This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Pirates Lair

Ok so I went back in September and visited the Island for the first time. I went through the cave and was surprised by how much had been done. However, the area that had the guy chained to the wall had my dumbfounded. I knew, being that it was disneyland, he had to do something other than just lay there. Unfortunetely, he never did anything and I tried the next day and he still just sat there. I tried touching the lock and other things but i couldn't get him to do anything...so i assumed nothing happened.

but then i got back and looked on youtube months later and saw that he turns into a skeleton and talks and stuff...

So how do you set it off?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: Question about Pirates Lair

sorry-no idea, I too have trouble to get it to go off

Comment

It doesn't work until it does. There doesn't seem to be a way to trigger it. You just have to hope that it works when you go. I was lucky enough to see it once since the place opened.

I do hate that they've dumbed down the beating-heart-in-the-chest effect. It used to be that you could only feel the heart when the light turned blue. Most people didn't know that you could put your hands on the chest to feel the heartbeat. Now, the heart beats loudly and constantly over the speakers, enough so you can practically feel it through your shoes. It was a nice, subtle little trick for guests to figure out. Now it's gone -- .

Comment

I'm not certain how to set it off either, or if that is even possible. I know just by standing there for a few minutes it will start changing into a skeleton and talking, but it does take a while for it to do that.

Comment

The cell door is the trigger.

Shake it a couple times and he wakes up.

Comment

Now he just constantly talks all the time. There's a short, maybe two second break between each of his four spiels. Only two of which have him turning into a skeleton.

There were a couple days in September though that he didn't work at all. You may have been unfortunate enough to be there those days.

Comment

It's triggered by the light of the moon of course. In the corner of the room you can see the night sky...he changes when the moon comes out.

Comment

If you liked the chained pirate, you'll love the hand dryers in the PLOTSI bathroom. Amazing. I am really not kidding--the best 'enhancement' on that rock, if you ask me.

Comment

whisper eisner and you'll activate the special effect....

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                    PLOTSI
                    This can either sound like something you do at the gym...or a character on Happy Days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      This can either sound like something you do at the gym...or a character on Happy Days.
                      Sit on it, Hatter!

Pilates of the Caribbean?

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                        If you liked the chained pirate, you'll love the hand dryers in the PLOTSI bathroom. Amazing. I am really not kidding--the best 'enhancement' on that rock, if you ask me.
                        Swabby doesn't lie. Best addition to plotsi bar none.

Comment

Wish i would have known about the air dryers last time i was at the park. Went on Splash and got a little wet.

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBob View Post
                            Wish i would have known about the air dryers last time i was at the park. Went on Splash and got a little wet.
                            The hand dryers are really only big enough to dry your hands only. If they were to make them large enough to dry your entire body, they would need to change its name from hand dryer to the Orgasmatron, and subsequently need a Fastpass system installed.

Comment

Touche Swab, touche!

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X