This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master list of Parades

I was just reading the favorite parade thread and was wondering if there is any kind of master list of all the parades that have taken place through the years at Disneyland.?

I grew up going to Disney World and just made my first trip to Disneyland in 01' after I moved to this side of the country. So, I have only seen a few of the parades and wanted to look up pics or videos of the ones I haven't seen.

Re: Master list of Parades

Not that I know of. There are many places you can go to research it and make a list:

(Remember: Copying from one is called Plagiarism. :evil: Copying from many [and asking permission and giving credit in the footnotes] is called Research. :angel: )

Jason Schultz's "Disneyland Timeline" was online for years, and I think he wrote a book using the online as the raw materials.

Yesterland.com lists several of the old parades that he has info and photos about.

The old "Al's Archives" at MousePlanet.com had some of that stuff - before Al and the rest of the principles had a big falling out, and Al left to form MiceAge. Last I looked they were still there.

And there are other reference books that will have some of the info, one I can think of is "The Nickel Tour" by Bruce Gordon & David Mumford. And "The E Ticket" magazine.

And Doobie & Rebekah's site ******************. (Gee, looks like there's a flag on that name in the auto-censor... I would start laughing about it but it's not my place to judge.)

I could go on, but I don't want to bury you too deep. Finish up those leads and we'll give you a dozen more.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Funny that you should ask. It just so happens that I have been working on a list. I am not sure how accurate it is, but this is what I have found thus far. If anyone wants to correct my dates, please feel free. I would appreciate it...

Last edited by DisneyChrisDotCom; 04-25-2008, 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Wow! You guys are awesome...and quick! That gives me plenty to check out. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Since 1986, the only one I haven't seen is the Shining Star Cavalcade Parade. What was this parade like? Anyone?

Comment

Actually there was Mickeys Magic Kingdom Celebration Parade after Mickeys Shinning Star, but before POD.

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79 View Post
              Since 1986, the only one I haven't seen is the Shining Star Cavalcade Parade. What was this parade like? Anyone?
              This was a mini parade down Main Street to the castle to place the POS parade. This was put in the place of a parade until the POD arrival.

I don't remember much about the parade. I think the princesses were in it.

Comment

Anyway we can put a list up with the dates the parade ran next to the parade's name?

Comment

There was a princess parade that ran along with the Mickeys Magic Kingdom Celebration Parade. It used that gazebo from ACF.

Comment

Speaking of which, A Christmas Fantasy is not on that list. It debuted in... was it 1992?

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                      Speaking of which, A Christmas Fantasy is not on that list. It debuted in... was it 1992?
                      Did that replace Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade?

An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

I think it was 1994.

Comment

[In the process of being worked on, If anyone knows anything where there's a ????, then just post & I'll update this post]

I thought I'd post some pictures & info of the whatever parades I can find, going backwards.

Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams (5/5/05-????)

Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration (2/11/05-4/24/05)

Sleeping Beauty's Royal Celebration (1/28/05-4/24/05)

Mickey's Shining Star Cavalcade (1/7/05-????)

Parade of the Stars (4/18/00-2004)

Mulan Parade (1998-11/22/99)

Light Magic (5/23/97-9/8/97)

Hercules Victory Parade (6/27/97-9/7/98)

A Christmas Fantasy (November 1994-????)

The Lion King Celebration (7/1/94-6/1/97)

Aladdin's Royal Caravan (4/2/93-June 1994)

The World According to Goofy (June 1992-November 1992)

Celebration USA (6/21/91-11/24/91)

Party Gras (1/11/90-11/18/90)

Blast to the Past (1988-1989)

Mickey's 60th Birthday Parade (1988)

State Fair (1987-1988)

Totally Minnie (Summer 1986)

Circus Fantasy (1986-1988)

Disneyland 30th Anniversary Parade (1985)

Donald Duck 50th Birthday Parade (1984)

Flights of Fantasy (6/18/83-9/10/83)

Disneyland 25th Anniversary Parade/Family Reunion (1980-1981)

Mickey's 50th Birthday Parade (1978-????)

America on Parade (6/14/75-9/6/76)

Main Street Electrical Parade (6/17/72-11/25/96)

Last edited by Luke Manning; 04-26-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

You guys rock! Now that I live in Rhode Island, I missed some of those shorter lived parades between the Parade of Stars and Parade of Dreams. I wonder why they had so many short term parades like that? Seems very odd. Maybe they were trying out different ideas so that they would have a really super 50th birthday parade. Seems like, from those pictures, a lot of the elements in those earlier incarnations utlimately evolved into what became the Parade of Dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
                              You guys rock! Now that I live in Rhode Island, I missed some of those shorter lived parades between the Parade of Stars and Parade of Dreams. I wonder why they had so many short term parades like that? Seems very odd. Maybe they were trying out different ideas so that they would have a really super 50th birthday parade. Seems like, from those pictures, a lot of the elements in those earlier incarnations utlimately evolved into what became the Parade of Dreams.
                              Disneyland wanted to get rid of a lot of the things from the Pressler era ASAP. So when Parade of the Stars was put on hiatus for a Christmas Fantasy parade in 2004, it never returned. So they just used 3 really short parades at once while waiting for Parade of Dreams to debut.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X