Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

where bad dreams come true

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: where bad dreams come true

    Originally posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
    Disneyland has had a series of constant ride break downs today. We've waited in line for six ride and four of the have broken down. This is insane! Of all the times I have been here it's never been this bad. What the heck happened. Where are the mechanics in this place.

    This entire day we've only been able to ride two rides, Pirates and the Maliboomer. Monsters, cal scream'n, thunder, and the matterhorn horn have shut down on us. We've waited at least 45 minutes on average for each ride.
    were you at the park form open - close??

    NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE


    Comment


    • #42
      Re: where bad dreams come true

      Originally posted by AaronInCal View Post
      Seems like when it gets really busy more rides goes down seemingly at the same time. A possible reason (of potentially many) is they are running everything a capacity and it's easier for them break down whether it be a guest being too slow to get in or out of a vehicle or just sensors getting tripped.
      You took the words right out of my mouth! :thumbup:

      NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
      MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE


      Comment


      • #43
        Re: where bad dreams come true

        Originally posted by Romba View Post
        Actually it is. As I said, this same sort of thing has happened to me before. I actually went 5 for 5 once. It just happens... if this sort of thing happened EVERY trip you took, then maybe we could start raising the red flag; but multiple ride closures on a busy day are nothing new.
        Wow, what luck you have!!! That is unheard of!!

        Originally posted by mac81962 View Post
        judging by the posts of some people who visit this site, a ride breaking down is a dream come true. I have seen numerous threads (some with pictures or videos) of guests being "evaced" from a ride. Others here make claims like how they one day hope to be "evaced" too.
        It's only a good thing if you are ON IT!!!
        Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 03-30-2008, 09:36 AM.

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: where bad dreams come true

          Originally posted by TaraPiglet View Post
          They have some crack mechanics there. One starting talking to me at the bus stop on my vacation, he must have been 42 or something, and I'm 25, raised in Maui... a nice girl, and he asked if he could come ot my hotel only becuase I was talking friendly about my vacation to him. Ewwww! what a sicko.
          And what if he looked like Brad Pitt?

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: where bad dreams come true

            I just want to clarify, I didn't mean to imply that the anger that was recieved by the other LOB's was any less intense ... it's just a different one in my opinion. Please understand that I am not under the misguided perception that you're better off than us. Trust me, we were down for nearly four hours today and I got to deal with some crazy stuff directed at HISTA people too.

            Honestly, I am more frustrated by the guests who blame the cast members. It's a machine folks, they break.

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: where bad dreams come true

              Nothing is perfect, Not even at Disneyland... Sorry, just bad luck bro
              You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: where bad dreams come true

                - Anatole
                Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008, 07:17 PM.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: where bad dreams come true

                  Originally posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
                  Disneyland has had a series of constant ride break downs today. We've waited in line for six ride and four of the have broken down. This is insane! Of all the times I have been here it's never been this bad. What the heck happened. Where are the mechanics in this place.

                  This entire day we've only been able to ride two rides, Pirates and the Maliboomer. Monsters, cal scream'n, thunder, and the matterhorn horn have shut down on us. We've waited at least 45 minutes on average for each ride.
                  Wild! Yeah, we were there yesterday too (your post being from yesterday). Anyway, we noticed a lot of stuff 'down' too. And the POTC line was horrendous.........wrapped all over the place and then up to French Market - and we weren't going to 'have' that...so we moved on. All we rode all the time we were there was The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and The Casey Jr. That was it. We dined at Plaza Inn.........and then we left.....overwhelmingly crowded.......and that makes a pleasantly warm day seem excrutiatingly HOT HOT HOT.

                  I'm with ya - seemed like a pretty 'broken down day'.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: where bad dreams come true

                    Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
                    I'm still a little confused about the ride 101's. I understand the ride breaking down if the cars are loaded too fast and one car is about to hit another one, but I can't figure out why the whole ride would break down because a car was loaded too slow.

                    If there is no danger of a car hitting another one, then why should the ride break down if it was loaded slowly?

                    - Anatole
                    I can only speak for space so Ill answer this. Space mountain has 6 parking spots in the station and they run 10-11 rockets. So if they have a slower person get in it backs the rockets up and if a rocket is in their final parking spot and another rocket is coming in the computer stops the rocket from coming into the station then the rocket behind it and behind it etc in a cascading effect. Thats how it breaks
                    Last edited by DLcastmbr; 03-28-2008, 08:58 PM.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

                    Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: where bad dreams come true

                      - Anatole
                      Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008, 07:16 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: where bad dreams come true

                        Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        Wild! Yeah, we were there yesterday too (your post being from yesterday). Anyway, we noticed a lot of stuff 'down' too. And the POTC line was horrendous.........wrapped all over the place and then up to French Market - and we weren't going to 'have' that...so we moved on. All we rode all the time we were there was The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and The Casey Jr. That was it. We dined at Plaza Inn.........and then we left.....overwhelmingly crowded.......and that makes a pleasantly warm day seem excrutiatingly HOT HOT HOT.

                        I'm with ya - seemed like a pretty 'broken down day'.
                        Yes, it was. I've logged a lot of time on very crowded days and sure ride do go down, but Thursday had more breakdowns and it was less crowded than the other days that week. I would speculate that something has changed in the process of running the park. It could be lack of CM training due to high turnover. It could be lack of proper maintenance of the rides. It could just be some really poorly behaving guests, but I doubt this one. It certainly was not a case of picking the wrong rides. Many of the other rides, also, experienced a high break down rate.

