This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Eureka Parade music live?

I have seen 2 videos from DCA's old Eureka parade (which I miss very much by the way) and both times the lady's voice in the parade sounded alot different then on the cd. and the parts with like the surfing rock and the chinese part seemed alot longer than on the cd too. so was there a lady that sang the song each time?

Re: Was the Eureka Parade music live?

No. All the stuff you hear on the video is exactly the way it is on the recording on the DCA CD. At least, it sounds the same to me. So, that should lead me to believe all the drum stuff and woman singing or whatever was not live.

Comment

And if there are variations...sometimes what was put on the CD isn't the exact version they put in the parade. They have lots of different choices of essentially the same audio parts with small variations and sometimes they use one for the parade and another for the CD, maybe to make the CD version shorter.

Comment

yeah because there is part on the cd that I ddidnt hear on the video. the part where the girl is like rapping and then later on where they use her rap thing but with upbeat music. I think she says something like "I got what will make you rock, 24/7 all around your clock."

Comment

The version you hear on the CD is the same recording, but it's abridged. When you see the parade you were hearing the entire loop of each unit, not just the flow-through version. The music was not live, however, there were live musicians on some of the floats that "plussed" the soundtrack.
          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X