Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

where bad dreams come true

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where bad dreams come true

Nothing is perfect, Not even at Disneyland... Sorry, just bad luck bro
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

- Anatole
      Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
        Disneyland has had a series of constant ride break downs today. We've waited in line for six ride and four of the have broken down. This is insane! Of all the times I have been here it's never been this bad. What the heck happened. Where are the mechanics in this place.

This entire day we've only been able to ride two rides, Pirates and the Maliboomer. Monsters, cal scream'n, thunder, and the matterhorn horn have shut down on us. We've waited at least 45 minutes on average for each ride.
        Wild! Yeah, we were there yesterday too (your post being from yesterday). Anyway, we noticed a lot of stuff 'down' too. And the POTC line was horrendous.........wrapped all over the place and then up to French Market - and we weren't going to 'have' that...so we moved on. All we rode all the time we were there was The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and The Casey Jr. That was it. We dined at Plaza Inn.........and then we left.....overwhelmingly crowded.......and that makes a pleasantly warm day seem excrutiatingly HOT HOT HOT.

I'm with ya - seemed like a pretty 'broken down day'.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
          I'm still a little confused about the ride 101's. I understand the ride breaking down if the cars are loaded too fast and one car is about to hit another one, but I can't figure out why the whole ride would break down because a car was loaded too slow.

If there is no danger of a car hitting another one, then why should the ride break down if it was loaded slowly?

- Anatole
          I can only speak for space so Ill answer this. Space mountain has 6 parking spots in the station and they run 10-11 rockets. So if they have a slower person get in it backs the rockets up and if a rocket is in their final parking spot and another rocket is coming in the computer stops the rocket from coming into the station then the rocket behind it and behind it etc in a cascading effect. Thats how it breaks
          Last edited by DLcastmbr; 03-28-2008, 09:58 PM.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

- Anatole
            Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              Wild! Yeah, we were there yesterday too (your post being from yesterday). Anyway, we noticed a lot of stuff 'down' too. And the POTC line was horrendous.........wrapped all over the place and then up to French Market - and we weren't going to 'have' that...so we moved on. All we rode all the time we were there was The Adventures of Winnie The Pooh and The Casey Jr. That was it. We dined at Plaza Inn.........and then we left.....overwhelmingly crowded.......and that makes a pleasantly warm day seem excrutiatingly HOT HOT HOT.

I'm with ya - seemed like a pretty 'broken down day'.
              Yes, it was. I've logged a lot of time on very crowded days and sure ride do go down, but Thursday had more breakdowns and it was less crowded than the other days that week. I would speculate that something has changed in the process of running the park. It could be lack of CM training due to high turnover. It could be lack of proper maintenance of the rides. It could just be some really poorly behaving guests, but I doubt this one. It certainly was not a case of picking the wrong rides. Many of the other rides, also, experienced a high break down rate.

For many people that day, it was like a bad dream comming true. Notice how the slogan what type of dream will come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatole69 View Post
                I see. I wonder why there aren't more parking spots then, since the whole ride gets effected by it.

- Anatole
                And you are going to find that space where though? Theoretically, the ride is alread devided up into the spots as it is. But the whole idea of blocks and how they work... Thats more than I want to explain at the moment.

So, would you like the last 60 seconds of the roller coaster to be stopping and starting every 25 feet so that they don't ever really go down due to a backup? It would be nice, yes. Heck, six flags and knotts don't run their coasters at what could be a huge capacity so that they don't need to bother with a backup possibility. Or at least it seems that way.

Besides, how would like to be the maintenance crew that has to take care of the 12 "parking spots" and all their associated mechanics in addition to all of those inside the ride already.

Originally posted by SuperDisneyDad View Post
                Yes, it was. I've logged a lot of time on very crowded days and sure ride do go down, but Thursday had more breakdowns and it was less crowded than the other days that week. I would speculate that something has changed in the process of running the park. It could be lack of CM training due to high turnover. It could be lack of proper maintenance of the rides. It could just be some really poorly behaving guests, but I doubt this one. It certainly was not a case of picking the wrong rides. Many of the other rides, also, experienced a high break down rate.

