Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Disneyland Behind the scenes map

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Behind the scenes map

Hey folks,
    If you are interested please view this Google map and mark any buildings that you can identify.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c2d28&t=k&z=16

If you don't have a google account to edit it please describe the location/building and I will.

I have always been a big fan of the Disneyland Park as a business. It is an amazing machine that is kept alive by the hard work of so many. A look at the park from the air shows just how many unseen facilites are needed to keep it running.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Disneyland Behind the scenes map

Welcome to MiceChat, sweaty! My computer is running slow, but I will click the link later.

Comment

sweaty?
      Do you work out a lot? I hope you use deodorant!
      Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Comment

I just added a load of placemarkers.

Comment

This map certainly puts things into perspective. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I added some more! If I can think of some others, I'll add 'em. Love stuff like this!

Comment

I added some too! Including the Convention Center which i know is off property but i recognized it so...

Facebook me!
              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

How do you add markers to the map?
                Jeff made me famous!
                From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Garrett, it took me a while to figure it out, despite having used Google Maps before. What you've got to do is sign in on a Google account, click the Edit button at the left, and then you should see four new buttons pop up closer to the top of the window. One is a pushpin icon, and that's what you want. Alternatively, you can right-click a location and click the appropriate button.

EDIT: I've added some more markers and formatted many of the existing ones for capitalization and such.
                  Last edited by Datameister; 03-25-2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I added a few, primarily around Harbor Pointe and K-Lot.

I also merged Star Tours/Star Trader/HISTA/Space/R2P2 into one. Technically, that part of Tomorrowland is actually all one really big building (it's fairly obvious if you look at it from backstage, where they don't theme it). It also houses DLR Payroll and WDI.

Comment

Thanks for the help Data. Most of what I know is very out of date. But I did add a backstage access road that cuts through between the Fantasyland Theater and Festival of Fools Area. It leads to about the base of the Tinkerbell landing tower.

There are two large wooden gates at the end of the Thunder Mountain Trail (just west of Fantasyland) That is where the backstage access road crosses. After hours, those gates are closed (or is it opened?) and the access road is opened and the Thunder Mountain Trail is closed off.

The Custodial Department Office used to be along that backstage access road. I don;t know if it still is or not. (I'm old and out of date)
                      Jeff made me famous!
                      From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

I also merged Star Tours/Star Trader/HISTA/Space/R2P2 into one. Technically, that part of Tomorrowland is actually all one really big building (it's fairly obvious if you look at it from backstage, where they don't theme it). It also houses DLR Payroll and WDI.
                        You're absolutely right that it's all one building, but I disagree with labeling it all with one marker. IMO, different markers can be used in one building for areas of significantly different purpose, especially since not everyone is as familiar with which parts of the facility are which. I'm not gonna change it back yet--I'd rather get some feedback first so that if everyone really wants it to stay as one label, I don't end up wasting both of our "hard" work.

So yeah, all--should the entire southern Tomorrowland structure be labeled with one marker, or should each attraction and area within receive its own marker?

Comment

I just added mine for the Fantasmic Stage and Dragon Keep.
                          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

i added the storage area for the california screamin' trains.

ill try to think of some more to add

Comment

mee too, added some.

though i didnt know that building by Space has lockers. :|
                              ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X