This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Trip Report with the kids - Feb 3rd

Unfortunately I hadn't found MiceChat before my latest Disneyland trip but I thought I would share my pictures. Parents of young children in particular might be interested . I have a just 3 year old and a 10 month old. This is the 3 year old's THIRD trip to Disney but the first one that he was really excited about. Even very young children feel the magic.

We had only one day to visit so we had to make the most of things. We arrived the night before so we hit DTD to get in the spirit. We also watched the fireworks from the hotel.

My 3 year old was so excited that he hugged a Goofy poster at the hotel.

The next morning we headed to the Lilo and Stitch breakfast which was deserted. The CM we chatted with said that L&S were always a quieter breakfast as most people go for the Critter one or the Minnie and Friends one.

We did a few pictures with characters if my son wanted them.

He clung to Mickey and it took a lot of prodding to actually turn around and get the picture in my avatar.

Unfortunately they both escaped...

In Pluto's bed

In Minnie's sink

Here's what that same 3 year old will look like in about 12 years eek! I nearly cried when I saw him all grown up.

We had a fantastic time taking both boys on tons of rides. I love that they could go on POTC etc. I made my husband watch them while I rode Indy and HM though . I'm the ride maniac in our family - so far anyway.

We had 2 tiny disappointments -
    1)Jungle Cruise was down and DS loves anything Jungle/animal related, and
    2) I got in over my head on Roger Rabbit. I had given the info sign at the front a cursory once over and didn't see any restrictions. It mentioned something vaguely about spinning? Anyway, myself and my 10 month old got on a car together and the CM told me he couldn't ride on my lap. Unfortunately I should have just gotten off but since he can sit on his own I just put him tightly beside me with my arm around him - just like we did at Peter Pan. Huge Mistake! I spent the whole ride in a panic trying to hang on to him and grip the wheel with the other hand to keep it for spinning like crazy. I simply had no idea! Everything was just fine but parents with little ones please be aware!

Thanks for reading and I'm glad to be at MiceChat now! Now I'm on my way to keep reading the "Son of the HM" thread....

Re: Late Trip Report with the kids - Feb 3rd

Very cute pics. Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic
    Home away from Home.

Comment

Looks like the kids had a blast and I really enjoyed your trip report!

Comment

Glad you had a great time! Those Star Trader custom posters are a crackup. I gotta say, the one on the right is very well done, but your son...they had a little trouble with him. The Photoshop artist in me want him to look more like this:

Subtle difference, but important, IMO.

SORRY! Boy, am I good at taking discussions in unwanted tangents. :lol:

Comment

Welcome to MiceChat. I'm glad you found us and thanks for posting the pix!

Comment

wow cute pictures. welcome to mice chat.

Comment

Minnie sink shot is just too cute. Nice TR!

Comment

Welcome. Great trip report and nice pics. (no report is ever late!)
                sigpic

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
                Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Comment

Awww, hugging the Goofy poster! So cute.

We've decided to give the Lilo and Stitch breakfast a go on this trip. I like the idea of it being a little less hectic than some of the other character breakfasts.

Comment

Love the TR! thanks for sharing I have a 13 month old and just got back a couple of weeks ago and going again in June love doing the character breakfast he got to play with Goofy and the pans so much fun to watch him!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X