For many people that day, it was like a bad dream comming true. Notice how the slogan what type of dream will come true.
                Wow... Yes, it is ALL the CMs faults. Never could be a slow guest. And the world was just out to get you, wasn't it? So, if it bothers you how its all run, go get a job there and fix it. Maybe then you'll see it was just a timing thing like we keep telling you it was.

Every attraction has downtimes. There is no "set schedule" of it. Nor is there a set schedule of you going to certain attractions. What the world did that day and what you did that day just HAPPENED to coincide with each other and you were at the attractions just at the times that they happened to go down. Kinda feels like Chaos Theory to me. If you had stopped by City Hall and commented on this, Im sure they would have been more than willing to compensate you for your time. However, you feel it necessary to blame the Cast and complain on a public forum after the fact. Sorry to say, there is not much you will get from Mice Chat other than us telling you that you just had bad luck that day.
                Last edited by Autopia; 03-28-2008, 10:48 PM.

Comment

- Anatole
                  Last edited by Anatole69; 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

The problem relies entirely on slow guests in most cases. Ive been told that Space has something like a 22 second dispatch interval between rockets. Go over that interval and rockets begin to back up, which can get to the point of a cascade.

If guests werent so dumb sometimes and would just stand up and get out of the ride vehicles, than things would be much better. And if they are unable to quickly exit the vehicle, than they should be much more understanding of why rides have downtimes.

Of course there are other reasons for rides going down, but this is a big reason for a few attractions. Indy is a different story as they can back up all day and it will just be more bad show than anything. Their 101's are a different story. Same with jungle, those downtimes are much more unique to the attraction.

Dont complain so much. It happens, and often times is due to guests. So next time youre in line for space mountain and it goes down, look at those around you and maybe things will make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                      Wow... Yes, it is ALL the CMs faults. Never could be a slow guest. And the world was just out to get you, wasn't it? So, if it bothers you how its all run, go get a job there and fix it. Maybe then you'll see it was just a timing thing like we keep telling you it was.
                      My point is that although guests can cause ride faliures, the ratio of to ride failures to guests was higher than normal. There were less guests and many more failures. That's why I doubt the sole source of the problem is the guests. I did state that I'm speculating that the process is broken. I'm not saying I know the source of the problem, but these are the things that actually happened that day.

Comment

The point is...

Higher capacity=more downtimes. No matter what attraction.

Its as simple as that. Either way, it relates back to guest flow really.

Comment

Well, it's a hot topic. I would boil it down to how well they maintain the rides. Mechanical things do break, however - like a car, if properly maintained, that could be minimized.

Then again, these rides get beat up every day...so what is the MTBF on something like that with so many variables??

*shrugs*
                          Last edited by shadow; 03-29-2008, 12:05 AM. Reason: Added '??'
                          sigpic

Comment

You clearly do not understand the reason for a 101. It is rarely maint. reasons. Work in the park. Listen to the reasons why the rides go down. Apparently that is the only way you guys will believe why a 101 occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by nolimit View Post
                              You clearly do not understand the reason for a 101. It is rarely maint. reasons. Work in the park. Listen to the reasons why the rides go down. Apparently that is the only way you guys will believe why a 101 occurs.

I must have missed the original poster saying it was a 101. I read break down...my bad?
                              I know what a 101 is and there are many reasons they can 'down' a ride.
                              I know many, many people who work the park. Most of them still work there - several have retired. There have been many discussions of what happened during their day at work, including what happened on the rides, to the rides and to the guests.
                              sigpic

Comment

What is the difference between a break down and a 101?

Its basically the same thing...
                                some people just dont know the code for it, which is the reason for calling it a "break down"

Comment

Working...
                                X