This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hatbox Ghost

I think they should bring him back. He's in storage right now, so they could put him back if they wanted too.

Re: The Hatbox Ghost

I'm sure 99% of Maunted Mansion freaks like me and you agree whole-heartedly.

Comment

You'll find a majority of the board will agree with you. Many topics and many rumors have been made about his return.
      (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
      (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Why did they remove him? Sorry, I need to be updated on this stuff.
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

Didn't I read somewhere on these boards somewhere that the Hatbox Ghost became Sam the Eagle on America Sings?

Comment

What makes you say he's in storage?

Comment

Originally posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
              Why did they remove him? Sorry, I need to be updated on this stuff.
              The effect never worked right.
              (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
              (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

The Hatbox Ghost is currently in storage at WED Enterprises. The effect never worked right, but I'm pretty sure with the professional lighting effects these days, they could pull it off.

Comment

Again, I'm asking how you know that the Hatbox Ghost AA is being stored at WDI--not WED Enterprises; Eisner changed the name twenty-some years ago. :blush:

And I doubt the effect could be pulled off these days without the complex and rather expensive use of Pepper's Ghost, as we discussed a while back in The Thread 2. It's just very difficult to make a head that's so close to the track so dark that it appears to have completely vanished.

Comment

I watched a video the other day of Tony Baxter saying that the only time he ever saw the hatbox ghost was when he got to ride HM before it opened (He was a CM at DL then) and that it disapeared when the ride opened to the public. If Tony dosen't know where it is, I doubt it still exists. Besides, if they were to try and add the hatbox ghost concept back into the ride, I would like to think that they would just build a new one, not use something from 40 years ago that had been rotting away in a box somewhere.
                    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                    1990, 1992, 1993
                    2006, 2007, 2009
                    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
                    2000, 2001

Comment

No one seems to know where the figure is. It was put in storage and then magically disappeared sometime later.

I think the effect could work if applied differently and if he was further away from the track. I don't think it's that hard...the few pictures on record show that he was really close to the track when he was there.

It's more of a question of Disney putting in the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by doombuggies View Post
                        He's in storage right now
                        Please answer Datameister's question. It's my question, too. What is your source for this claim?
                        "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          Again, I'm asking how you know that the Hatbox Ghost AA is being stored at WDI--not WED Enterprises; Eisner changed the name twenty-some years ago. :blush:

And I doubt the effect could be pulled off these days without the complex and rather expensive use of Pepper's Ghost, as we discussed a while back in The Thread 2. It's just very difficult to make a head that's so close to the track so dark that it appears to have completely vanished.
                          You joking, it would be easy with technologies these days. Heck even a simple revolving door in the hatbox could fix the problem. It is all about Disney putting forth the effort to build a new one.

Comment

Ya I'm sure the mold for the figure's head still exists. They needed to make a mold of the Hatbox Ghost's head to make a duplicate head inside the hatbox. They don't need the original wireframe of the ghost, because it's just a simple structure. It could easily be duplicated if they want to do it that way. Very simple wireframe structure...

And the original Hatbox Ghost MIGHT be in one of the W.D.I warehouses, according to this reference form an E-Ticket from Fall 1999, Number 32.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                              No one seems to know where the figure is. It was put in storage and then magically disappeared sometime later.
                              Someone should check Charlie's garage.

The more developed 'story' that the current attic has might make HBG's return a bit of an incongruity. I still think it would be a fantastic addition to the Mansion itself, if not specifically the attic scene. Would the HBG be a ghoulish suitor courting Constance by offering her the perfect gift for someone of her temperment: his OWN head? I dunno...something appropriate could be arranged by the Imagineers, I'm sure. The HBG deserves to return.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X