                        For many people that day, it was like a bad dream comming true. Notice how the slogan what type of dream will come true.

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: where bad dreams come true

                          Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
                          I see. I wonder why there aren't more parking spots then, since the whole ride gets effected by it.

                          - Anatole
                          And you are going to find that space where though? Theoretically, the ride is alread devided up into the spots as it is. But the whole idea of blocks and how they work... Thats more than I want to explain at the moment.

                          So, would you like the last 60 seconds of the roller coaster to be stopping and starting every 25 feet so that they don't ever really go down due to a backup? It would be nice, yes. Heck, six flags and knotts don't run their coasters at what could be a huge capacity so that they don't need to bother with a backup possibility. Or at least it seems that way.

                          Besides, how would like to be the maintenance crew that has to take care of the 12 "parking spots" and all their associated mechanics in addition to all of those inside the ride already.

                          Originally posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
                          Yes, it was. I've logged a lot of time on very crowded days and sure ride do go down, but Thursday had more breakdowns and it was less crowded than the other days that week. I would speculate that something has changed in the process of running the park. It could be lack of CM training due to high turnover. It could be lack of proper maintenance of the rides. It could just be some really poorly behaving guests, but I doubt this one. It certainly was not a case of picking the wrong rides. Many of the other rides, also, experienced a high break down rate.

                          For many people that day, it was like a bad dream comming true. Notice how the slogan what type of dream will come true.
                          Wow... Yes, it is ALL the CMs faults. Never could be a slow guest. And the world was just out to get you, wasn't it? So, if it bothers you how its all run, go get a job there and fix it. Maybe then you'll see it was just a timing thing like we keep telling you it was.

                          Every attraction has downtimes. There is no "set schedule" of it. Nor is there a set schedule of you going to certain attractions. What the world did that day and what you did that day just HAPPENED to coincide with each other and you were at the attractions just at the times that they happened to go down. Kinda feels like Chaos Theory to me. If you had stopped by City Hall and commented on this, Im sure they would have been more than willing to compensate you for your time. However, you feel it necessary to blame the Cast and complain on a public forum after the fact. Sorry to say, there is not much you will get from Mice Chat other than us telling you that you just had bad luck that day.
                          Last edited by Autopia; 03-28-2008, 09:48 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: where bad dreams come true

                            - Anatole
                            Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008, 07:14 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: where bad dreams come true

                              The problem relies entirely on slow guests in most cases. Ive been told that Space has something like a 22 second dispatch interval between rockets. Go over that interval and rockets begin to back up, which can get to the point of a cascade.

                              If guests werent so dumb sometimes and would just stand up and get out of the ride vehicles, than things would be much better. And if they are unable to quickly exit the vehicle, than they should be much more understanding of why rides have downtimes.

                              Of course there are other reasons for rides going down, but this is a big reason for a few attractions. Indy is a different story as they can back up all day and it will just be more bad show than anything. Their 101's are a different story. Same with jungle, those downtimes are much more unique to the attraction.

                              Dont complain so much. It happens, and often times is due to guests. So next time youre in line for space mountain and it goes down, look at those around you and maybe things will make more sense.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: where bad dreams come true

                                Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                                Wow... Yes, it is ALL the CMs faults. Never could be a slow guest. And the world was just out to get you, wasn't it? So, if it bothers you how its all run, go get a job there and fix it. Maybe then you'll see it was just a timing thing like we keep telling you it was.
                                My point is that although guests can cause ride faliures, the ratio of to ride failures to guests was higher than normal. There were less guests and many more failures. That's why I doubt the sole source of the problem is the guests. I did state that I'm speculating that the process is broken. I'm not saying I know the source of the problem, but these are the things that actually happened that day.

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: where bad dreams come true

                                  The point is...

                                  Higher capacity=more downtimes. No matter what attraction.

                                  Its as simple as that. Either way, it relates back to guest flow really.

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: where bad dreams come true

                                    Well, it's a hot topic. I would boil it down to how well they maintain the rides. Mechanical things do break, however - like a car, if properly maintained, that could be minimized.

                                    Then again, these rides get beat up every day...so what is the MTBF on something like that with so many variables??

                                    *shrugs*
                                    Last edited by shadow; 03-28-2008, 11:05 PM. Reason: Added '??'
                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: where bad dreams come true

                                      You clearly do not understand the reason for a 101. It is rarely maint. reasons. Work in the park. Listen to the reasons why the rides go down. Apparently that is the only way you guys will believe why a 101 occurs.

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: where bad dreams come true

                                        Originally posted by nolimit View Post
                                        You clearly do not understand the reason for a 101. It is rarely maint. reasons. Work in the park. Listen to the reasons why the rides go down. Apparently that is the only way you guys will believe why a 101 occurs.

                                        I must have missed the original poster saying it was a 101. I read break down...my bad?
                                        I know what a 101 is and there are many reasons they can 'down' a ride.
                                        I know many, many people who work the park. Most of them still work there - several have retired. There have been many discussions of what happened during their day at work, including what happened on the rides, to the rides and to the guests.
                                        sigpic

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: where bad dreams come true

                                          What is the difference between a break down and a 101?

                                          Its basically the same thing...
                                          some people just dont know the code for it, which is the reason for calling it a "break down"

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X