Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

    Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel?

    They are equivalent in price for the time period we are looking at for standard rooms as no concierge is available.

    With 2 adults and 3 older kids this time round we need a relatively spacious room so the fact that we have heard PP has larger rooms would be a plus for there.

    The walk being shorter is a plus for DLH as is the disney feel.

    But we are concerned about reviews that claimed its run down.

    But then again we are big pool people so thats a plus for DLH.

    There are so many factors - and we have never stayed in either so we can't begin to choose! Pick for us!

  • #2
    Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

    carousel, all the way :lol: sorry I have been to both motels, I like off property best.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

      Between those to o would pick the DLH. It's just closer and more convenient.

      I have stayed at the carousel...i would never stay there again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

        Sorry you had a bad experience I had the best and the reviews are awsome there. they have remodled and the place rocks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

          Originally posted by angeladlr View Post
          Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotel?

          They are equivalent in price for the time period we are looking at for standard rooms as no concierge is available.

          With 2 adults and 3 older kids this time round we need a relatively spacious room so the fact that we have heard PP has larger rooms would be a plus for there.

          The walk being shorter is a plus for DLH as is the disney feel.

          But we are concerned about reviews that claimed its run down.

          But then again we are big pool people so thats a plus for DLH.

          There are so many factors - and we have never stayed in either so we can't begin to choose! Pick for us!
          Is this the only time you'll ever go to Disneyland?
          If not, then choose one this time, then choose another one the next time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

            DLH by FAR! But if I had a choice of others, I would choose the GCH over any of them

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

              Originally posted by Zeus View Post
              DLH by FAR! But if I had a choice of others, I would choose the GCH over any of them
              me too, but it wasn't an option in the question. We LOVE the GCH...my next favorite is the crowne plaza and then the hyatt.

              maybe I should try the carousel again if they remodeled then maybe they got rid of the slanted bed and the plastic mattress covers,....oh and maybe they fixed the shower so it doesn't flood the bathroom....I won't need the air conditioning, but it would be nice if that worked as well...it was certainly needed in July when I stayed there.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                DLH Is not run down the room have be up keep.
                Disney just want to add thing and update look. coffee pot, Flat screen TV, Better internet.


                that all.

                I know one Mice Chatter may say do PP.

                Jan. for gumball Rally I stay at DLH.
                Last edited by akfandisney; 04-10-2008, 08:11 AM. Reason: add words
                AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                Alan





                Toy Story Mania construction:
                Older photo
                New Photo

                Member of
                MiceChat WDW Trip
                Next trip
                2014 Dec, 31

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                  Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                  me too, but it wasn't an option in the question. We LOVE the GCH...my next favorite is the crowne plaza and then the hyatt.

                  maybe I should try the carousel again if they remodeled then maybe they got rid of the slanted bed and the plastic mattress covers,....oh and maybe they fixed the shower so it doesn't flood the bathroom....I won't need the air conditioning, but it would be nice if that worked as well...it was certainly needed in July when I stayed there.
                  :lol: sounds like you got a lemon of a room :lmao:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                    I really like being able to see DCA from PP, its a nice night view if you're in the room much. I love being able to see DTD from DLH, but I really don't like facing the "city" views or parking lots. But thats just me! The rooms in both are fine for 5, as long as you have the day bed. And you can use either pool, no matter which one you stay in. We switch back and forth depending on the price we can get and view.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                      It has been a couple of years since I stayed at the DLH and 4 or 5 years since I stayed at PPH. But if I had to choose again, I would choose the DLH. Here is my reason. I felt more immersed when staying at the DLH. At the PPH, which if memory serves, was in better condition, however it felt more like a regular hotel.

                      Personally I agree with Hakuna Makarla that off property is the best. I figure we only use the hotel room for sleeping and showering, the rest of the time we are at the park.
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                        Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                        I figure we only use the hotel room for sleeping and showering, the rest of the time we are at the park.
                        95% of the time we stay off property. The hyatt and crowne plaza are far nicer then the PPH and DLH.....it's a toss up between those anf the GCH though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                          I really don't like off property, I love the PPP though - it's clean and the staff is friendly
                          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            95% of the time we stay off property. The hyatt and crowne plaza are far nicer then the PPH and DLH.....it's a toss up between those anf the GCH though.
                            Cheap and close, those are what I look for. Of course we are usually only there for a night or two. If I was going to be staying longer then I would probably upgrade some.
                            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I can't choose! (Hotel decisions)

                              Thanks for the input thus far - but I'm still undecided!

                              We have completely ruled out off property.
                              We have stayed at the GCH and love it but its both booked out for the time of our stay and not in the budget.
                              It is not the only time I will be at DL but for two of the kids and one of the adults it will be so the decision is pretty important!
                              I wasn't aware we could use either pool - that's really helpful to know! Would the room key work in opening both gates?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X