This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please change the entry music loop,

Hi, I know this was discussed about a year ago or so. But I was hoping that if anyone knows anyone or has any say on the matter would think about changing the DL entry music loop. In the old days it was great music orchestral scores from Disney productions etc. Now it is pretty much all the attraction music. Considering that "Remember" Fire works show uses lots of the attraction music as well I think it is overkill to be exposed to all the attraction music before you even enter the gates.

Description of problem: Guests are over exposed to the Disneyland attraction music in the Espalande entry area. This is all prior to the guests even entering the gates!

Solution: Modify the music loop to contain orchestral Disney numbers, Please review entry music loop from 1971-1992 (loop was over 60 minutes long compared to current much shorter loop) the older music loop contained a great balance of Disney music numbers (not attraction cues) that do not overexpose guests to the attraction music cues.

Cost of change: Nothing, reusing old music loops is a option or small fee for stringing together new entry music loop.

Re: Please change the entry music loop,

actually, It makes more sense to keep songs used in the parks out on the espanade, almost as a preview. The music loop gets me hyped up about getting into the parks, and the only way to amplify the experience is to put a small fountain like Hong Kong's whale fountain in the center to add motion.

Comment

I like the music they have out now so I don't think they need to change a thing.

Comment

I'm not there often enough to get tired of it, so I say spend the money to do it on something else. I'm certain that there would be a cost of some sort, probably not a big cost, but a cost all the same.

Comment

For those of you who like the current entry music loop, I am curious to know if you were familiar with any of the earlier music loops or if the current music loop playing is the only one you are familiar with?

Comment

I absolutely love he Esplanade music. It gets me all excited for Disneyland!
            I think this is the only one I've known.
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I think they should definitely change it. Put a little rap on out front. That will definitely boost numbers...

NOT!

Comment

I absolutely love the current loop! One of the best!

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                  Hi, I know this was discussed about a year ago or so. But I was hoping that if anyone knows anyone or has any say on the matter would think about changing the DL entry music loop. In the old days it was great music orchestral scores from Disney productions etc. Now it is pretty much all the attraction music. Considering that "Remember" Fire works show uses lots of the attraction music as well I think it is overkill to be exposed to all the attraction music before you even enter the gates.

Description of problem: Guests are over exposed to the Disneyland attraction music in the Espalande entry area. This is all prior to the guests even entering the gates!

Solution: Modify the music loop to contain orchestral Disney numbers, Please review entry music loop from 1971-1992 (loop was over 60 minutes long compared to current much shorter loop) the older music loop contained a great balance of Disney music numbers (not attraction cues) that do not overexpose guests to the attraction music cues.

Cost of change: Nothing, reusing old music loops is a option or small fee for stringing together new entry music loop.
                  I agree with you about overkill. I would prefer more music from the motion pictures. I don't want to hear the Haunted Mansion music out in the Espalande. It was created to set the mood of the attraction and does not work out in an open space. I feel the same about Yo Ho! It is great music I want to hear entering the attraction, not out there.

Disney as such a large library of great music. What should be entrance music should be upbeat and happy. It should prepare you for entering the park, not a particular attraction.
                  Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
                    I think they should definitely change it. Put a little rap on out front. That will definitely boost numbers...

NOT!
                    http://www.my-family-fun.com/picture...-play-tv-1.jpg

"yo yo, dis here be da mickey and friends in da HIZHOUSE"
                    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-12-2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed. hotlinking is not allowed.

Comment

I like the current loop. I tell ya... leaving the park on your last day to the tune of "When You Wish Upon a Star" is a good experience.
                      DisneyTwins
                      Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
                        http://www.my-family-fun.com/pictures/dance-dance-revolution-disney-mix-plug-n-play-tv-1.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Raise the roof and get down with the Dis at da land!

Sort of like what they did with the Haunted Mansion movie. They added Nelly or something at the end in attempt to get a big teen audience. I'm glad the attempt failed. But, you never know, they may just try it again... This time at Disneyland. *sigh
                        Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-12-2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the current loop. It all sounds like teasers to me, not the actual music from the rides. For instance, you may hear "Zipadee Doo Dah", but it's not the version you hear on the ride at Disneyland--it's the more Southern-sounding version from WDW.

Comment

If they change it, they should get rid of all the attraction music and use Disney and Pixar movie music. Wouldn't it be awesome to hear the music from Cars, Nemo, Incredibles, TLM, etc, played over and over?

Comment

Originally posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
                              http://www.my-family-fun.com/pictures/dance-dance-revolution-disney-mix-plug-n-play-tv-1.jpg

Imagine the NWA songs Mickey Mouse could cover (verbatim).
                              Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-12-2008, 05:39 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X