Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small World: When Will It Return? (Merged)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small World: When Will It Return? (Merged)

Hi. I usually go to Disneyland during December for the holidays and I was wondering if Small World will be ready for the holiday season. My family and I usually come during the late summer and in December from the East Coast. I called DL and I got conflicting information. One cast member told me that it would be back in early 2009 as the new Small World and for this 2008 holday season onle Haunted Mansion Holiday will be running...I called again and another CM told that Small World Holiday may be ready for 2008. Does anyone know when Small World is expected to return? I think the refurb will take longer than expected.

Re: Small World: When Will It Return?

It's supposed to be open for the Holiday Layover. So November most likely. Hope this works for you!

Comment

If it is open for the Holidays, expect larger then normal crowds as individuals clamor to not only see the Holiday, but to see if the changes were implemented.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

When the additions were first announced, it was said that the whole refurb would be extended to January as it would take longer and this would give them more time to open as the normal Small World. I have my doubts that it will be open in November, but that is still the date that is planned.

Comment

Originally posted by nolimit View Post
          When the additions were first announced, it was said that the whole refurb would be extended to January as it would take longer and this would give them more time to open as the normal Small World. I have my doubts that it will be open in November, but that is still the date that is planned.

So it might open in January. I was thinking that. Wouldn't Disneyland want to promote the updated Small World first vs having the overlay and then the updated version. Maybe Small World Holiday will be back in 2009.

Comment

i hope they get it open for Christmas but also hope they open it up as the new / regular version not the holiday overlay.

Comment

Supposed to open again in November, but sometimes these things get pushed back.

About a week before you come, call Guest Relations at 714-781-7290 and see if it is open.

Comment

Originally posted by WickedQueen View Post
                Supposed to open again in November, but sometimes these things get pushed back.

About a week before you come, call Guest Relations at 714-781-7290 and see if it is open.
                I hope it opens as the updated version. I have a feeling it may be pushed back. Thanks to all who have replied and those who will in the future. Thanks for the DL phone number, WickedQueen.

Comment

And if it does come up in November, it will 100% be Holiday. Technically, either way, Its a Small World will not come back up until January as Holiday does not count as the normal version.

Comment

The Disneyland website has Small World closed until "Fall 2008". Does anyone know if the refurbishment is going as planned - on schedule or running behind? Since they are gutting the entire attraction, I always thought that it would take more than a year to rebuild it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCool View Post
                      The Disneyland website has Small World closed until "Fall 2008". Does anyone know if the refurbishment is going as planned - on schedule or running behind? Since they are gutting the entire attraction, I always thought that it would take more than a year to rebuild it.

In AL's new column, he reports that according to reports from the renovation that Small World not meet its Thanksgiving 2008 deadline and will reopen sometime in the Winter of 2009.

Thanks AL for keeping on top of things as usual. Plan Accordingly - travelers to DL.

Comment

Small World Question

I found this site when I searched Google for information on the Small World changes. I've learned a lot about what is going on with the whole ordeal and I agree that it should be left as is.

I noticed that the refurbishments are supposed to take around 10 months. That would mean that IASW would open in October or November if it takes longer than expected. Will the ride open as normal Small World or will Disneyland wait a little bit longer for the holiday season and open it with the holiday overlay?

Comment

Re: Small World Question

i think that TDA is planning on opening IASW holiday, espically if the referd goes into nov/dec then it would definetly reopen as IASW holiday
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Theres 40 threads about Small World already...

But it will NOT reopen until at least November 29 as Holiday.

Comment

From Al Lutz's "Hello, Goodbye" article from today, 4/8.

Originally posted by Al Lutz
                              And that takes us to 2009, doesn't it? That's a year that no one in TDA is really looking forward to right now. There will be no new attraction to open, except for the new version of It's A Small World that has quickly become a PR nightmare for Disney (current reports from the facility under renovation are that it won't make the Thanksgiving deadline and will reopen in winter '09).
                              (bold mine)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X