This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Grier says Tinker Bell "attraction" coming in October

So the Orange County Register put a story up on their website this afternoon about a recent interview with Ed Grier, Disneyland Resort President.

In the interview Ed doesn't give much new information, but rather just rehashes the old DCA expansion roster and acknowledges that Al Lutz was right several months ago when he broke the news that Disney was planning to manage two new hotels attached to GardenWalk.

The only real nugget of news (or statement not covered in publicity department spin and slime) was Ed's odd statement about a "new Tinker Bell attraction" coming to Disneyland in October. Excuse me?! Since no one has heard of this before, and nothing is currently under construction, I assume this will be a temporary meet n' greet type thing to help sell the new Tinker Bell DVD being released this October. Ed was very vague, and of course wrapped his statement in smarmy PR spin about loving Tinker Bell, but there it is.

I'm thinking he should have used a word other than "attraction", since that implies a ride vehicle, or at the very least a permanent structure housing the "attraction". A Meet N' Greet is not an "attraction", or at least shouldn't be rolled out to the press in vague language as such.

Does anyone know any more about the Tinker Bell attraction?

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/d...17-hotel-plans

Re: Ed Grier says Tinker Bell "attraction" coming in October

I am praying not.. I really wish that brat would go away...

Comment

And by "attraction" I hope he means stage show at the very most. Or a meet & greet.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I highly doubt it is an actual "attraction" because if it is... where are they building it?!

As for meet 'n greet... dayum her skirt is gonna be sooo short. Some kids will just reach the hem of it... ooh lala.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Walt was the first to use attraction to describe something that was mostly just an exhibit rather than a ride. Rides and exhibits were both equal in the early days of Disneyland so I certainly see the term being appropriate.

That being said, Tinkerbelle makes me ill. Where is it going? Fantasyland theater?

Comment

Tink's treehouse! I guess they aren't selling enough Tarzan merchandise.

Comment

Tink's Haunted Mansion Spectacular.
              Originally posted by SummerInFL
              Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
              Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                Tink's treehouse! I guess they aren't selling enough Tarzan merchandise.
                Those Disney Fairies are pretty popular now, and they live in a tree. I could definitely see that happening.

Maybe even a return of Light Magic. Pressler was 10 years ahead of his time.

Comment

I'm sure that Ed is using the term "attraction" in its broadest sense of "an entertainment offered to the public" and they are trying to cash in on the Faerie franchise they are trying to build with Tink and all of her friends. After all, VMK is being replaced by an upcoming online Faerie game. They also have a series of books on the Faeries and a website devoted to them already. It will most likely be some type of meet-n-greet or a stage show of some kind.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                    Tink's Haunted Mansion Spectacular.
                    Connie, can I borrow that for a sec? Thanks, babe.
                    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

its just a dvd hype thing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                        Walt was the first to use attraction to describe something that was mostly just an exhibit rather than a ride. Rides and exhibits were both equal in the early days of Disneyland so I certainly see the term being appropriate.

That being said, Tinkerbelle makes me ill. Where is it going? Fantasyland theater?
                        That may actually be a possibility. "Disney's Fairies" merchandise has been coming out for about a year, with the "Tinkerbell" movie being reworked and delayed, it has really given a chance for building us the anticipation. So with the "Fairies" line being done (to capitalize, even further, on the young girls) and be as big as the princess line, I think it's probable that "Tinkerbell" makeovers will be available in addition to Princess makeovers.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

nooo nooo nooo noo NOOO NOOO NOO!!!!!
                          ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!
                          NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
                            nooo nooo nooo noo NOOO NOOO NOO!!!!!
                            ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!
                            NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Aww, but it will break the hearts of 6 year old girls all over the world if they don't do it!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

it would be a good way to make use of the old Skyway chalet in Fantasty land...personally i think it would be a great place for a M&G, altho i'm not sure about its accessibility which could be a reason not to have it there...
                              Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                              -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                              elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                              Originally posted by pratt55
                              Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X