Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Gas prices and DL cast retention

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas prices and DL cast retention

So when will the Energy policy of this nation be made public?

-----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

he's like these suckers will never learn the truth. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
        How are the rides at Stater Bros ?
        it's wild, nothing beats suddenly cutting off a old lady near the roasted chicken hot case, tires squealing and jumping the lifted tile a few feet... so wild!

Originally posted by fkurucz View Post
        They know that meals, cokes and snacks are expensive. What will happen as the money gets tighter? Will those AP's not be renewed? Or will other luxuries be dropped instead? I'm sure this question keeps the suits in the TDA building awake at night.
        I doubt it really does keep them awake at night. they know it's disney after all, and people will file into the lines, just at a reduced rate. it's not 1955 disneyland/disney anymore, where just movies and a theme park support the whole company, their fingers are in every pie out there now. bet they already have plans of ditching the theme park ticket tax being proposed on the customers already and most likely are already geared up for it...

The only way they will have a healthy dose of insomina is if it starts affecting their ability to buy more mercedes benz and aramni suits The smart ones will wake up and realize the greedification of the park(s) will only hurt them in the long run and ruin their name brand in alot of peoples eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by mohavewolfpup View Post
          I doubt it really does keep them awake at night. they know it's disney after all, and people will file into the lines, just at a reduced rate.
          But that translates in lower profits, which in today's "take no prisoners" business model means layoffs.

It's not 1955 disneyland/disney anymore, where just movies and a theme park support the whole company, their fingers are in every pie out there now. bet they already have plans of ditching the theme park ticket tax being proposed on the customers already and most likely are already geared up for it...
          I didn't say that they would lose sleep at Galactic HQ, just in TDA.

The only way they will have a healthy dose of insomina is if it starts affecting their ability to buy more mercedes benz and aramni suits
          Have no fear, the big boys won't feel any pain, at least not in the near term. I'm thinking more along the lines of people in middle management and below in the TDA building. Corporate America considers these people cannon fodder when profits dip.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
            I only live 17 miles from the park, but I have to think about it before I decide to drive up there. A large portion of DL's workforce, due to their low incomes, lived in places like Riverside and Corona. If gas prices get to a point where those people can no longer afford their commutes, Disney is going to have to compete even more for the local workers.
            Disney may decide to provide Metro Passes to all CMs above casual employment level. Then they can take the train in (on their own time) and the cost to Disney is a approximately $100 per ticket per month.

Disney could negotiate a deal with the Metrolink and Amtrak.

If you think this is a transient event, you need to read a book entitled: "The Long Emergency" - Check it out on Amazon. The author does a decent job of describing how our lives will change with the increase of fuel/energy costs.
            --
            http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
              If you think this is a transient event, you need to read a book entitled: "The Long Emergency" - Check it out on Amazon. The author does a decent job of describing how our lives will change with the increase of fuel/energy costs.
              I haven't read the book, but here is one "prediction": Lower middle class Americans will no longer have cars, as they won't be able to afford to "feed" them. They won't be able to afford newer, fuel efficient cars either. The current model, where they buy old clunkers just won't work, because most of the available clunkers will be gas hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                Disney may decide to provide Metro Passes to all CMs above casual employment level. Then they can take the train in (on their own time) and the cost to Disney is a approximately $100 per ticket per month.

Disney could negotiate a deal with the Metrolink and Amtrak.
                Sometimes I think that these passes should be free. The cost savings from reduced pollution, traffic congestion, less road construction and repair would probably pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz View Post
                  Sometimes I think that these passes should be free. The cost savings from reduced pollution, traffic congestion, less road construction and repair would probably pay for it.
                  I agree.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

I live in Riverside and the drive to Disneyland one way is exactly 44 miles. I've worked there for a year now and still think I will be only making 9.40 an hour. I also might only be doing one parade (which is only a four hour shift.) If I can't get into a second parade I may have to take the summer off from working at Disneyland. It would just not be logical for me to drive 88 miles a day for 4 hours of work.
                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                      I live in Riverside and the drive to Disneyland one way is exactly 44 miles. I've worked there for a year now and still think I will be only making 9.40 an hour. I also might only be doing one parade (which is only a four hour shift.) If I can't get into a second parade I may have to take the summer off from working at Disneyland. It would just not be logical for me to drive 88 miles a day for 4 hours of work.
                      Even if you have a 30 mpg vehicle that commute costs about $12 in gas. Then there is the wear and tear on your car to consider. Assuming a 5 day work week you would be commuting 23K miles per year, plus any other driving you do. Even the sturdiest Japanese cars last only so long. Its one thing if you commuting like that to a 100K job, but it seems like financial suicide for low wage earners.

Comment

in my school paper there was an article about gas prices affecting summer plans, and one kid at my school had to give up his DL job because he can't afford to commute from his home in San Diego for the summer. just though I'd share! It's def having an effect.
                        "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

My commute to DL is $12/week if I work a 5 day work week (which is not reasonable... it'll probably be less, unfortnuately). If I work six hours a day I'd make $54, $271/week. So gas is taking only 4%. I'd say I'm doing ok gas wise... for now.

I live only six miles away though, so I'm really lucky.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X