Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

where bad dreams come true

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperDisneyDad
    started a topic where bad dreams come true

where bad dreams come true

Disneyland has had a series of constant ride break downs today. We've waited in line for six ride and four of the have broken down. This is insane! Of all the times I have been here it's never been this bad. What the heck happened. Where are the mechanics in this place.

This entire day we've only been able to ride two rides, Pirates and the Maliboomer. Monsters, cal scream'n, thunder, and the matterhorn horn have shut down on us. We've waited at least 45 minutes on average for each ride.
    Last edited by SuperDisneyDad; 03-27-2008, 05:53 PM.

• hiimj0ne
    replied
    Re: where bad dreams come true

Sorry this had to happen to you, whenever things like this happens to my family, we use that time to enjoy the other things in Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• serviceelevator
    replied

Sorry about that but they are machines and machines do break from time to time. And most of the time it's not our fault over at Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin if were backed up for more than 30 seconds due to a slow-moving guest we break down! Or sometimes one of our out of bounds beams are broken cause some kid or really dumb adult decides it's a great idea to jump out of a car onto a track that obviously has moving vehicles that won't stop!
    Monsters Inc. has the same time out as us,so if they back-up too much BOOM they break down!:sweat:

Leave a comment:

• nolimit
    replied

Originally posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
    it always seems to brick itself when it fails zone checks, or you have the occasional stupid bs like a woman that screamed bloody murder about her cell phone falling off (got a idea where you can stick it next time lady....) and forced the cm's to shut the ride down and walk the track for it. It's a f'n cellphone, notify the cast member and check lost and found later! geez. One time it failed though when a car jumped out of the track and smashed into a wall a few months back if i'm not mistaken
    The Indy incident is a touchy subject. But I am pretty sure no track was jumped. The Indy jeeps are pretty amazing things really, and drive themselves to an extent. While I do know completely what happened and why/how, this is not something to be discussed here.

And they dont always stop the ride to retrieve a lost article.

Leave a comment:

• Burnt Toast
    replied

Originally posted by E.P. Ripley View Post
    Thunder takes about 1 hour to reset and that is assuming that no trains are stuck in odd places.

It always seems like rides break down more when it is crowded because they are running the maximum number of vehicles and people just seem to be dumber. More people seem to do stupid things on rides during spring break and summer such as standing up on the ride. As soon as someone does this it breaks down the ride for at least an hour.
    Quoted for truth.

Leave a comment:

• mojavewolfpup
    replied

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    And Indy must be a close second
    it always seems to brick itself when it fails zone checks, or you have the occasional stupid bs like a woman that screamed bloody murder about her cell phone falling off (got a idea where you can stick it next time lady....) and forced the cm's to shut the ride down and walk the track for it. It's a f'n cellphone, notify the cast member and check lost and found later! geez. One time it failed though when a car jumped out of the track and smashed into a wall a few months back if i'm not mistaken

Leave a comment:

• JulieMouse
    replied

You really hit bad luck, I was there that same day with my Dad and we were able to go on:

CA Screamin
    Mulholland Madness
    Zephyr
    Soarin'
    Tough to be a Bug
    Monsters Inc

Space
    Thunder
    Indiana
    Jungle Cruise
    Pirates
    Innoventions/Asimo
    Buzz
    Tiki Room
    Mr. Toad
    Snow White
    Matterhorn

The only one I came across that was closed was Monsters, but it was open the next time we came by.

Sorry you hit such bad luck, but glad my dad and I hit it right (he only visits from Montana once every couple years). I did arrive before 8am to make sure I got every fastpass possible, I was very diligent in both parks, that probably helped.

Better luck next time!!

Julie

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Talk to Cal-OSHA about that.

Leave a comment:

• Mac Daddy
    replied

Originally posted by shadow View Post
    ..I love you..

While this is true - and inescapable (the terms and conditions statement), if someone is that unhappy with their day at park, there are other options they can choose.

If it seems that the rides I'd like to ride are 'down', I simply find other stuff to do. If you don't enjoy the park itself, for itself or you are not with enjoyable company - I suggest don't go alone to the park, or find better company to take with you.
    This really doesn't address the issue of what may be serious design flaws. I mean...just what the HECK is the deal with Screamin?

Honestly? 7 out of the last 10 times we've tried to ride that thing it's been down, from October until yesterday.

:bang:

Yes, I know they had that incident last year where that train got slammed into, but is it just me, or does this thing go down at LEAST once a day, taking an average of 1-2 hours to come back on line?

And Indy must be a close second. Or Thunder. I know 101 isn't really the wheels coming off, but COME ON! The "design flaw" that I'm referring two is the start the whole thing up from the top and eat another two hours of operating hours while you check the whole thing and run empty trains again from the beginning. If a guest takes too long to get in, how is there NOT a system in place to get the whole thing going again inside of 5 minutes?
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 03-31-2008, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JustALittleChange
    replied

At least the cement is dry... step up from opening day. :blush:

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

A ride is "down" when it cannot continue normal operation, simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• shadow
    replied

Originally posted by dcaguy View Post
    If I am not mistaken I do believe that the back of park tickets and/or park maps state that entertainment and ride availability is subject to change without notice so by buying that ticket and using it you agree to those terms and conditions.

..I love you..

While this is true - and inescapable (the terms and conditions statement), if someone is that unhappy with their day at park, there are other options they can choose.

If it seems that the rides I'd like to ride are 'down', I simply find other stuff to do. If you don't enjoy the park itself, for itself or you are not with enjoyable company - I suggest don't go alone to the park, or find better company to take with you.

Leave a comment:

• shadow
    replied

The ride(s) do not need to 'break down' in order to go 101. If there is any type of problem (guest situation, possible safety violation) it can go 101 and be working just fine.

It can also go 101, for mechanical failure or 'show' discrepancies (for those who may not know, this means part of the ride 'props' such as animatronics, lighting or any number of variables may not be fully-functional).

The term 'break down' means the ride has actually stopped motion.

Hope this helps...

Leave a comment:

• dcaguy
    replied

If I am not mistaken I do believe that the back of park tickets and/or park maps state that entertainment and ride availability is subject to change without notice so by buying that ticket and using it you agree to those terms and conditions.

Leave a comment:

• nolimit
    replied

What is the difference between a break down and a 101?

Its basically the same thing...
    some people just dont know the code for it, which is the reason for calling it a "break down"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X