Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Kilt wearing ok?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kilt wearing ok?

Yes, I've seen other guests in their native dress. I don't see how a kilt would be any different.
    Oo-de-lally!

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
      I agree, I don't see a kilt being a costume. It's a traditional way of dress for some people. What if someone named Ian MacDivitch from Edinbugh came wearing a kilt, would DL say "Sorry you can't come in"? I would hope not.
      I suppose it all has to do with the CM's judgement call. I would suggest you leave your broadsword at home...

Comment

Originally posted by AliKzam View Post
        Yes, I've seen other guests in their native dress. I don't see how a kilt would be any different.
        Hooters waitresses???

Comment

Originally posted by Athlonacon View Post
          This is America... anyone should be able to wear anything they'd like (within reason of course), *especially* if it's a part of their nationality. I'd say go for it! It's what makes this country so unique to have so many different cultures and traditions.

Personally, I love seeing someone express their religion or nationality without fear in this paranoid country nowadays. Geez, if you so much as talk funny someone will label you a terrorist or something now.
          very well put!! I say wear the kilt,

Comment

:yuck:
            I'd assume it would be OK, but the kid's at the park WILL be permanently scared.

Wear whatever makes you happy - it's your life.
            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
              Best thing to say to a kilt wearer:

I used to think you were crazy but now I see your nuts.
              :lol:
              "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
                I hereby volunteer to be DLR's Official Kilt Checker. I shall use a ruler to carefully and considerately peek beneath any and all kilts to ensure dress code compliance.
                Sorry Wanda Woman I already claimed that title... You will have to get in line..

Comment

I say that anyone who takes the time to pleat that much fabric over a belt then role it around them should be able to wear it. Unfortunately, weapons are frowned upon, even if traditional.
                  An ex-Cuthbertite who has gone 'north' wore his the last time the Guild went to the Park with no problem.

Comment

my friend has worn his there several times...

funny...he works there now! teehee

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
                      I hereby volunteer to be DLR's Official Kilt Checker. I shall use a ruler to carefully and considerately peek beneath any and all kilts to ensure dress code compliance.
                      Originally posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
                      Sorry Wanda Woman I already claimed that title... You will have to get in line..
                      Perhaps a panel evaluation is needed for this, SWR.

What say ye?

Comment

Sounds good to me.. I will have to find my official kilt inspector button... I think its with all of my Ren Fair stuff...

Comment

IMHO, it would be a pretty impressive display of, "Hey, I need attention! Please! Anyone? Go for the attractions, don't be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                            IMHO, it would be a pretty impressive display of, "Hey, I need attention! Please! Anyone? Go for the attractions, don't be one.
                            Agreed--plus I don't have the calves to successfully pull off a kilt. I think I would end up looking like I should be giving a 'Walking in Walt's Footsteps' tour. Sans riding crop (maybe).

Comment

Dude... if any Scotsman wants to come to Disneyland in kilt, it's all good!

I think we should have a Kilts Day just so SWR, Wanda, Pratt, and I could oogle.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed wearing a kilt. Heck for the inspectors it would be like an early christmas card.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X