Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Disneyland Behind the scenes map

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland Behind the scenes map

I think the Baby and first aid Center mark is wrong.
    someone change it.

I think that is the locker Buliding.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
      I added a few, primarily around Harbor Pointe and K-Lot.

I also merged Star Tours/Star Trader/HISTA/Space/R2P2 into one. Technically, that part of Tomorrowland is actually all one really big building (it's fairly obvious if you look at it from backstage, where they don't theme it). It also houses DLR Payroll and WDI.
      Uhh, WDI is on the other side of the Park... And its just a few portables that serve as on site offices, as we have the Main Campus up in Glendale (33 miles or something like that up the 5) and thus we dont need a huge on site building a la WDW and other parks.

And I could swear that payroll was in TDA. Or what on site stuff we have for payroll, that is.

Comment

Thanks Afkandisney.

That was my bad. Looking at it closer, I shifted the Inn Between marker a little too. The Inn Between and Plaza Inn are in the same building. Plaza Inn is the front and Inn Between is the back, so to speak.
        Jeff made me famous!
        From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Here is a map that I used to mark buildings with:

Comment

wow, thanks for all of the info. That was fast. I have added some red markers for some buildings I would like identified. I am pretty sure these are the houses from the original property. In Van Arsdale Frances' book, A Window on Main Street, he metioned that one of them was his office at one time. Am I remembering that right?

What are the houses used for now? If you know please change them back to blue and label them.

Comment

Great map, SparkyLD! Thanks for posting it! (And don't hesitate to post any others...)

Comment

That is a cool map, Sparky.

I can't help you with the red markers. But long ago there was a house that was used for the set of the "Lasssie" TV Series. However, it was torn down to make room for Toontown. If I remember right, the house was about where the fountain infront of Roger Rabbit now sits.

As purely a guess, I would say at least one of the red marker houses is used as an office for the Circle D Ranch. But I'm just pulling that out of ...er... the air.
                Jeff made me famous!
                From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

I'm doing my best to add to this, and if you can't figure out the ones that are mine you simply aren't paying attention... :wink:

Oh, I stuck a title on it, so it can be found. Doesn't seem to be any messaging functions in the collaborative maps, but I might have missed it, too.

Anyone adding stuff: Please think twice before putting too much detail on the Backstage stuff, lest Disney Legal freak out and try to nuke the whole thing from orbit... (IOW send a Nastygram Cease & Desist Letter to Google to get it removed.)

It's OK to point out roughly where the backstage offices are, but I don't think they want an exact "Here's the door" location of (for example) the Cash Control office or other very security sensitive places on the map.

--<< Bruce >>--
                  There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Just added a few more

Comment

Wikimapia has done it all before and better...

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=33810650...19&l=0&m=h&v=2

Check it out. I've been editing that thing for over a year now.
                      Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                      DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                        Uhh, WDI is on the other side of the Park... And its just a few portables that serve as on site offices, as we have the Main Campus up in Glendale (33 miles or something like that up the 5) and thus we dont need a huge on site building a la WDW and other parks.

And I could swear that payroll was in TDA. Or what on site stuff we have for payroll, that is.
                        I don't know, our paystubs are issued from the Space Mountain Building, so I assume that's where payroll is.

And I was always told that the offices above Pizza Port (if you head up the staircase from the locker hallway next to the main Backstage entrnce) are WDI's.

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
                          I don't know, our paystubs are issued from the Space Mountain Building, so I assume that's where payroll is.

And I was always told that the offices above Pizza Port (if you head up the staircase from the locker hallway next to the main Backstage entrnce) are WDI's.
                          Really? Because there is a building over behind the Pirates show building that has a sign on it that says Walt Disney Imagineering. And they even have golf cart spaces marked Imagineering Only.

And my Paystub shows Group Sales Building as the site. And from what I know, group sales is a part of the Guest Service Building that is to the left of the gates out front.

But then, offices are shoved in all over the resort where ever they fit. Might as well use all that space that there is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X