This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Parking Lots

I had a few questions about the parking lots owned by Disney. Here's a picture of the different lots of the resort. Below I will post the color parking lot with what I think is its use. Please tell me if i'm correct and if not, tell me what these lots are used for and the official names of the lots. Also tell me if Disney doesn't even own a lot that I mention.

Purple (north of parking structure) - employee parking?
    Light Green (south of structure) - buses and ? annual pass holders ?
    Yellow (Yellow)- various downtown disney parking and ? hotel or annual pass ?
    Dark Blue (next to PP Hotel) - hotel or downtown disney?
    Pink/Magenta (west of PP Hotel) - overfill parking?
    Mahogany - (I know this is site of carsland) but name?
    Red - Employee parking (I know that one)
    Dark Green - More employee parking?
    Light Blue - overfill parking?

Re: Disneyland Parking Lots

The light green is pinocchio which anyone can park in if you enter the right way and get there early enough. There is also the big vehicle lot there too, I forget what that ones called

It should be noted there is no "special" parking areas for Annual Passholders.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I can't see the map, but that won't keep me from posting....

Mahogany is Pumbaa and Timon or "Lion King" lots.
      Light Green: Buses and RVs and anything else too tall for the structure.
      Dark Blue: PP Hotel parking.
      Yellow: DTD and DHotel parking.
      Pink Magenta: overflow parking for various reasons. Large one-night conventions/proms/etc. in hotels, for example.

There are no special lots for AP holders.

Comment

Purple is BCML (Ball Cast Member Lot)
        Light Green Pinnochio Lot (over sized parking)
        Yellow (Yellow)- Downtown Disney Main Lot
        Dark Blue Grand Cali Parking
        Pink/Magenta More DTD parking
        Mahogany - Timon Lot
        Red - KCML (Katella Cast Member Lot)
        Dark Green - Buzz Lightyear Lot (Overfill parking)
        Light Blue - Pumbaa Lot (i think)
        Last edited by SparkyLD; 04-17-2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

alright thanks, but i remember seeing a picture of the WESTCOT, plan and it involved parking in the light blue area, but maybe they didn't even own it yet. also, so there are two separate cast member lots. So how do they get from Katella lot to the resort (i heard shuttles) and from Ball lot to resort (do they walk or use shuttles?)

Comment

Originally posted by SparkyLD View Post
            Purple is BCML (Ball Cast Member Lot)
            Light Green Pinnochio Lot
            Yellow (Yellow)- Downtown Disney And hotel
            Dark Blue Hotel i beieve
            Pink/Magenta Hotel again i believe
            Mahogany - Timon Lot
            Red - KCML (Katella Cast Member Lot)
            Dark Green - Buzz Lightyear Lot (Overfill parking)
            Light Blue - Im not even sure if this is owned by Disney.
            Cloest so far.

The Dark Blue is the GCH parking.
            Pink - Part DTD, Part Cast Member, Part Simba (overflow for Timon)
            Yellow - DTD and DTD Valet I believe. The DLH is the parking structure behind it I think
            Dark Green - the part by the ACC is Buzz Lightyear (EXTREAM Overflow Parking) and the part behind KCML is Pongo lot (I think used for big conventions at the ACC)
            Light Blue - Pumbaa lot.

Yes, all lots circled are owned by Disney. But they do have a LOT of different uses.

Originally posted by FutureImagineer View Post
            alright thanks, but i remember seeing a picture of the WESTCOT, plan and it involved parking in the light blue area, but maybe they didn't even own it yet. also, so there are two separate cast member lots. So how do they get from Katella lot to the resort (i heard shuttles) and from Ball lot to resort (do they walk or use shuttles?)
            Yes, there are 4 CM Lots. KCML to work is a shuttle bus. BCML to work is a nice walk through the parking structure. Simba CML, just walk into work through the DTD lots or over to the DCA backstage gate. And, well, if you park at TDA, you are already there.

Comment

Holy edge of the world, Batman!

I didn't know the Red Lot was the CM parking! I thought all of the the CM parking is the purple lot.

Now I understand some for the what the CM's were talking about when talking about parking problems.

How far is the parking lot from the DL gates? (never mind the CM's work site)
              Jeff made me famous!
              From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

thanks Autopia for clearing it up. and if they were going to build a third theme park, where the KCML is would it be possible to put all cast member parking in (hypothetically, money is not a problem) a structure built on the BCML?
                and also what is this parking lot X or X-lot i keep hearing about?

and also, with the new GCH expansion and underground parking, do they still need that lot north of PP hotel?

Comment

So, for those of us who have not driven to DL since the late 70's when you parked in DCA area, as a guest, which lot should I try to park in and why? Any suggestions and tips would be very much appreciated!!

Comment

for me, and what i've learned hear, if you get there early you should park in the Mickey and Friends parking structure or the pinnochio lot (light green). Then if its getting later in the day, or if its a busy day go to Lion King lot behind DCA on Harbor BLVD. then if you get unlucky, and those are bot full you'll be directed to the simba lot.
                    some people may say go directly to Lion king in the morning, but sometimes when i went there and waited in a ridiculously long entrance line in our car, we were directed all the way over to the structure, so i guess they like to fill that first.

Comment

The purple lot is pretty much reserved for Disney employees who work in DTD.

Comment

There are requirements to be able to park in Ball Lot, like you have to work in the West Side of the park. Everybody else can park in KLOT.

Originally posted by SexDrugsIndustrial View Post
                        The purple lot is pretty much reserved for Disney employees who work in DTD.
                        They also can park in KLot, too. I seem some ride the shuttle from KLot, a little bit of a walk.

Comment

so does that mean you parked in KCML when you worked there Dan-tasmic!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImagineer View Post
                            so does that mean you parked in KCML when you worked there Dan-tasmic!
                            Yuppers!! Took the shuttle every day for three years to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                              Yuppers!! Took the shuttle every day for three years to work.
                              Where do you park when you visit?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X