Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create Your Dream Attraction

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Create Your Dream Attraction

    You've been given permission to create a new attraction in Disneyland Park. You are free to do whatever you want, be it re-design an existing attraction, replace a ride with a completely new one, or even remodel some of the layout. How would you improve Disneyland?
    Disneyland will always be the best, because Walt walked there.

  • #2
    Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

    Combine education with entertainment, a ride plot never before seen, easily interchangeable plotlines and spherical immersion... yes, spherical.

    Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

      Hmmmm...well, my choice is a grand adventure on the scale of Indy, but something appropriate to a new Tomorrowland, located in the space where Innoventions currently is. I still haven't decided on the specifics, though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

        I would want to make an "interactive" attraction. Where the rider would get to decide which way to go, who to see, and what to do. Maybe to the theme of Wall-E. You could be a robot kind of like Wall-E and youre trying to find him or something. At the end of the ride you get some kind of cheap little toy. Like a necklace or a sticker to kinda promote the ride or movie. The kind of toy you get depends on where and what you decide to do in the ride. The ride could be called... Finding Wall-E!)
        Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

          Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
          Combine education with entertainment, a ride plot never before seen, easily interchangeable plotlines and spherical immersion... yes, spherical.
          After I read this I thought... Carosel of Progress!
          Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

            disney's take on back to the future..... the ride.



            haha, universal and there"..... the ride".



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

              If as indicated there are no restrictions then I would build only attractions on the scale and scope of Pirates of the Caribbean, the same length of ride, make it accessible to all ages and disabilities. And full of AA figures.

              I would start in Tomorrowland and make an attraction where you travel into deep space explore alien worlds and encounter strange aliens and machines etc all in the detail and scope of POTC.

              Secondly I would do the same in Adventureland make an attraction similar to Indian Jones or just expand it again with the same scope, depth, detail and lengh of POTC and make it so all can ride, make it a multi vehicle experience possibly in water on land etc and if necessary have one of the computer controlled vehicles be modifed on one car for the disabled, little kids and grand parents to ride on. Current Indy is great but it is just too one dimensional an attraction it needs more story more depth and some slower ooh and ahh parts lol not just fast action all the way.

              "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

              sigpic

              "Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
              — Walt Disney

              "I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

              "The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

              "I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

              "I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

              "Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

              "Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

                a fantasia ride, haunted mansion scale if not bigger.
                individual ride transports though, like peter pan.

                flying through beautiful forests with the satyrs and bald mountain and the end would be the room filling with water and that whole scene with mickey.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Create Your Dream Attraction

                  Originally posted by GothicManor View Post
                  If as indicated there are no restrictions then I would build only attractions on the scale and scope of Pirates of the Caribbean, the same length of ride, make it accessible to all ages and disabilities. And full of AA figures.

                  I would start in Tomorrowland and make an attraction where you travel into deep space explore alien worlds and encounter strange aliens and machines etc all in the detail and scope of POTC.
                  I would love a ride like this IF it was a hopeful, educational look at alien worlds. Trying to scare people with an Aliens type ride would be run of the mill, showing the wonders of the universe with a Star Trek: Voyager type ride could be interesting. I want to travel to exotic planets, star systems and galaxies, see black holes and supernovae, etc. with some alien cultures thrown into the mix.

                  Originally posted by GothicManor View Post
                  Secondly I would do the same in Adventureland make an attraction similar to Indian Jones or just expand it again with the same scope, depth, detail and lengh of POTC and make it so all can ride, make it a multi vehicle experience possibly in water on land etc and if necessary have one of the computer controlled vehicles be modifed on one car for the disabled, little kids and grand parents to ride on. Current Indy is great but it is just too one dimensional an attraction it needs more story more depth and some slower ooh and ahh parts lol not just fast action all the way.
                  Adventure land type rides are great, jungles, exotic animals, mysteries - but here's the problem with Disneyland - if you add a new ride, you'd have to remove either Indy or Jungle Cruise. :shakes head:

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X