Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

where bad dreams come true

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where bad dreams come true

judging by the posts of some people who visit this site, a ride breaking down is a dream come true. I have seen numerous threads (some with pictures or videos) of guests being "evaced" from a ride. Others here make claims like how they one day hope to be "evaced" too.

I don't get the whole "I want to be evaced" mentality myself. To me it is like wanting an airplane you are riding on to have a mechanical failure in flight forcing you to make an emergency landing.

Comment

Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
      I don't get the whole "I want to be evaced" mentality myself. To me it is like wanting an airplane you are riding on to have a mechanical failure in flight forcing you to make an emergency landing.
      because everyone has near boners (sorry, but that's the way it is) of getting a look backstage due to how the evac routes are setup. If it happens more and more, I'm fully expecting to hear at a roll call meeting one day "attention all night custodial cm's: spend more time cleaning the backstage areas, guests need to see the place is clean!" due to a flood of "omg omg holy sh$@@$ backstage is a mess! omg omg!" at city hall. Never mind that it is called backstage for a reason...... You enter our area, deal with it. Might as well bolt your doors shut on your house and tape the windows up if you can't leave the house and deal with high use areas looking like they are high use areas...

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
        Actually I admit it... I was the one pushing the evil breakdown button.

Because, you know, I am evil.

Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

- Anatole

P.S. It's plain, not plane. >_<
        I'm thinking they're having a play on words here, thinking of the cartoon "Plane crazy". But then, I could be plain crazy!
        I want my cake back!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
          I'm thinking they're having a play on words here, thinking of the cartoon "Plane crazy". But then, I could be plain crazy!
          Nothin' 'plain' about you, SNE--and that's no doubt!!

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
            I appreciate the fact that Attractions CMs are responsible for the safety of our guests, even more so than the rest of us; and that they have to maintain such a high level of safety while still having to maintain the same Show, Courtesy, and Efficiency standards that all Disney CMs are held to. I also agree that they should receive better compensation in recognition of the critical role they play in the operation of the parks. However, to assert that they are the only ones who are "in the trenches getting the brunt of the anger" is beyond ridiculous, in my honest opinion.
            :clap:

I agree wholeheartedly. NemoRanger, if you really believe that the anger you receive is any different than a stores CM dealing with a guest angry about the store running out of a limited edition pin, or a main gate CM dealing with guests that have to be turned away when the park is at capacity you really need to step back and observe what happens outside of your attraction. Spend an hour in City Hall on a windy night when pyro is canceled...it's quite an experience.

SuperDisneyDad: It isn't uncommon for attractions to "break down", but what is "broken down" to most guests is rarely anything related to mechanical difficulty. As mentioned before, most "break downs" are due to station backups which are usually caused by slowly exiting/entering guests. If it were actually any serious mechanical difficulty, that attraction probably wouldn't be back up for a few hours, if not the next morning.
            The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

Comment

Could be worse. All of EPCOT lost power for a few hours this morning. (CHeck the sentinel for more information)

I am in the crew of those who would really like to see a ride being evaced.
              sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
              Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Add me to the crew that would love to be part of a ride evac, as long as it was not HM. DH on the other hand would hate HATE that, whatever...

I have to say that sometimes you do get a string of bad luck, but honestly it isn't that bad, come on you're at Disneyland - there is so much to do, so many people to get to know in the lines, corners to discover, and all that. During our 50th Trip we got to know the Indy CMs quite well and managed to score quite a few extra fast passes out of them as we were practically always there when it went down, waiting to know what car to go in. BTW, they all handled it really well even when faced with the crazies. That somehow thought yelling would get the ride going quicker or felt it was soo important to let the poor guys know how much they ruined their trips, blah blah blah.

I'm surprised they weren't handing out fast passes as thats what we have always gotten, though.
                :ap: Trips ~ 1989, 1997, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2008 and taking another one in 2010!
                It's kind of fun to do the impossible. ~ Walt Disney

Comment

Maybe you just weren't meant to ride the rides that day..I believe in forces beyond our control preventing things from happening for a purpose.
                  "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Imagine!

The summer of 99. FRICKEN busy day in the park. we decided of ride the Rocket Rods!

ok, 4 hour wait...we can do it! in the BLAZING sun, and i'm a freakishly pale person. we wait....and wait.....and wait.....3 hours in they break down....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

and what do we do? we wait....and wait ....and wait....2 hours later the ride REOPENS and we have a one hour wait in place of a 4 hour wait.

Moral of the story

Patience is a virtue

and

sunblock is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                      Nothin' 'plain' about you, SNE--and that's no doubt!!
                      :blush:
                      I want my cake back!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
                        Disneyland has had a series of constant ride break downs today. We've waited in line for six ride and four of the have broken down. This is insane! Of all the times I have been here it's never been this bad. What the heck happened. Where are the mechanics in this place.

This entire day we've only been able to ride two rides, Pirates and the Maliboomer. Monsters, cal scream'n, thunder, and the matterhorn horn have shut down on us. We've waited at least 45 minutes on average for each ride.
                        were you at the park form open - close??

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                        MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
                          Seems like when it gets really busy more rides goes down seemingly at the same time. A possible reason (of potentially many) is they are running everything a capacity and it's easier for them break down whether it be a guest being too slow to get in or out of a vehicle or just sensors getting tripped.
                          You took the words right out of my mouth! :thumbup:

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                          MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Originally posted by Romba View Post
                            Actually it is. As I said, this same sort of thing has happened to me before. I actually went 5 for 5 once. It just happens... if this sort of thing happened EVERY trip you took, then maybe we could start raising the red flag; but multiple ride closures on a busy day are nothing new.
                            Wow, what luck you have!!! That is unheard of!!

Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
                            judging by the posts of some people who visit this site, a ride breaking down is a dream come true. I have seen numerous threads (some with pictures or videos) of guests being "evaced" from a ride. Others here make claims like how they one day hope to be "evaced" too.
                            It's only a good thing if you are ON IT!!!
                            Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 03-30-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraPiglet View Post
                              They have some crack mechanics there. One starting talking to me at the bus stop on my vacation, he must have been 42 or something, and I'm 25, raised in Maui... a nice girl, and he asked if he could come ot my hotel only becuase I was talking friendly about my vacation to him. Ewwww! what a sicko.
                              And what if he looked like Brad Pitt?

Comment

I just want to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that the anger that was recieved by the other LOB's was any less intense ... it's just a different one in my opinion. Please understand that I am not under the misguided perception that you're better off than us. Trust me, we were down for nearly four hours today and I got to deal with some crazy stuff directed at HISTA people too.

Honestly, I am more frustrated by the guests who blame the cast members. It's a machine folks, they break.

Comment

Working...
                                X