Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Entrance Construction Finally Beginning?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA Entrance Construction Finally Beginning?

If you check out Darkbeer's new update, the sun icon is surrounded by walls and they took the railing off. Perhaps we can hope the construction has begun.

http://www.darkbeer.smugmug.com/gall...86200376_LtCqu

Re: DCA Entrance Construction Finally Beginning?

yes I saw that at dca today. I hope it is the beginning.

Comment

When I saw construction walls on Main Street expanding the hat shop into space that once belonged to an attraction, I was saddened and shocked.

When I see these construction walls, I have only happiness.

Comment

The Sunshine Plaza/Walt Disney Plaza project isn't supposed to begin until early 2009. These walls most likely arent the start of that project.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

yhea, this DCA revamp is very promising
          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

The sooner they start in the entry area, the BETTER!!!!!!!
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

If they were getting a jump start on the area by tearing out the fountain right before summer and during the final weeks of Food & Wine, they probably would have drained the water.

Since there is still water in the fountain, and the construction walls are nearly flush with the perimeter of the facility, I'm betting this is just a minor refurbishment or reworking of the handrailings. There's probably a slimy lawyer involved in this somewhere, after someone's darling little child was goofing off unmonitored and fell into the fountain or something.

Comment

DCA project has already begun. Its just all backstage where no one can see it...

but i see it alll the time... BOOOO!
                ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

This is not the DCA entry plaza beginning construction. They are simply replacing the railings around the fountain.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I noticed that the 'Philip A Couch Casting Agency' sign was taken down in HPB. (Finally.) The facade it was on looks different from when I was there last, too. Or is it the same and I'm going crazy? (I KNOW the sign was gone, though.)
                    dreams. come. true.

Comment

Why spend money repairing a fountain you're going to rip out soon? Maybe it really was a legal issue, but this just seems dumb to me. I guess if it was in really bad shape, it should be taken care of, but probably this is just scheduled maintenance and one hand is not talking to the other.
                      The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                      -Walt Disney

Comment

well scheduled maintenance and pianting need to continue in areas even if they are due for demolition in the future. It would look horrible if things were left to untouched for one or two years.

Comment

so if I under stand it correctly the fountain is getting the Vegas treatment. What is going in it's place?
                          Dave

Comment

Eventually a new partners statue and the Carthay Theater...

However, ALL that is happening right now is they are replacing the worn out railings around the fountain. It is not being removed right now.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I'm sure some genius kid fell in the fountain while the parents were too busy getting a churro to watch them.

We saw kids climbing around the rocks at the entrance to Condor Flats and around the Grizzly area across from Bugs Land (where the waterfall is). I'm sure it's not too implausible to assume somebody fell in.

I'm still surprised the fencing around Paradise Pier or the ROA isn't higher .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X