Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the purpose of the new bridge under construction between the Grand and DCA?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the purpose of the new bridge under construction between the Grand and DCA?

I have asked the question before and haven't heard an answer as of yet. It's so close to the Grand/DCA entrance, I doubt it would be another entry/exit gate. Is it for vehicles? Just wondering....
    FTd! :!$#%:

Go Beavers!!! sigpic:imtheone:

Re: What is the purpose of the new bridge under construction between the Grand and DC

Bridge?

Comment

Re: What is the purpose of the new bridge under construction between the Grand and DC

I am confused as well. I had not heard of any bridge. maybe change of plans and they are starting on the entrance area to dca now rather than later????

or................... maybe thats where the preview center is going to be???

Comment

It is an Emergency Egress Bridge for guests of the Grand Californian's White Water Snacks restaurant.

It will not be available for use by guests unless during the event of a restaurant evacuation.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

That's interesting. I take it that it must be for a building code then.... Wonder why it took them 7 years to notice that the bridge was needed...

Comment

The construction of the new DVC area took away an alternative route, so the Fire Marshall said to build the bridge in case they need to get folks out of the hotel area.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I'm not picturing where this is. Where does the bridge let out?

Comment

Its just around the bend from the Grand/DCA entrance bridge. It's just south past the giant bear outside of Grizzly River Run. Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Welcome to micechat!
                  Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    I'm not picturing where this is. Where does the bridge let out?
                    Originally posted by wpheiny View Post
                    Its just around the bend from the Grand/DCA entrance bridge. It's just south past the giant bear outside of Grizzly River Run. Thanks for the info guys.

It is across from the Rushin' Rivers Outfitters gift shop.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X