Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Is Small World really coming back in December?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Small World really coming back in December?

    I keep hearing people say Small World is coming back 11/28/2008.

    Others say it isn't going to be back till next year-- 2009.

    What is the official word?
    2007 Photos:
    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
    More 2007 Photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
    2006 Photos:
    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

  • #2
    Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

    It appears from the posts of many contributers in this forum that IASW is never coming back. It appears that it is being replaced with a new ride that looks a lot like IASW, but is themed in such a manner as to remove any remaining sheen of good taste and artistic quality. So in answer to your question, never.
    Originally posted by SummerInFL
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

    Originally posted by Wanda Woman
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

      isaw should open in November 2008, but it will open as the holiday overlay version. The regular version of iasw will not open probably till late January / Early Feb 2009.

      A little piece of heaven

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

        Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
        isaw should open in November 2008, but it will open as the holiday overlay version. The regular version of iasw will not open probably till late January / Early Feb 2009.
        Exactly. Maybe thats where the confusion lies.


        Although actually I think MC hit it on the head....




        Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


        Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

          Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          Although actually I think MC hit it on the head....
          Yes as did I!

          A little piece of heaven

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

            OK, and so....does that mean that whatever changes are made won't be visible during the Holiday version?


            Or, will the Holiday version incorporate the new changes ?
            2007 Photos:
            http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
            More 2007 Photos:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
            2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
            http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
            2006 Photos:
            http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

              I am certainly hoping that if all goes well, I will be able to see the Holiday Verson of IASW in early December.
              BarbaraAnn

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                It'll open when the tree goes up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                  Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                  OK, and so....does that mean that whatever changes are made won't be visible during the Holiday version?


                  Or, will the Holiday version incorporate the new changes ?
                  Thats an unknown at this point I think if you are referring to the rainforest and Disney characters changes. The main reason for the closure is the replacement of the boats and a new flume installation plus general cleanup. Those changes will be in place when it re-opens.

                  As far as the Disney characters and the rainforest, I am hoping those don't happen at all, but if they do, I don't think there is any idea yet if those are part of the holiday overlay or just the new normal version which will open in Jan / Feb 2009.

                  A little piece of heaven

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                    Is it closed now?

                    If no, when is it expected to close? Kind of a bummer if I miss it this June.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                      it's closed now

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                        Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                        Thats an unknown at this point I think if you are referring to the rainforest and Disney characters changes. The main reason for the closure is the replacement of the boats and a new flume installation plus general cleanup. Those changes will be in place when it re-opens.

                        As far as the Disney characters and the rainforest, I am hoping those don't happen at all, but if they do, I don't think there is any idea yet if those are part of the holiday overlay or just the new normal version which will open in Jan / Feb 2009.

                        Yes, that's what I'm wondering......how the Holiday theme will impact the Rainforest.

                        Will we see a Rainforest covered in Tinsel? Will the new Disney characters be wearing Santa outfits?

                        I'm just wondering if, or how, they plan to incorporate the Holiday theme with all the new characters and changes.
                        2007 Photos:
                        http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                        More 2007 Photos:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                        2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                        http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                        2006 Photos:
                        http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                          Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                          Yes, that's what I'm wondering......how the Holiday theme will impact the Rainforest.

                          Will we see a Rainforest covered in Tinsel? Will the new Disney characters be wearing Santa outfits?

                          I'm just wondering if, or how, they plan to incorporate the Holiday theme with all the new characters and changes.
                          The rainforest was always completely covered during the holiday layover. It'll give them more time to remove the bulldozers from the forest.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                            Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            The rainforest was always completely covered during the holiday layover. It'll give them more time to remove the bulldozers from the forest.
                            that's why i don't remeber the rain forest. I always goo on it during the holidays.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is Small World really coming back in December?

                              from what I read on the construction walls when i was there last week, it said Holiday 08.
                              My Art site
                              http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X