Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Pirate Mountain?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate Mountain?

I have been reading increasing rumors, that Pirates is going down for a lengthy rehab this year, through 2006, maybe even o early 2007. If so, could Disney be turning the classic pirates, into the new concept that is being designed for HKDL. They could in fact turn the two drops into one longer one, or build farther into the ground, maybe put in different AA's, etc. I don't know, but it could happen.

your thoughts....

Re: Pirate Mountain?

Don't change Pirates!!! I love it the way it is.

Comment

I would hope that they are not doing any major changes other then a little plussing here and there.............this is the BEST Theme Park attraction of all time.....why would anyone in their right mind wish to change that
      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

I don't think I would like it at all. First it would be messing with the original a bit too much. Secondly, if it was too be seen from outside something in New Orleans Square would have to go. I personally love New Orleans Square and think too flumes so close would look poorly. Third, is that if it was inside and went down further the boat would have to brough back up to level. I think the lift before the exit at Disneyland is a bit annoying and even if it was removed people would have to walk all that way up.

Comment

Nah. If we're lucky we'll get the chase scene back, but that's about it most likely. I'm not even sure I believe the movie-type rumors.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
            Nah. If we're lucky we'll get the chase scene back, but that's about it most likely. I'm not even sure I believe the movie-type rumors.
            ok I'm with ya there. Bring back the old!! :captain: :bow:

Comment

I heard they were going to put in a loop.

Na, just kidding. I do think they could update and restore and add a more dramatic ending and still please those looking for modern thrills and the purists as well. For me it's all about keeping the drama, the detail, and the non PC guts in the original. The specifics can change as long as they are clearly better and considered in context.

Comment

I think it's also to fix the leaks that sprung up during the hardcore rainy season. Minor thing, I know, but there was plastic all over that one part of the ride.
                Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

This rumor keeps getter more stretched every time I see it. First it was for a few months, then it was for half a year, now it sounds like it's for a full year. We don't even know for sure if Pirates is getting rehabbed, let alone for an entire year. Now assuming there's a 1-year rehab, they would not combine the 2 drops into one or tamper in the ride in any meaningful way. The most they would do is plus the ride and update it like they did to the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. But personally, I don't think they'll do it for an entire year considering how quintessential the ride is to the park, especially during the 50th. Not to mention it absorbs 3,000 people an hour and keeps them there for 16 minutes. There isn't an attraction in Disney or anywhere else with that kind of capacity/duration.

Pirates is still revolutionary and still the most intricate, longest, most detailed attraction on the planet...but it's also still from 1967. Something needs to be done with it because although it's still impressive, the technology just doesn't drop people's jaws like it did in the 1960's. The Imagineers have proven that they can take even the most classic of attractions and improve them without losing the original so I have faith in them that they can redo Pirates without changing it. Although the attraction is a testament to Walt and his legacy, I feel the best way to honor him is to keep his flagship attraction up to date and have it dropping people's jaws once again.

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Spruce it up, freshen up some things, etc. But it does not need a whole overhaul.
                    www.deliciousmayhem.net
                    www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

They should clean up all that **** from the fire in the last scene
                      oh wait... no it should stay:P

Comment

For the price of making such major revisions to the ride and NOS, they could put a killer ride or two into DCA. And I think most people here would agree that DCA needs rides a LOT more than pirates needs an extreme makeover ......

Plus the thought of Blue Bayou being closed for such along time is unfathomable.
                        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon
                          Pirates is still revolutionary and still the most intricate, longest, most detailed attraction on the planet...but it's also still from 1967. Something needs to be done with it because although it's still impressive, the technology just doesn't drop people's jaws like it did in the 1960's. The Imagineers have proven that they can take even the most classic of attractions and improve them without losing the original so I have faith in them that they can redo Pirates without changing it. Although the attraction is a testament to Walt and his legacy, I feel the best way to honor him is to keep his flagship attraction up to date and have it dropping people's jaws once again.
                          Well said. New technology for AAs like they did for the Tikis, update the "fires", sound, explosions, gunshots, etc., would be more than great. Of course I, like many others, would like to see some of the PC stuff go, but we'll just have to see.

I could see a scenario to add a few movie elements, but I have changed my mind on this. Originally I thought it would be cool to maybe add Sparrow in the jail scene saying "the dog will never come", or maybe update the treasure scenes with the monkey, or some elements like that. But after reading other comments and riding it again several times last weekend, my wife and I both think that those additions would be better left to other versions of POTC elsewhere. Keep the Disneyland original, but just make it better!
                          "Search the boat...."
                          First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
                          There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                          - visit the MiceChat store
                          - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                          Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

Pirates good use some changing

Comment

Reminds me of a dream I had where Pirates had been updated(or this was at some newer park). And it started with having people walk through a large queue(like ToT in Orlando outside(more loopbacks)). Then when you got in the building, it was like some 18th century bank with these boats loading in the middle... totally weird. I think the dream ended right as it was our turn to get in the boat. I've no idea if this was supposed to be our Disneyland, a future version, somewhere else or what...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X