Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Kilt wearing ok?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kilt wearing ok?

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed wearing a kilt. Heck for the inspectors it would be like an early christmas card.
    **must get on aashee's Christmas card list**

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
      **must get on aashee's Christmas card list**
      LOL. If Tikiroomliz is there, I'd bet she has the 2007 version.

Comment

Found your answer (thanks Google Images).

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
          IMHO, it would be a pretty impressive display of, "Hey, I need attention! Please! Anyone? Go for the attractions, don't be one.
          I totally understand what you are saying but remember, Disneyland is a place that sells light up ears, Mickey Hand hats, shirts that say I'm with Dopey, Happy Birthday hats, light sabers, flashing necklaces.etc.

Disney loves people that crave attention. If they knew they could make a quick buck on selling Kilts, you'd have Scrooge McDuck Kilts available at every food stand.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            I wouldn't be opposed wearing a kilt. Heck for the inspectors it would be like an early christmas card.
            Great--now everyone outside of MC can see yer nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
              Great--now everyone outside of MC can see yer nuts.

Bring a microscope.
              Originally posted by SummerInFL
              Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
              Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                Bring a microscope.
                Not that curious. If I really want a report, Wanda can describe them to me later (if she can find 'em).

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                  IMHO, it would be a pretty impressive display of, "Hey, I need attention! Please! Anyone? Go for the attractions, don't be one.
                  I imagine most people who would wear a kilt would disagree. What's outlandish to you is just clothing to someone else.
                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                    I imagine most people who would wear a kilt would disagree. What's outlandish to you is just clothing to someone else.
                    Those I know who wear kilts almost always remark on how comfortable they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
                      I bet they are. I'd love to see but the attention for a non-Scottish dude wearing one may be a bit too much.

Comment

Agreed--plus I don't have the calves to successfully pull off a kilt. I think I would end up looking like I should be giving a 'Walking in Walt's Footsteps' tour. Sans riding crop (maybe).
                        I have calves...can I pull them off?
                        I want my cake back!
                        sigpic

Comment

I think I would end up looking like I should be giving a 'Walking in Walt's Footsteps' tour. Sans riding crop (maybe).
                          You say that like it's a bad thing.

Don't worry, I have a riding crop.

Comment

Kilts are a chicks-n-dudes magnet. You'd be surprised! I got one for sport events, believe it or not, where it was required.

There is something of a 'learning curve' with wearing a kilt. I mean, I'm a guy and, well, it took a few tries to, ah, well, learn to sit.

A dare was made all those moons ago to wear one in the park if another person here wore their chaps. Needless to say, I didn't have to wear one.

As a matter of fact, I have a sport kilt decal on this laptop right now!

Peace,
                            Roo
                            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                              Kilts are a chicks-n-dudes magnet. You'd be surprised! I got one for sport events, believe it or not, where it was required.

There is something of a 'learning curve' with wearing a kilt. I mean, I'm a guy and, well, it took a few tries to, ah, well, learn to sit.

A dare was made all those moons ago to wear one in the park if another person here wore their chaps. Needless to say, I didn't have to wear one.

As a matter of fact, I have a sport kilt decal on this laptop right now!

Peace,
                              Roo
                              He said moons!
                              I want my cake back!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FormerDiz View Post
                                Found your answer (thanks Google Images).

mmm, utilikilt....love them.

Originally posted by Lynn, Renaissance Woman View Post
                                Hubby (Korean, Welsh, and Portuguese) wore his Utilikilt on the first day of a brand new job, on a day that turned out to be the hottest day of the summer that year, and he not only was comfy (except for the bus ride) but he finally discovered the beauty of the breeze up the skirt on a overly warm day! (and he was wearing bunders, since it was a Utilikilt not a proper kilt, and he's not Scottish) (and he was going to work)

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
                                Hubby used to wear his utilikilt to company picnics when they had a tug 'o war tournament. It, combined with his size (he's a bigger guy, built like a sumo wrestler), helped them win almost every tournament his team was in, b/c he was a good anchor-person AND he psyched the other team out so supremely!

Hubby probably won't be wearing his Utilikilt on our May visit, but I bet he will in the future, once he gets his weight back down to where it's comfy again.

Wear the kilt!!!

But I must say...I wore a summery a-line dress back in September, and here's what I learned:

unders will be on display without taking awkward measures to avoid it on Astro Orbiters.

If you're taking a little kid along who will want to ride AO, Splash, or Matterhorn with you, don't wear it or put long soccer shorts under the kilt for those rides (so it's obvious you have shorts on and people don't shriek in anticipatory fear).

Watch out for wind.

Probably don't want to ride the carousel while sitting on a horse (or sea creature), unless your behind is narrow enough to go side-saddle.

Definitely be wary on TOT and coasters.

Just the process of getting into and out of seats it more difficult, and you have to be mindful.

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X