but I'm afraid I wont get a response.

I'm not sure what I'll do next. Whats interesting is when GC e-mailed me it was the standard " lets keep it fresh" deal, but at the end it said their were no plans to announce changes. I found it cleaver to state that their are no plans to announce anything. I also think If OC takes the bate, I could use the fact that Mary's son disapproves of the change.

Any how, I'm wondering what others have done. And I encourage others to call OC Register. At least we can tell them housewives who's Disney's boss.

Comment

Re: What have you done to "Save the Rainforest"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZHZDcgCao8

That may change your opinion on this whole "save" campaign.....it's a brief segment on HKDL's Small World (near the middle of the video).
      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Against my better judgment I encouraged others to reach out to the media and not just Disney. My motivations were simple, get the petitions off MiceChat and out where they might do some good because I was tired of reading sign-up sheets. I say against because my heart is not in this fight. I would encourage someone to devote a webpage with a generic letter that can be copied/pasted... and provide email links to local SoCal Tv News, Newspapers, and Disney. It is much easier to "flood" when you do not need to type anything. I would also encourage posting in general, and posting a link to said support page on other internet sites.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Comment

Sent a 'long' email.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
              I would encourage someone to devote a webpage with a generic letter that can be copied/pasted... and provide email links to local SoCal Tv News, Newspapers, and Disney. It is much easier to "flood" when you do not need to type anything. I would also encourage posting in general, and posting a link to said support page on other internet sites.
              SERIOUSLY! If Small world should be saved then these are strategies that should be implemented.Techskip, I know your heart is not in this but I feel kind of guilty about taking advantage of all your advise. Thank you for contributing even if your not down with it, in the end it seems to be about Disney in general rather than Small world getting smaller.

Comment

http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZHZDcgCao8

That may change your opinion on this whole "save" campaign.....it's a brief segment on HKDL's Small World (near the middle of the video).
                  Thanks for the link. The dolls look pretty nice. Still, I'd rather they stay unique to Hong Kong. Also remember this thread is not for debating the merits or downfalls of the rumored changes. There are other threads for that.

Everyone who has done something, I appreciate it and thanks for posting.

Comment

Wouldn't your energy be better used in trying to save the REAL rainforests?

Comment

OK I have a question. It may be lame but here it goes. Since this has made the LA times should we continue? I would think that since LA times has shed a considerable amount of spotlight on this that Disney would take notice. I also wonder if it's enough for other news papers to take notice and and follow the story.

well I know I'm working on a video to post on youtube. What are some other ways we can spread the word? whats next?

Comment

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                        Wouldn't your energy be better used in trying to save the REAL rainforests?
                        It took me less than an hour to write my letters and mail them. I think it was a fair use of my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
                          OK I have a question. It may be lame but here it goes. Since this has made the LA times should we continue? I would think that since LA times has shed a considerable amount of spotlight on this that Disney would take notice. I also wonder if it's enough for other news papers to take notice and and follow the story.

well I know I'm working on a video to post on youtube. What are some other ways we can spread the word? whats next?
                          I say keep sending the letters, especially the snail mail ones. The more people that mail them, the more likely they are to consider what the letters say.

Comment

ok. I agree that Snail mail is best in many ways. Two that I'll mention are that they are harder to ignore and they are more formal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
                              ok. I agree that Snail mail is best in many ways. Two that I'll mention are that they are harder to ignore and they are more formal.
                              Right. Since it is more time consuming than calling them or signing an online petition it does get more attention. The campaign to get Disney to include the Japanese language track on Princess Mononoke was a snail mail campaign. It was very effective. What I hope will happen is that as the papers and news pick up the story people will contact Disney with their opinion, whether it be pro- or anti- rainforest. If people care to take the time to write to Disney about the attraction, Disney will hopefully take more time to consider what is said and what it is doing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X