This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilt wearing ok?

Was just curious, would a proper gent be allowed to wear his kilt at DL? I'm talking real kilts here.

Re: Kilt wearing ok?

So long as you don't sit on a bench and continually cross your legs its cool. =D

Comment

I guess that'd probably depend on how authentic the rest of the costume...or lack thereof...is. :yuck:

Comment

Whoot for the kilt... Any one who wears a kilt deserves a blue ribbon in my book... (ps that is a reference to a a very funny song... and if you know what song I am talking about then yes you most definately are allowed to wear your kilt... Just let me know what day and what time you will be at the park and I will make sure the proper authorities are notified so a proper kilt inspection can take place... )

Comment

A friend of mine wears his to Bats Day and doesn't get kicked out.
          Erm. He's a CM, but nonetheless, I'm sure he would be confronted were it deemed inappropriate.

Comment

I know the song, Raven. Depends on who I'm with. I've not worn my to DL, but I almost did back for Gay Days 07. Maybe next time.

peace,
            Roo
            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

LOL Roo... Guess what you are allowed to wear a kilt any time you want...

Comment

I'm all about the kilt! (this is me and my gf on the formal night on the cruise we went on)

Comment

Well, if you wear it the traditional way, stay off the Orange Stinger at DCA.....

You may also want to warn the CM at Soarin' not to look up.

Comment

Aye. The Orange Stinger and the Mail Boomer would be a wee bit breezy. Twould not be a grrrrrrrrrreat idea.

Although, I'm all for more Scotch in the park. :razz:

Comment

This is America... anyone should be able to wear anything they'd like (within reason of course), *especially* if it's a part of their nationality. I'd say go for it! It's what makes this country so unique to have so many different cultures and traditions.

Personally, I love seeing someone express their religion or nationality without fear in this paranoid country nowadays. Geez, if you so much as talk funny someone will label you a terrorist or something now.
                      Last edited by Athlonacon; 04-17-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I've seen people wearing Utilikilts a couple of times in the park so I think it'd be fine

Comment

Comment

Seems to me that a kilt is not a costume.

After all, is a skirt a costume?

If women can wear a skirt to DL, why not a man?

BTW: I think it "should" be OK for a man to wear a kilt (or a skirt if he wants to) to DL.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
                            -
                            What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I agree, I don't see a kilt being a costume. It's a traditional way of dress for some people. What if someone named Ian MacDivitch from Edinbugh came wearing a kilt, would DL say "Sorry you can't come in"? I would hope not.

Plus, I've seen kilt wearers, as recently as a few weeks ago!

So, GO FOR IT!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X